R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #31
Tech Initiate

It's been a while since I updated this thread. The PL racing never seemed to really take off, and mostly that is my fault. I never had any one step up and take the reigns on running the show outside, and I couldn't get the mall to commit to some space to leave a track set up, so the logistics of outdoor racing just isn't in the cards for us right now. What I have been pursuing is a bigger space within the mall to locate an indoor carpet track. There is one available, but the mall and I can not come to agreement on pricing. This may change if the mall has trouble renting that space out, and if my current venture takes off!

So onto the current venture and the reason for the update!.......I am rearranging the store, and we will be putting a carpet track in our current location! We will be experimenting with different classes, and have a lot of people looking forward to getting into some good indoor on-road fun! We already have a group with TC so if the lane width works for those, that will likely be our first class! It might be a little tight, but should be just right for 1/12 scale pan, and big and open for 1/16-18 off-road. I already have a few jumps we can throw out for the off-road cars, and can make a lot more if that's what I get interest in.

I already have about 6-8 people who are willing to buy into 1/12 pan, and a few more looking at getting into F1 racing. Those two classes will probably be the first to follow the 17.5/2 cell TC class.

Stay tuned for pics of the new set up! The carpet is ordered, and I should take delivery of it by the end of the week. I'll probably wait until after new years to tear down the MiniZ track, but construction of the sub-floor should begin right after that.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #32
Regional Moderator

Thanks for the update. Sorry to here pl isnt going to work for u. Hopefully u can get that larger space in doors. I dont care if its indoor or outdoor pl or carpet. I just want a place to race my tc6 . If u ever get indoor tc going ill stay posted. I been to a track 2 hrs north c me. But myrtle beach is closer. If u ever get space for an indoor carpet track ill definately be there.
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #33
Tech Initiate

I try and keep everything up to date. It's tough sometimes to keep up with what I have posted where, lol.

Anyway, Here are some pictures of the new carpet track in our current location. We took the RCP track down, and basically tripled it's foot print!

This was the first layout we did. It was fun for the larger scale stuff.

This was the most recent larger scale layout.

It's a little too small for any real racing of TCs, but can be fun for 1/12 pan, and a blast with 1/18on/off-road. A couple of us still run our TCs on it every now and then

For the smaller stuff, I can really make some intense layouts!

Here are a couple of examples

Our last event layout.

Our current layout.

And FWIW, I don't remember there being so many pop-ups on this site. I just clicked down an ACE Hardware pop-up like 25 times (maybe more!!) just in the short time it took me to make this post. It was a pain in the A!

Oh yeah, that got me side-tracked. The mall seemed to not want me to move down to the larger space, which is why I decided to go ahead and try and make more room in my current spot. Of course, after this investment, they came to me and tried to make another deal on the other location. It's been vacant for almost 6 months now, which as them desperate to fill it. My store is in a lot better shape, and in a better location within the mall, so, it is actually looking pretty good for to be moving down to a store with almost twice as much floor space. If that is the case, I will likely end up with a slightly larger mini-Z track, and in time, something like a 3500 sq ft large track. That would allow me to have a competition sized track for TCs, pan, and possibly 1/10 off-road with removable jumps.

It's going to take a lot of investment to get that location up to par, so I've got a lot of figuring to do over the next month or so I've got a big Mini-Z event coming up on March 2nd, so I will be focusing on that until then. After that, who knows....?!?!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #34
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

'bout time for another update Landon
Traveler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #35
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler2 View Post
'bout time for another update Landon

I look forward to his updates too as well, but I think its a closed case for 10th scale. Aint happenin. Blame the mall, cost(for larger space) and limited space. Not his fault, just using what he can afford and what the mall will offer for the money.(no fault of his own)
Old 02-03-2016, 04:44 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is this track still open?
ActionRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #37
Regional Moderator

Yes sir. Check it out in the carolina section.