R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hughesville Maryland Offroad Track Tina's Trains and Hobbies

Did anybody race on there yesterday Saturday the 28th, wasnt able to make it but I gearing up to get a 4x4 Traxxas Slash and start doin some racing there. Met a bunch of cool people and had a good time getting to know everybody there.
trixter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

There is a track in hughesville MD ? What is the address and is it 1/8 off road ?
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:39 AM   #3

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

no please say its 10 scale! u have enuff 1/8 hangouts kash!! 60mi south of me all highway. hmm, no please dont say its 10 scale cuz i just sold all my stuff

never knew bout it, i found the website and where it is on the map.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:42 AM   #4

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

They run 10 scale HAHAHA kash!!!

They run 10 scale WHYWHYWHYWHY i just sold my stuff b/c there was no racing around poop!

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #5
Tech Master

Yea its 10th scale electric. The track is dirt offroad and the measurements are 100' by 40'. Its a little bit bigger than what the Dougs Hobby shop onroad track was in Waldorf. There is a hobbyshop on site too. They also sell food and drinks there. These days with the Brandywine track being closed down Im glad this track has come to life as alot of other tracks and hobby shops has closed down due to the economy. I have tons of onroad gear but with the track being less than 10 mins from my house guess Im gonna become a offroad guy again. Driving 2 hours to go race somewhere gets old especially if your gear breaks that far away from home. They are talking about building another track there too as well. Its located behind the Red Bargain Barn in Hughesville Maryland heading towards St. Marys county. The number to the hobby shop is 301-481-6261.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

what classes are being run there? What is the biggest class? What do you sell at the hobby shop? Im a 1/8 guy but would look at getting some 1/10 stuff since its only 15 miles from me. Advertise this track more please!!! I heard something about it, but that it was just for bashing not racing!!! Lets get this track on the map. Would be a huge plus to post some pics of the track
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #7
Tech Master

Im not the owner I just stopped by last week and found out about this place. I was hoping to spread the word so we could get a bunch of people out there and have some fun. I dont know about all the spec classes as they have a few but I do know that they push alot of Traxxas stuff there and associated stuff. Im hoping that this place as close as it is to my house will be the new hot spot in the future.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

+1 its really close to me as well. Any chance they may do 1/8 sometime? Would be awesome for turn out if they did
Old 05-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
Tech Master

I think u can run 1/8 scale there its just not that big of a track to fully unwind all the power that 1/8 scales have but who knows if enough people want to do it then they might do somethin
Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
Tech Master

KC here is what I found and I think Rick has ben there before. This info is from there website http://www.tinastrainsandhobbies.com/index.html

Welcome to Tina's Trains & Hobbies.
We specialize in HO and N scale Model Trains and Accessories, R/C Cars, Boats and Planes, Dollhouses and Miniatures, Wooden and Plastic Models, Slot Cars, Rockets, Nylon Kites and more. We are now an official B.S.A. PINEWOOD DERBY dealer and have a full line in stock!

We also have a 100' x 40' Dirt off road R/C Race Track with a rock crawl area. And new for 2011 we have an AMB R/C lap counting system. Races are held every Saturday weather permitting.

On this site you will be able to link with our distributors to view a complete line of available products.

The store is located in the Hughesville Bargain Barn on the old route 5 just south of All American Harley Davidson at 8275 Old Leonardtown Road Hughesville, Maryland 20637. We are now located in the rear of the red barn near the race track. You can enter at the rear

We are now running timed races for 1/10 scale cars every Saturday, weather permitting. First race will start @ 10:00 am. There will be 3 heat races for each class then an A-Main for each class. Races will be aprox. 20 min. apart.There are two classes that we are running, 4x4 electric ( Short course truck) and 2wd Mod
Landscaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Hey I race there every weekend. Right now we have alot of short course 4X4and stadium trucks going. We are trying to get the word out about the track. I know there are alot of people around here that used to race at Doug's Hobby Shop in Waldorf that probably still have there stuff. Fast 1/10 scale track with AMB timing system. The owners are looking to expand the track in the fall. They have pics of the track on their website. I have attached a few pics of us racing as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Hughesville Maryland Offroad Track Tina's Trains and Hobbies-p5300149.jpg   Hughesville Maryland Offroad Track Tina's Trains and Hobbies-p4240196.jpg   Hughesville Maryland Offroad Track Tina's Trains and Hobbies-p4240201.jpg  
HomeMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltegraSTI View Post
They run 10 scale HAHAHA kash!!!

They run 10 scale WHYWHYWHYWHY i just sold my stuff b/c there was no racing around poop!

R
That looks like your kinda track bra, I am gonna pass on this one , we do have a good amount of 1/8 scale tracks in the region. Had no idea the Jersey tracks were included, just found that out today from Steve.
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Great Weekend!!!

Hey Thanks everyone for a great turnout last weekend!! Had a good day of racing on Saturday. Sunday was a great turnout to with lots of cars from 1/8 scale to 1/16 scale nitro and electric and everything in between.We will have charcoal and a grill on site if anybody wants to bring hot dogs and or hamburger to cook. Hope for a good turnout this weekend also!! Thanks again for our patrons continued support. From TINA of Tinas traina & Hobbies.
tinastrains&hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

38 minutes from my house, that is what I am talking about. I will DEFINITELY be there this summer. I've been wanted to race dirt close to home. From the pictures it looks like loose dirt, is this the normal condition or is it mostly packed clay?

Is the 1/10 Buggy class big or is it just SC trucks so far?
Sweet, i'm stoked.
Hobbypartz.com - Director of Sponsored Drivers
'01 Dodge Cummins 2500 built trans, 35" tires, Superchip, 5 inch exhaust
Grand National is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand National View Post
38 minutes from my house, that is what I am talking about. I will DEFINITELY be there this summer. I've been wanted to race dirt close to home. From the pictures it looks like loose dirt, is this the normal condition or is it mostly packed clay?

Is the 1/10 Buggy class big or is it just SC trucks so far?
Sweet, i'm stoked.
Its mostly loose dirt not so much hard clay. Were looking for more racers so if your interested come on down.