R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #226
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmr931 View Post
OK I KNOW THIS IS A THREAD FOR GO FAST ONLY, BUT MY QUESTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE COMPETING OFF ROAD TRACKS....

I am getting back into the hobby and am waiting for my 10th scale buggy to come in so I can race at go fast. I am also interested in getting into on road racing, preferably nitro.

Are there any on road tracks, nitro or electric, within 30 minutes of cincinnati? I have done a search, both on here and google, but cant seem to fine anything. So if any of the cincinnati guys can point me to an on road track nearby, I would really appreciate it.

I know several years ago, there used to be a track at Joyce park in fairfield, not sure if its still there or not??
the only on road i know of in the area is the hobby shop in centerville. they do nitro and electric
SC10 rtr- Sidewinder combo/Z590m
gen3busonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #227
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thats Randy Castle's place, "The Hobby Shop" up by Dayton Mall. I hear they get a good crowd and some ole timers from back in the day still race there.

I hadnt heard about the 1/8th scale track moving down to Hamilton Co Fair Grounds, when do they race, what days etc? Does Chillino (sp?) and Dennis still run the place or involved?

Go Fast is a cool place, if you like 1/10th scale off road, its a good place to run. Plenty of good competion and the amenities are nice. Probaly the best track around this area since good ole RC Buggy World !!

See ya there.
Kromulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #228
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Tri-State RC Auto Racers (www.tsrcar.com) moved last year from Joyce Park in Fairfield to the Hamilton County Fairgrounds. This club is a top-notch group of guys (and gals) that run a 1st class on-road racing facility. The new track at the fairgrounds is in its early stages, but coming along nicely. In the past, this club has hosted such races as the Midwest Series, US Nationals, and even the Worlds. They run primarily 1/8 and 1/10 nitro, but electrics are always welcome. By far, the best asphalt on-road facility in the area.
Rcdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #229
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
Thats Randy Castle's place, "The Hobby Shop" up by Dayton Mall. I hear they get a good crowd and some ole timers from back in the day still race there.

I hadnt heard about the 1/8th scale track moving down to Hamilton Co Fair Grounds, when do they race, what days etc? Does Chillino (sp?) and Dennis still run the place or involved?

Go Fast is a cool place, if you like 1/10th scale off road, its a good place to run. Plenty of good competion and the amenities are nice. Probaly the best track around this area since good ole RC Buggy World !!

See ya there.
My sentiments exactly, we have a great short indoor track now (Rockfield) and a great big indoor, with a Hobbyshop at the facility! best of both worlds! these are good times indeed! Looking forward to Saturday, new layout, glad I chose to get back into this after a 13 year layoff!
r955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #230
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Contact info for Go-Fast

If anyone has a pesonal # for Tom or Ruth can you have one of them contact me. I'm not sure whats up at the shop but no one has answered the phone or returned any of my calls this week. Thanks
Doug Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #231
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

number sent doug
ohiofordfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #232
Tech Apprentice

Thanks
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #233
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Go Fast IS great for 1/10th but it ALSO is GREAT for 1/8th and the new track is supposed to be set up even better for BOTH classes with an optional 35' triple! Can't wait to see it/run on it! One of if not THE best facilities I have EVER raced at! Props!
www.casterracingusa.com
www.dtrperformance.com
DTRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #234
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
Probaly the best track around this area since good ole RC Buggy World !!

See ya there.
I know the owner of RC buggy world was ill but how long was the place open?
We lived out on the west coast and RC was very popular out there and every town just about had a track, but we assumed it was just a west coast thing so we were amazed when we visited relatives in Cincinnati to find RC buggy world. I was just a kid and I canít seem to remember what it looked like inside except for a restaurant or a bar perhaps and a ton of people. It would be really neat if someone had a picture.
(1986 Kyosho Turbo Optima)
babydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #235
Tech Apprentice

RC Buggy World in MT. Healthy was a bowling alley. They were open at least a year and a half. That was the first place I ever raced with my Tamiya Black Foot!!! Man those were the days. I bleive the owner's name was Vince and it closed shortly after his passing on. My memory was very fuzzy/numb back then and thats all I remember.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #236
Tech Adept

Yep, near as i can remember RC Buggy World opened in late 85. Vic (Italian name) dam i cant remember his last name, anyway Vic and his son Steve were the original owners. He ran the place till like 87, he died of a massive heart attack suddenly. After that his wife Fawn kept the place open until like 89 ish, maybe a year later but right in the time frame.

If Vic hadnt died, that place would still be rock in. He didn't race but loved the game and he had the best promoting skills with people etc.

40x80 or so off road, and the had a carpet oval for along time, and ran 1/12th scale in the infield. We used to get 100 plus in there on Friday nights and race till 3 in the morning.

The place was located well, a bar next door, a pizza joint on the side of the street. Plus the inside was done up well, planned right. Doug is correct it was a bowling alley, i think a 20 lane, maybe 30 size.

Those were the days, probably just nostalgia but i loved racing there.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #237
Tech Adept

Great track out at Go Fast, neat layout with a cross over. Large jumps that jump real well, and nice down sides.

The new Hobby shop layout is nice, along with the pits.

So come check it out, next saturday at noon !
Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #238
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Who missed the 8th scale lipo incident Saturday. The 4 cell’s are quit entertaining and pretty loud. I’m not sure who it was but I know what they are going through from experience
(1986 Kyosho Turbo Optima)
babydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #239
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Enjoyed my first visit to go fast. Great jumps. Loved the size.
CarFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #240
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Friday

Anyone Know if they will be racing Friday nights anymore or possibly open for Practice on Fridays. It would be great to be able to get some test and tune on Friday night before Saturdays race day?

Vic Valentino was the name of the owner of RC buggy world.
What a great Place and many Many hours spent there building the tracks and racing with some great People.

The memorial race In honor of Vic, I remember, Was Wall to wall people and about 150 entries and not leaving there until about 4:00am. But I would do it all again!! God Rest his Sole! Thanks Vic for Feeding my addiction at such a young age I was 12
SMZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote