R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice
 
RickyBBad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 76
Default

I personally cant wait till it opens because i want to see what this RC Multiplex looks like. It will be the first of its kind in the world. Adam can you post some pictures to show us how far you have come along over last years track. Seriously i will be the first to say im sorry for doutting your vision and dream, But i know thats all it is just a DREAM. Heck ive been in the hobby so long ive forgot more then some racers know. Look its real simple without an group of experienced vets there is no freakin way you can pull this off. And it still would be difficult. Adam do your research Bro. Call and Go to some tracks and watch the tough work that goes on before and through out the race. And you have to do a good job sweeping, patching and watering in a respectable amount of time like Ten minute or less. People dont want to be standing around waiting all day. They want to race! Maintaining a track between the races is like a NASSCAR pit crew (FAST)!!!! Its no joke and thats with 1/10 scale. if you want to be a one man maintenance crew ya better be running on CARPET!
__________________
AE ROCK STAR
RickyBBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:36 AM   #32
Tech Addict
 
revoluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 547
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I wish ya the best of luck with the track,but in my opinion,running this track and up keep seems like it will be tricky!!!!!!!.I still hope everything works out for you.The world needs more R/C Tracks!!!!!
__________________
"A bad day with R/C is better than a good day without it"
Team Academy GV2 PRO
Losi Xcelorin 6400
Spectrum!!!
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #33
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: western pa
Posts: 189
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Alright, I have to ask some questions. Adam, how old are you? How long have you been in RC? Have you ever raced before? Do you work a full time job outside of the all the track maintenance that you will be doing or are you just fortunately rich?
I think he's going to be graduating high school this year
wishmasstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #34
Tech Apprentice
 
RickyBBad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishmasstir View Post
I think he's going to be graduating high school this year
From my understanding he runs a hobby shop that basically sale Traxas which basically explain the 1/5 scale. He have a great opportunity set up a nice track at Raceway Park fully sponsored by Raceway Park. if Im wrong Adam correct me. I dont know you personally but i know people who know you. Your a hobby shop owner that sale Traxas not a racer as ive been told. If you have a highly recognized racer like Rob Martin with at least 15 years in the hobby tell you good advice and offer support and you refuse to listen for whatever reason you have a major problem. Can i ask a Question Adam where have you ever raced before. What National or Regional Event have you ever attended. Heck how about a local track? Ive done it all
__________________
AE ROCK STAR
RickyBBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #35
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBBad View Post
From my understanding he runs a hobby shop that basically sale Traxas which basically explain the 1/5 scale. He have a great opportunity set up a nice track at Raceway Park fully sponsored by Raceway Park. if Im wrong Adam correct me. I dont know you personally but i know people who know you. Your a hobby shop owner that sale Traxas not a racer as ive been told. If you have a highly recognized racer like Rob Martin with at least 15 years in the hobby tell you good advice and offer support and you refuse to listen for whatever reason you have a major problem. Can i ask a Question Adam where have you ever raced before. What National or Regional Event have you ever attended. Heck how about a local track? Ive done it all
Let me preface this by saying I am no where near an expert driver, racer, crawler, or anything. I have been reading this thread to see how the track is coming along. I have been ignoring the comments most are posting because they add zero value but I can not believe the amount of rudeness some of you have shown to a guy who is trying to bring you a track to run at in this area. I don't know Adam or any of you but since no one has said it let me ask all of you "experts" a few questions.

1 If you are all "expert" drivers why are you not out on the circuits NATIONALLY racing? Have I seen any of your names winning huge events in RC magazines? Maybe you are good in your little pool of drivers but not that good? Maybe you ARE that good. I don't know. But I DO know you don't need to be an expert driver to build a race track. Sure you need expert drivers to help with the layout but you don't need to be an expert to run one. All you need is the money and the man power. I am sure that like ANY OTHER BUSINESS VENTURE Adam is just the MANAGER. I am sure he has many other people helping him but obviously it is none of you. That brings me to my second question.

2 Where have ANY of you offered any advice other then "Do 1/8 scale only" or "You can't do that" or "This will never work"? Maybe instead of complaining that it isn't going to work give actual advice such as "you are going to need to use xxxx timers or you need a track crew of at least xxxx number of people. Or how about "hey Adam once you get the stuff started I'll come out and offer some tips because I have been to many tracks?" Only ONE guy one here actually offered to do that.

I don't know any of you and you may be absolutely right about everything you have said but I also know this. I for one am willing to help ANYONE who is trying to build a track just so I have somewhere to run. I don't know much about them but I can use a shovel and rake so... Adam I am available on weeknights and on Sundays. PM me if you need any help. I won't be back to this forum because if the "advice" you get is like the stuff you have been getting so far then it is not worth it.
2.2berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #36
Tech Elite
 
rob martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pittsburgh pa
Posts: 2,452
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rob martin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2berg View Post
Let me preface this by saying I am no where near an expert driver, racer, crawler, or anything. I have been reading this thread to see how the track is coming along. I have been ignoring the comments most are posting because they add zero value but I can not believe the amount of rudeness some of you have shown to a guy who is trying to bring you a track to run at in this area. I don't know Adam or any of you but since no one has said it let me ask all of you "experts" a few questions.

