R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 160
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default McColloughs R/C Raceway,Sarver Pa 2011 Outdoor Schedule

http://www.mcculloughsrcracing.com/schedule.htm
Sgt Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
DirtRacer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pa
Posts: 514
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Is there any pictures of the outdoor track? Does McColloughs run 2wd mod buggy and 17.5 Short Course?
__________________
AE FT SC5M W/LRP SXX TC Ver.2, LRP X12 8.5
AE FT T5M W/LRP SXX TC Ver.2, Orion VST Pro 7.5
Bumps & Jumps, G's R/C Raceway, Pit Stop Hobbies
DirtRacer68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
ChrisWolfson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRacer68 View Post
Is there any pictures of the outdoor track? Does McColloughs run 2wd mod buggy and 17.5 Short Course?
Here is a link with some pics of the outdoor track...

http://www.mcculloughsrcracing.com/current_track.htm

We run 2wd mod. Our short course class is stock (which is more like spec - not 17.5) and mod...

Here is a link to the forum thread that goes into our Stock Short Course rules... Read it through to the end in case they changed - I don't run it and haven't really followed it...

http://www.mcculloughsrcracing.com/f...?TID=2628&PN=1
__________________
TLR / Horizon Hobby / Spektrum / Tekin / JConcepts / MIP / B-Fast RC / UpGrade RC
ChrisWolfson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
DirtRacer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pa
Posts: 514
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson View Post
Here is a link with some pics of the outdoor track...

http://www.mcculloughsrcracing.com/current_track.htm

We run 2wd mod. Our short course class is stock (which is more like spec - not 17.5) and mod...

Here is a link to the forum thread that goes into our Stock Short Course rules... Read it through to the end in case they changed - I don't run it and haven't really followed it...

http://www.mcculloughsrcracing.com/f...?TID=2628&PN=1
Track looks great. How many entries do they draw on a weekly basis and do they expect on opening day? Also what tires work best so I'm prepared when I get there?
__________________
AE FT SC5M W/LRP SXX TC Ver.2, LRP X12 8.5
AE FT T5M W/LRP SXX TC Ver.2, Orion VST Pro 7.5
Bumps & Jumps, G's R/C Raceway, Pit Stop Hobbies
DirtRacer68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
carcrusher46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the 'burgh
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

It seems like entries have been up this year for indoor so I would hope that outdoor will be the same - right now we're around 7-9 races per week with 6-10 cars per race.

For 2wd buggy, I like the JConcepts Flip Outs (rear) and Panther Bobcats (front) when it's wet and Hole Shots when it's dry. I'd expect that your sidebite-based tires (BK Bars, Suburbs, Bar Codes, Beams) would work as well.

For short course, I can't really say since it's my first season running it outside, but I'd take a guess on the aforementioned side bite tires, Wishbones, and Megabites.

I'd count on a much bigger short course crowd rather than 2wd buggy.
__________________
Matt Stoltz
Thank you to my sponsors:
Team Associated - Reedy - JConcepts - Life Fast RC Paintworks
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrusher46 View Post
It seems like entries have been up this year for indoor so I would hope that outdoor will be the same - right now we're around 7-9 races per week with 6-10 cars per race.

For 2wd buggy, I like the JConcepts Flip Outs (rear) and Panther Bobcats (front) when it's wet and Hole Shots when it's dry. I'd expect that your sidebite-based tires (BK Bars, Suburbs, Bar Codes, Beams) would work as well.

For short course, I can't really say since it's my first season running it outside, but I'd take a guess on the aforementioned side bite tires, Wishbones, and Megabites.

I'd count on a much bigger short course crowd rather than 2wd buggy.
wow...track looks amazing...ill be there tomorrow to check out the indoor scene..
calling out all 4wd mod guys...bringing a friend with a 4wd that he wants to race.
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

If anyone is going by Somerset to Go and race here. Let me know I will tag alonge and help with gas.....


I hate to drive but dont worry about paying for gas and tolls.


PM me.


shawn
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:30 AM   #8
Tech Adept
 
rcscotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oak Ridge
Posts: 148
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default morning bump

I plan on making it out to somerset sometime during the outdoor season. We need to get a dedicated PA race forum like the other states do towards the bottom of main page.
rcscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscotty View Post
I plan on making it out to somerset sometime during the outdoor season. We need to get a dedicated PA race forum like the other states do towards the bottom of main page.
Thanks I look forward to you coming, but i was trying to hitch a ride to this track. It is always good to know all the tracks in you area and support them.

And having a dedicated forum section would be cool
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
Tech Adept
 
rcscotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oak Ridge
Posts: 148
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I wonder how we could go about getting one set up?
rcscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscotty View Post
I wonder how we could go about getting one set up?
send a email to the admin?
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:31 AM   #12
Tech Adept
 
rcscotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oak Ridge
Posts: 148
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Good idea, I posted something in the site thread about it. Haven't seen a response yet.
rcscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

I had a Great time today, Thanks Doug i will keep you updated. My number is 814-289-9619,I didnt see you when i left today.

And for all those that marshaled me ! thanks from the Hot pink Buggy.

I have to say it was somewhat crazy the first two battery packs. but after that I was very happy with my progress after so many years.
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team T2C View Post
I had a Great time today, Thanks Doug i will keep you updated. My number is 814-289-9619,I didnt see you when i left today.

And for all those that marshaled me ! thanks from the Hot pink Buggy.

I have to say it was somewhat crazy the first two battery packs. but after that I was very happy with my progress after so many years.
Speaking of that crazy hot pink buggy....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
Tyler Herwig
Tekno RC teknorc.com ∙ JConcepts jconcepts.net ∙ Spider Hobbies spiderhobbies.com ∙ SMC smc-racing.net ∙ Upgrade RC upgrade-rc.com ∙ Kustom RC Graphics kustomrcgraphics.com
T. Herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Herwig View Post
Speaking of that crazy hot pink buggy....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
WELLLLLLLLLLLL it didnt look to bad other then how you started it out!!!! LOL
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net