R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default LET's Go Racing! Myrtle Beach, SC

Hi guys,
I am proud to introduce our new indoor racing facility for micro RC vehicles. Our primary racing is with the Kyosho Mini-Zs, but we also rent out Losi 1/24 cars and trucks, and HPI RS32s.

We are racing on Wednesday nights from 6-9ish, and on Saturdays from 4-whenever. Currently we are racing two classes, GT spec with 70t motors, and a pseudo box stock class (box stock + bearings and tires).

We are located in the Myrtle Beach Mall, in Myrtle Beach, SC.

The entrance to our store from the mall.

A couple of our Mini-Z track layouts.

This is the rental/off-road/beginner track.

The pits, with electricity and seating.

Race control center.

A couple of overview shots from random places in the store.

Last edited by hrdrvr; 12-13-2011 at 02:14 PM.
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Finally got to edit some pics into the first post. Feel free to comment/critique our store/track. I will get some videos up if any one is interested.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Hey there Landon. I read about this in the newspaper and became interested. I currently fly rc plane during the warm-weather and got talking to another member named Stan. He told me he knows you and that he used to do a little racing. Anyways, I am interested in the hobby, and am looking to maybe get started. What all is needed? Price to race and what are good cars? Let me know what you think.
brandoncrowley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Hi Brandon,
Stan is a good friend. I thought I was going to be seeing more of him, but I think the planes have him and his son hooked

We have everything you need in stock at our store in the Myrtle Beach Mall. If you come in, I can show you the differences between the options we have. What I recommend is either the MR-02 EX kit, or an MR-03 and KT-18, to start. It really just depends on how dedicated you are going to be to racing. The 03 has a little more sophisticated front suspension, and is a bit more versatile as far as body selection, but the 02 EX is a very competitive starter car, and a bit more affordable.

Our most popular class right now is the box stock class. We are only allowed to add bearings and change tires. Everything else has to be done with materials in the box. This is keeping every one on a very level playing field, and making for some of the closest racing we have ever had. It is a very affordable class to get into as well, as you don't need a box full of tuning supplies and a hopped up car to compete.

Right now our special on practice time is: $5 for 3hours or $10 all day (usually its $5/1 hour, $10/3 hours or $15/day). Race nights the cost is $10. We run three 5-minute qualifying rounds, and a 10 minute main with bump ups. We are also running a special, where if you buy your car from us, your first three practice sessions are free.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. The store number is 272-0047, and we are here all hours that the mall is open. Typically that's 10-9 M-S, and 12-6 on Sunday. Right now we are open for extended hours until Christmas.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Tech Initiate

Just wanted to say things are going well for us. We picked up a bunch of new racers over the holiday and are now running a Novice class. Come on out, grab a Z and hop on the track for some fun racing action!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That place looks really, really nice. Inside and out.......top notch job!
Just one request. Cover up that RCP when ya'll are painting!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Tech Initiate

Thanks diesel! We worked/are working hard to make this a top notch facility to race and shop in.

disclaimer: No RCP was harmed in the painting of these walls
Old 01-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Just wanted to say we have had double digit racers the last few race days! MiniZ is taking off here in MB. If you guys are ever out here, stop by and check us out!!

Also, if you are thinking about planning a trip down, there will be no better time than January 28th! We are having a trophy race, and welcome any one who wants to come participate with us! Click for event details!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are you in Coastal Grand Mall? if so, what store are you near?
Old 03-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Sk8ordie - We are located in the Myrtle Beach Mall, not the Coastal Grand. Myrtle Beach Mall is the one up by Briarcliffe, that used to be called Briarcliffe Mall, then Colonial Mall. We are in between Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works, pretty much right between the theater and Bass Pro Shop.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
Tech Initiate

Just wanted to say we are still kicking, and doing well. We usually have between 12 and 15 racers on Wednesday nights. We are looking to possibly do some parking lot racing on the weekends if there is interest. Let us know!

In the mean time, here are the videos of the mains from our last event....the PN Racing World Cup Qualifier for the South Eastern US.

2 Wheel Stock

C-Main

B-Main

A-Main

LM Pro Stock

B-Main

A-Main

GT Mod

B-Main

A-Main

F1 Pro Stock

A-Main

Pan Mod

B-Main

A-Main
Old 04-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

Hope to stop by in June..
campdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #13
Tech Initiate

Great. We look forward to meeting you!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #14
Regional Moderator

Nice. Is the parking lot track youre building for 1/10th scale races?
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
Tech Initiate

nitrous36 - We are looking to start out racing a 17.5 "blinky" class, then will progress to an "open" format where we will have a class where you can "run what you brung". There has been the most interest in the 17.5 class (cost and speeds down, but competition high), then mod brush-less, with a few interested in nitro as well.

Do you have a vehicle? Would you be interested in running with us? We have been going at it with a very temporary track a couple of nights a week. We are close to coming to agreement with the mall about when we can start doing some more organized races, with timing and all. They want me to wait until after the biker festivities are over, since they are taking up a lot of parking lot space, and other mall resources.