R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-18-2001, 08:18 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to motoxr
Default race track location forum

post locations of tracks around where u live and rate them so out of towners know where the hottest tracks are when traveling!
motoxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 08:25 PM   #2
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We have some pretty good parking lot racing here in KC

Check out the Hobbytown KC thread under Racing Forum for details!!!!!
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 09:59 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

This thread is a GREAT idea... I think it warrants a forum of its own... I'll ask the boss...

Trips
Old 09-19-2001, 12:40 PM   #4
Tech Adept

people have been putting stuff like this in the racing forum. But yeah we need a reginal forum.
drummer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 02:46 PM   #5
Tech Addict

I race at Twin City Hobby & Raceway in Brooklyn Park, MN. www.twincityhobby.com Both indoor offroad, and indoor onroad (ozite). VERY helpfull hobby shop, with good selection of parts, and what they don't have, they'll order. Fun racing, and great people to race with. They're hosting the OktoberFast race, which is the first race of the US Triple Crown Series. There's also a big offroad race coming up, and I wouldn't be surprized if there'll be more regional/national races in the near future!
JeffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:52 AM   #6
Tech Adept

well if u race in the st louis area, there is an indoor carpet track/outdoor onroad track over in pontoon beach illinois. we race 10th scale nascar oval and touring cars. also gas cars in the summertime outside. racing starts at 12 30 or so. its really the only onroad track in this region to race at. if u r just gettin into the sport, the guys are all pretty helpful to get u setup. foam tires or rubber works on touring cars. the nascars of course are pan cars that run foam. if anyone is intersted in further info, contact me. see ya
Old 09-21-2001, 10:54 AM   #7
Tech Adept

hey kansas racer, ive raced over there in kansas city with u guys and u run a real good operation there in the parking lot. kudos to all of u.
Old 09-21-2001, 08:55 PM   #8
Regional Moderator

thanks,

We have probably our last race of the year Oct. 7th...

I might have to hook up with you and race in St. Louis, I have alot of relatives in the area!!!
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 09:13 PM   #9
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

motoxr: What part of STL do you live in? My wife and I were born and raised in St. Louis before we moved over here to Kansas. I lived in Jennings and she lived in Pagedale and we both went to Normandy High School If you've heard of Normandy, you know why I put the sign there!

Before we graduated and left STL, I didn't do any onroad racing there. Only offroad racing at the big track in the park down on Manchester off I-270.

I got into onroad and Touring cars because there was nowhere to race offroad here! Definitly a change for the better!

Now I race in pretty much the same places as kansasracer does. Three local tracks within 40 minutes! Sweeeeeeeeet!
Old 09-22-2001, 07:35 AM   #10
Tech Adept

darkside, i live over in st charles. im a sales manager for lou fusz, im sure u remember that name. anyway, the racing scene here is pretty poor in most respects, if u dont like offroad. i like offrod too, but they started racing on saturdays, and i work on saturdays so i sold all my offroad and got back on the concrete over at pontoon beach. but if i want real racing w/ more than ten guys i gotta come over there and race w/ you guys. but im thinkig of getting together some money and sponsorship from the lhs here to get us a real parking lot series goin here. they have done it b4 but kind of half assed the whole thing. u guys have a very proffesional setup and was run smoothly and i was impressed. so if u know if anyone who will run a copy of lap counting sofware for me that would help greatly with the expense of gettin this thing on its feet. any help or advice is appreciated!
Old 09-22-2001, 10:54 AM   #11
Regional Moderator

Motoxr: Yeah I remember LouFusz. My mother bought a car from Lou Fusz Pontiac way back in the day. Excellent, excellent car.

anway....

I was hoping your appearance here meant they had finally put together a good on road out fit there in STL. That way I would have something to do when my wife decides we need to go home to visit our families there. I guess not.
Old 09-22-2001, 07:49 PM   #12
Tech Adept

well im workin on that for next spring. should be interesting. i just have to get together the funding this winter. so fear not my friend, good things are to come!
Old 09-23-2001, 12:15 AM   #13
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hi guys,

I agreed wholeheartedly with Trips that this deserved its own forum. Feel free to post threads about any and all tracks you race at, or queries about any area you might be looking for tracks in.

Thanks!
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 04:24 AM   #14
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Kornok

HI we have a nice track here in the phil. also it rockz and we also have a rally class!!
Kornok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:38 AM   #15
Regional Moderator

motoxr: that would definitly be cool. I just want something else to do while we are visiting home. All I get to do now is sit at my parents house or hang around with my friends from high school that still live there. Problem is that their still simgle and I'm "married with children". So theres not much to talk about or do that we still have in common.

Personally, I wouldn't mind heading to a nice track and just racing the entire weekend or week that we may spend visiting there!