Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mini RC Racing, Reading PA!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We are racing on April 22nd... 10am - 5pmish? Qualifying will start by noon, Mains will start around 3pm.

Not exactly sure if we are continuing with ISRL or gearing more towards the PN World Cup classes... it's currently up to a group vote.

I have loaner RTRs, so if you're local and feel like stopping by for some free, real on-road racing... we're always here and always looking for racers!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

We will be running on May the 11th (a Friday night) next month. I'm gonna say start at 5pm and run until whenever?

We are switching up our F1s back to 70turns but keeping the LM Class at 50turn. Stock Racer is still 70 turn.

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 04-26-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: May... not June!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

=
Old 05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

-
Old 05-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default Racing June 24th!

Ok, so since some of us will be attending the East Coast race at Maj's on the 9th of this month, I'm gonna push our date back to the 24th of June.

Right now we are running 70turn F1, 70turn Stock Racer and open motor for Mod class.

Once again, if anyone local wants to join us for the best on-road racing in the area, all you gotta do is show up! PM me for information.

We will be running the 8th semi-annual BTE for HFAY, so if anyone want to see how good they really are at RC on-road racing... come join us and RACE THE WORLD! Think I'm kidding?, check the link!

https://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/157

Here's the results for the previous BTE:

https://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/7

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 06-12-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Great raceday at Maj's in NJ! Here's some videos from the event:

50T GT A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT9u-HsgQM4

That was the man himself... Dave Grabowski throwing down some brilliant driving to take the A Main in 50 turn. Jonathan gave him a real run for his money but the last few turns sorted it out!

F1 A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_3LTzQ-KE

Yes, that was Larry and me dominating F1 class! Once he got away from me, I just couldn't reel him back in! No problem, it was a fun 2nd place finish for me! (I'll get him next time!)

70T GT A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb96TXgxiwM

I won 70 turn! It's been a while but practice and excellent tuning got my car super-smooth for the A-main, I wasn't the fastest out there... but I just tried to stay clean. Last time I drive a black car at an event... you can barely see it on the video.

So, we're still on for the 24th of June back here at the home track! Hope to see you there!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Raceday July 15th in Reading PA...

Sorry for the short notice but this is the day that should work for most. The new layout takes a bit of getting used to but it is probably the fastest layout I've had down there in a long while!

Open up at 10am, run til 5pm or whenever.

As always, if you need directions or want more information, PM me on this site!

If someone is local and wants to be a dedicated racer with us, I've got a hell of a deal on all my AM Mini-Z gear for you! We're always looking for on-road racers and if you want to see what this scale is all about, this is the place to do it!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default Raceday, August 26th in Reading PA!

Minor tweaks to the new, faster layout... just a bit faster now!

Open up at 10am, run til 5pm or whenever.

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 01-07-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Raceday, September 16th in Reading PA!

Sorry for the short notice, but the racing is going down this Sunday!

We'll open up at 10am, run til 5pm or whenever.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Raceday, October 28th in Reading PA!

Expecting a good turnout for this one but we always have room for more! If you're from the Reading area and want to get some On-Road action, this is the place to do it... plus it's 100% free! (try finding that anywhere these days!) We just love to race!

We'll open up at 10am, run til 5pm or whenever.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Raceday November 25th in Reading PA...

We'll be at it once again the Sunday after Thanksgiving! Expecting some serious racing this time around because I think everybody is as tuned out as they could be!

Once again... if you're in the area and want to get in on some awesome on-road racing for no charge whatsoever, alls you gotta do is let shoot me a PM here!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default Raceday December 30th in Reading PA...

We will be having a Friday night tune session on the 14th of this month so we can get our cars straight for the HowFastAreYou Big Track Event (HFAY BTE9)on the 30th. The layout has been put down for this event so if you come on the 14th you'll be able to get some good track time in.

We are only running Racer 70turn and F1 70turn classes, no Mod Class this time around. The events are still 10 minute mains so make sure your cars are able to do it!

Here is the layout, we've run this before for BTE2:
Attached Thumbnails Mini RC Racing, Reading PA!-bte-2.jpg  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

How many guys have you been having? It's a shame your not closer or we would bring about 8 guys over.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

We have a consistent 5 racers on the track, 6 racers this last weekend but there are like 3 or 4 floaters out there who pop in occasionally. Our goal is 8 regulars so we can at least get to an A-B main scenario. F1 is fun with 6 on the track at once, but it's much faster times for 4 at a time.

Ohio... 4-6 hour drive? I've been as far as Connecticuit down to South Carolina to race these cars and it's always been worth it! NYC is always a good trip too. We're a small community of MiniZ addicts but it's almost like meeting up with extended family when we go to these events.

If you've got the track, run the BTE9 with us... you can race us without driving here!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

According to yahoo its 7 hours over to you guys. We have the track we have about ten wide L's plus blanks and 45's and the wide turns.I will see if they want to try that we have talked about it in the past. The other issue is to make sure we have the room in the basement for the layouts. We rent the local community building a few times a year and have big layouts. We have ten guys with cars plus a couple of guys that run our spares but a normal race we get about seven to show but the big layouts everyone comes to those.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.