R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 08-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #16
Tech Adept

There is no hope that the Ceaser will lease out the old track to anyone anymore. The board has voted to level it off and extend the parking lot. To the guy that wants to open the track in Osterburg, I have over 1,000 foot of black drain pipe and stakes that I will donate to a track start up. Approximately $600.00 of materials. There are about 10-15 of us that will come and race at your track just about every weekend. Most of our track issues were lack of intrest from the land owners. If you have land and are willing and a racer, you will have backing. We have three or four guys that will come to build. PM me your number so we can talk.
TEAM NUMNUTZ DRIVER #42
Losi Rockstar XXX 2x4 SCT
Himoto Racing 1/8 Vega 8 Buggy built for punishment well hope so!! LOL!!
Himoto Racing 1/8 RXT-1 .28 8 port modded motor (under construction)
Mugen Seiki 1/8 MBX6 (secret electronics, hahahaha)
HimotoRicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cougarcruisin

Wow! That donation is spectacular.

I'm too far away to help, but if this track does come reality, its the closest to me and I will surely make it there at least couple times a month to race and I'll bring a few friends to race too.

Good Luck
cougarcruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just to give you another estimate. If the track is just for fun and not hard core racing, you probably will not need a lap counting system. The AMB systems and software brand new without the computer are $3500 to $4200. Take in costs for good dirt, water capabilities, power for charging, rental equipment for building and maintaining, etc. The biggest thing you need is manpower help. Without a good team of locals to come out together once a week to help build and maintain, don't even try to tackle it on your own. Also, you will never make money off of the track. Trust me, I help out at two other tracks and I can vouch we should be glad the owners provide them to us to race on. Sorry, I am two hours away and I am tied to two others ventures already. Although, I do travel for the racing, so if it ever comes through, you can expect to see myself and my sons sometime.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #19
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to dalmat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimotoRicer View Post
There is no hope that the Ceaser will lease out the old track to anyone anymore. The board has voted to level it off and extend the parking lot. To the guy that wants to open the track in Osterburg, I have over 1,000 foot of black drain pipe and stakes that I will donate to a track start up. Approximately $600.00 of materials. There are about 10-15 of us that will come and race at your track just about every weekend. Most of our track issues were lack of intrest from the land owners. If you have land and are willing and a racer, you will have backing. We have three or four guys that will come to build. PM me your number so we can talk.
Thank you for the response to my post. I look forward talking. I believe 10-15 people per weekend would be enough racers to get a club started. What I have right now is land to build a track. If you can help me find people to help build and run the track on raceday then the development of a track may be possible.
dalmat36 is offline   Reply With Quote