R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #46
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Weaver View Post
If you don't know anything about this then why are you telling everyone to shut up?

I will just come out and say this...once you realize 1/18 Scale and 1/5 Scale will not work on the same track, I will be more than glad to come and offer my advice.
cool thank you i will let u know when we r ready and the 1/18th and 1/5th are NOT ran on the same track
Adam SMYH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #47
Tech Apprentice

I dont feel that i need to justify myself to a BACKYARD BASHER with only 3 post to his name on RC Tech. But know this i have raced pioneers from Cliff Lett, Gill Losi Jr, Mark Pavedis , Brian Kinwald, Todd Hodge, Ken Martain Greg Hodapp, Adam Drake, Rick Howart, Scott Moodey and the list goes on not to mention the fast localal guys that are just as fast as the pros or faster. I have also raced at 3 ROAR NATIONALS and several Regoinal events and countless other Big Events, and i can promise you out of all pros and events that i just named i wasnt coming in last. Now i cleared that up with you lets get back to the point of help Adam put the best RC Track on the East Coast. As i said before adam can collect a board of experienced racers with at least 8 years of competition experience and pick there brain. They have raced enough events to give great advice. It is my expert opinion that what Adam is doing is way to much! OVER KILL!! And believe me i can speak for the majority. We want this track to be successful more then Adam cant you see by the commits on this thread. The majority rules. Really the guy that ran this last year had the same resources and pipe dreams and look at the results. We want Adam to do it right the first time. 2.2Berg SMACK YOURSELF and if you want to pull out a shovel and rake start with your yard. I support all areas of RC including bashing. That class is called SPORTSMEN
Old 04-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #48
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2berg View Post
Let me preface this by saying I am no where near an expert driver, racer, crawler, or anything. I have been reading this thread to see how the track is coming along. I have been ignoring the comments most are posting because they add zero value but I can not believe the amount of rudeness some of you have shown to a guy who is trying to bring you a track to run at in this area. I don't know Adam or any of you but since no one has said it let me ask all of you "experts" a few questions.

1 If you are all "expert" drivers why are you not out on the circuits NATIONALLY racing? Have I seen any of your names winning huge events in RC magazines? Maybe you are good in your little pool of drivers but not that good? Maybe you ARE that good. I don't know. But I DO know you don't need to be an expert driver to build a race track. Sure you need expert drivers to help with the layout but you don't need to be an expert to run one. All you need is the money and the man power. I am sure that like ANY OTHER BUSINESS VENTURE Adam is just the MANAGER. I am sure he has many other people helping him but obviously it is none of you. That brings me to my second question.

2 Where have ANY of you offered any advice other then "Do 1/8 scale only" or "You can't do that" or "This will never work"? Maybe instead of complaining that it isn't going to work give actual advice such as "you are going to need to use xxxx timers or you need a track crew of at least xxxx number of people. Or how about "hey Adam once you get the stuff started I'll come out and offer some tips because I have been to many tracks?" Only ONE guy one here actually offered to do that.

I don't know any of you and you may be absolutely right about everything you have said but I also know this. I for one am willing to help ANYONE who is trying to build a track just so I have somewhere to run. I don't know much about them but I can use a shovel and rake so... Adam I am available on weeknights and on Sundays. PM me if you need any help. I won't be back to this forum because if the "advice" you get is like the stuff you have been getting so far then it is not worth it.
[QUOTE=2.2berg;8897485](Let me preface this by saying I am no where near an expert driver, racer, crawler, or anything. I have been reading this thread to see how the track is coming along. I have been ignoring the comments most are posting because they add zero value) Just off of that statement alone you are talking to people above your pay grade as to this level of conversation. Just listen and learn. Some of these guys such as myself have THOUSANDS of dollars tied up in this hobby and its a fun way to relieve weekly 9 to 5 STRESS. Wait !! Well for some of us. But hey these are the politics of RC.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #49
Tech Rookie

OK I guess I hit a nerve and for that I apologize. It was not my intention at all. I am not trolling for kicks and for that matter have only known this forum existed for several days (which is why I don't have many posts).

I have to ask though what exactly I said that was insulting? Was it when I said (twice) that I don't know any of you? Was it when I said I don't know what your experience was? Or was it when I suggested that all of you with the experience could give better advice then "It won't work" and such? I know it is the internet an all but no one knows what a rhetorical question is?

I never asked anyone to justify themselves to me as was suggested. I never asked anyone to tell me what their qualifications are or what your accomplishments may be. I certainly NEVER told anyone to "shut up" as was suggested. As a matter of fact I believe I was suggesting EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. I think that those with the experience would be well served to give ideas and suggestions. "It won't work" is not a suggestion or advice without giving reasons as to why it won't.

I will bow out now. Good luck to you all in all your rc endeavour's. If a moderator comes by and see this just please delete my account.
2.2berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #50
Tech Apprentice

Huuuuuuummmmmm
Old 04-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

read between the lines...

Many of the posts are saying what should happen and Adam has not picked up on that or is not willing to take any of the posts serious...

I to have been in this hobby since the 80's and raced with many of the same racers as RickyBBad and will say that if Adam doesn't listen and take some comments serious, the track will not be successful...

There is a big difference between a hobby shop owner and a race track official...so I end with two comments...
1. ask questions
2. build it and they will come...

right now it is 1/8 scale and short course

C.R. Lovell
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #52
Tech Initiate

just wanted to let you guys know that i picked up the pulling sled today and i have a machine being delievered tmrw so if the wether is good this week i will be moving some dirt. once i get some pics ill post them so you can see what i have done
Old 04-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #53
Tech Rookie

Awesome track guys!!!! cant wait to check it out! I live in indiana pa and i will be there to race when its ready! If you need any help i'd be glad to lend a hand. I've been racing r/c cars for 17 years but have had to travel a good ways to race, i'm so glad there will be a track so close to home for once! is there any dates we can come try the track out yet?
jritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:16 AM   #54
Tech Initiate

now that the rain has decided to quit for a few days i wanted to let u guys know that the track should be done by the end of this week. i will have a schedule posted by the end of the week.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #55
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam SMYH View Post
now that the rain has decided to quit for a few days i wanted to let u guys know that the track should be done by the end of this week. i will have a schedule posted by the end of the week.
Good to hear Adam. Post up some pics when you get a chance. Lookin' forward to gettin' started.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:12 AM   #56
Tech Initiate

I will be having an open house for the off road course and the truck pulls on sat June 11 from 12:00 noon till ? There will be no charge for this, you will just have to sign a waiver form. Hope to see you there.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #57
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

roll call ... who's going to stop by??? I'll be there
wishmasstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #58
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'll be there with the E-scale and 1/8 scale.
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

I may be out. Any pictures of the layout?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #60
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I might be out to burn some nitro, the wife has got me on a short leash this weekend.

Will the AMB be active? What time you guys plan on getting started?