Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!! >

Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!!

Hey Guys/Gals

Big news on the EastCoast teaming up with GPNY (NY's premier indoor high speed go karting track, we have been given the ok to start the design phase of a new indoor on-road electric track!

(mods if your reading this can we please make a New York RC scene specific thread?!)

All the details and up to the minute news coming soon! Any NY/CT/NJ/ or five borough RCers looking for a premier spot to run your car stay tuned!!! This is our chance to get on the map and expand the hobby big time!

Stay Tuned!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Exciting news =)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

more info please...
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Initiate

In two weeks or less we should have more information for everyone! The good news is it will be indoors! We also have a live Facebook group going as well if you want join "Westchester RCs" My partner should be posting the direct link in a few -
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Westchester RC's

Thank you for the interest for more info please join our facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/groups/188227731237338/?ap=1
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Is this going to be an indoor asphalt or carpet track? Also checked out the Facebook link and it refered to 'drifting'. Is the going to be a legit on road race facility? I have nothing againt drifters, but would like to clear things up. Thank you.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Jamie,

Thanks for checking us out! We have many things going on right now so our apologies if you or any other members are confused. Our FB page started out as a locals meet up page for drifters, so that too is being updated -

As for the track we are still in the design phase and will hopefully know more after Monday - we would like to have both aspects if we can, legit on-road course with drifting but its still in negotiations - either way it will be a first here in lower NY as we are trying to take everyones likes in the hobby into consideration to create the ultimate track -

Check back with either page for updates starting next week!
Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

awesome!

Its getting expensive to hang out with the Brooklyn/Jersey guys at their tracks!

cant wait!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftKingNy
Jamie,

Thanks for checking us out! We have many things going on right now so our apologies if you or any other members are confused. Our FB page started out as a locals meet up page for drifters, so that too is being updated -

As for the track we are still in the design phase and will hopefully know more after Monday - we would like to have both aspects if we can, legit on-road course with drifting but its still in negotiations - either way it will be a first here in lower NY as we are trying to take everyones likes in the hobby into consideration to create the ultimate track -

Check back with either page for updates starting next week!
Thanks again!
Thank you for the reply.
As an experienced racer in both on road nitro and electric and someone who has worked in a few different aspects of the industry I would offer my 0.02 cents.
I do see drifting as a growing trend and am enthused to see any growth in this hobby. The fact is, on road racing will attract 40+ race entries on average multiple times weekly. The closest road coarse indoor tracks are 2 hours north or 2 hours south of the city.
I will wait for news like everyone else. Thank you.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Indoor on-road racing in lower westchester?!?!?! I'm deff in and will be buying all my equipment for electric on-road racing if this actually happens close to me. I know atleast 20 people who either have equipment or are willing to deff buy new equipment to race indoors locally. Kudos to you if you make this a reality, local to so many NYC racers...
Old 07-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,

I'm excited to see the response from everyone taking off! Once we get up and running we are hoping to also have a store as well with only the best parts and supplies but we need everyone's support before that will happen!

Our plan will be a FREE test night once we get the track open for those who want to attend and try things out, it will be a great way to meet everyone, and gauge interest and opinions on the layout, etc. from there the sky is the limit - I plan on being an active part of the forums so no need to worry this thread will go stagnant (as i am just as much obsessed with this hobby as the rest! )

PS-as a side note on my own car I have a OFNA JL10e I just picked up and have been doing some road course practicing as well as some drifting with the purchase of some new T-Drift tires - needless to say my parking lot is eating away my tires already and they are less the 24hrs old, but either way its very addicting stuff! The car is a work in progress and you can see some pics up on the FB group
Old 07-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Smile

I am excited to run touring car locally
Old 07-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Track

The track is mainly going to be electric brushed or brushless we will categorized the brushed and the brushless in different classes, I am very excited on all the response and support everyone is giving. In due time this will be the best in door racing track in the east coast! Were also planning on getting an RC transponder system when the competition begins. We hope that within the next week or 2 we can finalize the track layout as the track will be carpet. We will also have special nights like drift night so that both the on road racers and drifters can enjoy this great track. So everyone interested get your cars ready and lets have some fun!

Last edited by kuyamark; 07-30-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Initiate

**Update**

As soon as information is presented to my partner and I it will be posted for you guys! We are also in the process of working on a flyer for the first test night as we are calling it right now - to get a sense of how everyone takes to the track -

Stay tuned!

Last edited by DriftKingNy; 08-03-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default awesome news!!

I have been away from racing for about 1.5 years--I used to make the trek down to the "old" Long Island Raceway (Farmingdale) twice a week--wouldn't get home after Friday night racing till 4:30-5:00 am sometimes!! The trip (price of gas, stress, bridges) got to be too much and I have been away from RC. I stopped going to 8th scale races as well around that time. I recently got the urge to get back into rc and into on-road (tc or Tamiya mini m03/m05) and I just happened upon this thread.

I am in Armonk (10 min north of White Plains) but anywhere in Westchester is awesome IMO. Whereabouts do you guys plan to locate this track?
I seriously hope this happens because RC isn't the same without racing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.