R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   TRACKS IN CONNECTICUT (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/614799-tracks-connecticut.html)

Repo58 04-01-2012 01:38 PM

TRACKS IN CONNECTICUT

Hello all, I'm new to RC Racing. I just bought a traxxas Slash today and now I'm looking for a place to race. I live in waterford, CT. Does anyone know of any tracks in my area that race 1/10 off road? Thanks in advance

RCHAM 04-01-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Repo58 (Post 10544864)
Hello all, I'm new to RC Racing. I just bought a traxxas Slash today and now I'm looking for a place to race. I live in waterford, CT. Does anyone know of any tracks in my area that race 1/10 off road? Thanks in advance

Ok you are about 1.5 hrs from the best track(s) in CT. Which are located in Winsted. Offering 100% clay surface 1/10 - 1/8, 1/5 Dirt oval and off road, sand drag, and more.
Other tracks that I can think of quickly are located in Oakville, Waterbury, and Enfield.

RC Hobbies and More (Winsted), Pin Shop Hobbies (Oakville), RCHR (Waterbury), RC Madness (Enfield)

Repo58 04-01-2012 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by RCHAM (Post 10544883)
Ok you are about 1.5 hrs from the best track(s) in CT. Which are located in Winsted. Offering 100% clay surface 1/10 - 1/8, 1/5 Dirt oval and off road, sand drag, and more.
Other tracks that I can think of quickly are located in Oakville, Waterbury, and Enfield.

RC Hobbies and More (Winsted), Pin Shop Hobbies (Oakville), RCHR (Waterbury), RC Madness (Enfield)

I was hoping to find something in my area. All the tracks seem to be about an hr or more away. I'm sure I will check out all that you mentioned but I would like a "home track". I know I'm asking for to much LOL. I just did a search and saw a place called control freaks. That is a little bit closer. Have you heard of this place?

NitroOB4You 04-01-2012 02:20 PM

CF no longer does offroad...might even be completely done with RC for all I know. I just recently heard of a new place opening somewhere in RI. I'll see if I can get specific info and post once I know for sure.

JakeC351 04-01-2012 03:15 PM

Rchr.biz awesome track! There's racing every Wednesday 7-10 or 11pm
And racing every Saturday 12 to about 4-5
Everyone in very nice and will help u out with anything its an awesome track
There website is www.rchr.biz go there for address and store phone number.
There open every Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Saturday from 5pm to 10pm
With the exception of Saturdays there open from 9am to about 6-7 pm i think
CHECK IT OUT
Btw its an indoor race track and hobby sho

NitroOB4You 04-01-2012 04:23 PM

RE : Track in RI
It's in Warren, which I am told is exit 2 off I-95. It is apparently in a mulch yard called D&D. I dunno if that's anywhere near you, but might be worth looking into. :)

taco94 04-01-2012 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Repo58 (Post 10544967)
I was hoping to find something in my area. All the tracks seem to be about an hr or more away. I'm sure I will check out all that you mentioned but I would like a "home track". I know I'm asking for to much LOL. I just did a search and saw a place called control freaks. That is a little bit closer. Have you heard of this place?

Controlfreakz did nitro onroad only before they closed in late 2011.

As far as I know, there is nothing near Waterford.

Repo58 04-03-2012 02:15 PM

Thanks for all the info guys

Glowster21 04-03-2012 03:58 PM

Unfortunately from Waterford I think the closest would be RC Madness. Great tracks and worth the drive, it's definitely a drive though.

RCHAM 04-04-2012 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Glowster21 (Post 10555136)
Unfortunately from Waterford I think the closest would be RC Madness. Great tracks and worth the drive, it's definitely a drive though.

Can't agree more with you Joe. That's why we put so much work into ours EVERY week. :nod:

BermudaKID 05-17-2012 12:01 PM

Hi, I'm also from CT but I Live in Bridgeport, are there any tracks in the south western part of CT or in the NY Area?
And are there any outdoor tracks anywhere near?? I have an electric SC and a Nitro buggy.

Looks like RCHR in Waterbury is only about 30 mins away.

kaiser 05-17-2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by BermudaKID (Post 10745604)
Hi, I'm also from CT but I Live in Bridgeport, are there any tracks in the south western part of CT or in the NY Area?
And are there any outdoor tracks anywhere near?? I have an electric SC and a Nitro buggy.

Looks like RCHR in Waterbury is only about 30 mins away.

rchr is indoor, so no nitro. but a great track, 10 minutes north of that is pinshop hobbies outdoor track and 25 minutes north of pinshop is rc hobbies and more, awesome outdoor track, electric, nitro, 1/5 scale, airfield.

rt 8 north is rc heaven!

scottgir 06-06-2012 08:27 AM

There's also a smaller indoor carpet track in Vernon CT

Fast and Fun RC Raceway.

mdl060374 06-25-2012 05:07 PM

Repo,

Not sure if you still look at this thread, but there is a backyard track in Groton, that I found out about through Lee's Toy and Hobby.

Basically, it has a driver stand, and weekend racing for short course.

I never raced (I have a buggy) but used the track to practice...

It is a little rough on buggies, due to rocks, etc but a SC would be fine for it.

(If you are looking for a convenient place to mess around, its ideal.)

beaker1024 08-15-2013 10:12 AM

mdl060374 - Do you know if the backyard place in Groton is open this (2013) summer / fall?

I called Lees hobby shop and they said that they did not get any information for that track this year so they didn't have times/days or even the location info to give out.

Could it still be around this year but just didn't post info with that hobby shop?