R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Default Roswell, New Mexico

There is a possibility that I can open a track in the roswell without it costing an arm and a leg. is anyone out there interested? It would have to be electric only because of houses nearby but would be off road.
Racin Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:36 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202

area 51 racing

i figured id say it before someone else do
good luck with the track
_|MRC/Team Academy_|_www.modelrec.com|_
rdub202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:26 PM   #3
Tech Addict

way ahead of you. That is what i would call it. It would also be on main in a prominent location. (reason for no nitro) but nitro may come later after the program is established.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:37 PM   #4
Tech Addict

50 views and no responces, come on guys i need to hear from you
Old 01-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Unhappy great

Quote:
Originally posted by Racin Rev
50 views and no responces, come on guys i need to hear from you
thats all we need....
a great night of racing only to come home with an anal probe still attached to our ass....
ravenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 04:04 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

isnt roswell a small town? I live in ABQ I would have to drive pretty far to get down to ya he he he he
jocktheglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #7
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by jocktheglide
I live in ABQ
Me too.
ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:55 PM   #8
Tech Addict

ravenos, what in the world are you talking about?

Actually Roswell is somewhere between 50&60 thousand people. Where I used to live we ran a successful racing program in a county where that was greater than the total population. But, yeah abq is a far drive, besides, reading about your track you would have to take the slicks and front and rear sway bars off to run here. No super blue groove here.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:07 PM   #9
Tech Adept

The location of the track being on a main road is not always the key, consider that the off road track here in abq is in the south valley, way out of the way for most people that race it. Same as the on road track far northwest near Rio Rancho and it still drew a crowd. Where the track is located is not all ways the issue, you need to consider what do the R/Cer's in your area want to run, gas or electric on or off road, our off road track here does very well, good enough to hold the elec. nats in 04. and if all goes right we will have a much larger 1/8 scale off raod track soon as well. We still manage to run 1/10 elec truck and buggy, 1/10 gas truck, monster truck, and 1/8 buggy all on one track. find a piece of land you can actually get your hand s on easily, and work from there. if this is something you are going to try to make as a business, you can find financial backers if you have the right business plan.

Good luck,
and keep us posted on your progress
I know a few of us that will come down to race on occassion, to run a different track.

Bryan
Pitstops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 05:48 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Talking area 51

Quote:
Originally posted by Racin Rev
ravenos, what in the world are you talking about?

Actually Roswell is somewhere between 50&60 thousand people. Where I used to live we ran a successful racing program in a county where that was greater than the total population. But, yeah abq is a far drive, besides, reading about your track you would have to take the slicks and front and rear sway bars off to run here. No super blue groove here.
area 51, roswell, the whole alien thing, anal probe....
nevermind... LOL
great place though......
ravenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:20 PM   #11
Tech Addict

The problem for here is i don't believe that there has been any formal racing here for a very long time. Some guy tried to start one a year or so back, got as far as getting himself on the roar website but it never got off the ground. I don't know any more about it than that. With that said there does not seem to be any core group to start with so i was thinking about buying a dozen or so evader trucks and allowing people to rent them for use at the track. then appealing to the middle and high schools to compete on week nights and let people rent them for racing on Saturday. Then, hopefully, people would start showing up with their own equippment, (or preferably, buying it from me.) Once the track was established and making some money, a move to a nitro friendly environ would be possible.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:51 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
Me too.
dont you bash? Man there is no place to bash around here like where I used to live in AZ area where it was all desert and hills etc.
jocktheglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:49 PM   #13
Tech Addict

i am more of a racer than a basher. I love the community and the competition in that order. I would get board just driving the little car around with no purpose.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #14
Tech Adept

I thought the purpose of R/C was for fun, if you only want to run to race, you are going to get awfully bored with no one else to race with, I also love the competition of racing, but I will just as quickly get out on the street in front of my house, or any of the open off road spaces i can find to go out and bash for fun, in the end the result is the same i had a blast and enjoyed every minute of it, any way I can get it.
Pitstops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #15
Tech Addict

it is for fun, but different people find fun in different ways. for me it is in the community and the competition. Sure i would go out to the track and practice a lot by myself and i enjoyed it but it was all for being better on race day.

to each his own i guess.