Wiki Posts
Search

Richmond VA RC track and club.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Richmond VA RC track and club.

There is a new RC track in Richmond VA located at Southside Speedway off of Genito Rd.

They are just starting up but already have 2 small ovals, a rock crawling area and a small offroad track.

Very relaxed atmosphere and any type of vehicle is welcome. They didn't have the road course completed when I visited but have plans for one.

They have a website with more information at.

jmwmotorsports dot net. If someone with more posts could post the link that would be great.

804-212-5272
Old 02-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Newlaw
There is a new RC track in Richmond VA located at Southside Speedway off of Genito Rd.

They are just starting up but already have 2 small ovals, a rock crawling area and a small offroad track.

Very relaxed atmosphere and any type of vehicle is welcome. They didn't have the road course completed when I visited but have plans for one.

They have a website with more information at.

jmwmotorsports dot net. If someone with more posts could post the link that would be great.

804-212-5272

That is really cool I know that Area really well.. Those kids out there need more fun stuff to do...
My folks life about 2 miles from southside speedway. Ill have to bring an rc or two when I go visit them!

http://www.jmwmotorsports.net/

They need more pictures of their tracks ..
And Sad to say... their work seems a bit hokey...

Two ovals.....Really.... I mean come on..

there is an oval race way right there that is life size!!!
Make something a bit more intricate .. you have the space!!
VA has AWESOME Clay soil in most areas, that is perfect for this sort of purpose!!..
Sure they could get some free and make some jumps and turns!!
They just need to think about it and get on it...

+ If they are going to charge any kind of membership fee things should be a lil tighter then they are/seem... maybe track borders that dont catch your car.. or a lap transponder.. A raized shaded area for the drivers... the things that most tracks that charge money to drive on have....

Last edited by Lordprimate; 02-17-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default schedule

Do they have a race schedule?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

No it's really just a place to meet up with local rc guys and have fun. They have the space to build a nice track but for now it's very basic. They do have a fun race for free lunch .

If it grows maybe they will build a nicer layout. It would be nice to have a real RC track in the Richmond area but I'll take anything I can get for now. Hopefully someone with some track building experience can help them out.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default track

If it grows maybe they will build a nicer layout. It would be nice to have a real RC track in the Richmond area but I'll take anything I can get for now. Hopefully someone with some track building experience can help them out.[/QUOTE]

I have built and designed many tracks. If you guy are interested I can help you build a great track and maybe we can turn this into a great race facility.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mdhyams
I have built and designed many tracks. If you guy are interested I can help you build a great track and maybe we can turn this into a great race facility.
md I don't have anything to do with the track but I'm sure if you talked with the guys that run it they would be appreciate the help.

I went to Awesome RC yesterday and that track was a blast. I don't know how long it takes to put something like that together but WOW!

Here is a merged pic from my iphone.