1 If you are all "expert" drivers why are you not out on the circuits NATIONALLY racing? Have I seen any of your names winning huge events in RC magazines? Maybe you are good in your little pool of drivers but not that good? Maybe you ARE that good. I don't know. But I DO know you don't need to be an expert driver to build a race track. Sure you need expert drivers to help with the layout but you don't need to be an expert to run one. All you need is the money and the man power. I am sure that like ANY OTHER BUSINESS VENTURE Adam is just the MANAGER. I am sure he has many other people helping him but obviously it is none of you. That brings me to my second question.

2 Where have ANY of you offered any advice other then "Do 1/8 scale only" or "You can't do that" or "This will never work"? Maybe instead of complaining that it isn't going to work give actual advice such as "you are going to need to use xxxx timers or you need a track crew of at least xxxx number of people. Or how about "hey Adam once you get the stuff started I'll come out and offer some tips because I have been to many tracks?" Only ONE guy one here actually offered to do that.

I don't know any of you and you may be absolutely right about everything you have said but I also know this. I for one am willing to help ANYONE who is trying to build a track just so I have somewhere to run. I don't know much about them but I can use a shovel and rake so... Adam I am available on weeknights and on Sundays. PM me if you need any help. I won't be back to this forum because if the "advice" you get is like the stuff you have been getting so far then it is not worth it.


It has nothing to do with being brian kinwald or being in a magazine. You obviously are missing the point and no nothing also if u agree with running a 1/5th scale on the same track as a 1/10th. Basically everything u just typed is a waste also if u think that what i just said is ok. Considering i know atleast 99% of the racers in this area i think i can speak for myself and also some others. You've no clue how many people ive personally spoke to that would come out but wont for the reasons that ive been expressing in this thread... Trust me im not the only person that feels this way. I may just be one of the few that we'll actually speak the truth rather than saying " Oh dont worry give it time it'll grow attitude"" Im not just speaking to waste my time and trying to bring the guy down!! If i felt like things were being done in a somewhat normal manner i would've no problem helping out but y waste my time..Obviously just like adam you've no clue what racers want either. If you want to be a dreamer and a pioneer by making this post to by all means go out there and waste your time digging. Oh yea i was in Car action before
__________________
Rob Martin~

~Ridgeway bodies~B-Fast Performance Diffs~Flying Farmer Traction Sauce

Last edited by rob martin; 04-01-2011 at 09:08 AM.
rob martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #37
Tech Elite
 
rob martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pittsburgh pa
Posts: 2,452
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rob martin
Default

Another thing. There are other new tracks in the area(the 2 near altoona and 1 in somerset) on the track locator forums.. If you notice those tracks have nothing but positive responses and a good attitude about the advancement of there tracks. I wonder y I bet there not racing 1/5ths with 1/18ths on the same track by moving pipes and think that track maintenance will make it ok etc.
__________________
Rob Martin~

~Ridgeway bodies~B-Fast Performance Diffs~Flying Farmer Traction Sauce

Last edited by rob martin; 04-01-2011 at 09:07 AM.
rob martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #38
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

22Berg, You said in your post that you are willing to pick up a shovel and help out so you have a place to race which is great.

Do you also consider insulting people who have questions about this track also 'helping' the owner?
__________________
Ed Toth

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #39
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
22Berg, You said in your post that you are willing to pick up a shovel and help out so you have a place to race which is great.

Do you also consider insulting people who have questions about this track also 'helping' the owner?
My intention was not to insult anyone and I don't believe I said anything insulting anyway. I said I don't know any of the people or their skill level. I said they may be as good as they say they are or not as I have no way to prove otherwise. My post was intended to point out that no one is offering any good suggestions or ideas. They are criticizing a track that is not even open or built yet.

I don't care about what people in a forum think of me or what I know. I just don't think it is necessary to put something down before it is actually in operation. How do you know that after a few test runs the owners plans don't change and they just build more tracks? I have been out there when it was Keystone Raceway and I know they have a lot of property to work with.

RobMartin. You are correct. If you reread my post you will see that I started by saying I was not an expert at ANYTHING RC. I DON"T know what racers want. I DON"T know how a track needs to be run. I DON"T know much about this track but I DO know that I would like somewhere to run. Even if it is a "Basher Paradise" it will still make me happy because in the end that is all I am anyway. I don't consider it a waste of time to help build something that I can use. By the way YOU were the one person I was talking about when I said about one guy offering to help. Just so you know.
2.2berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #40
Tech Adept
 
rcscotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oak Ridge
Posts: 148
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Wow...this is good reading right here.
rcscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #41
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

2.2Berg I'm not sure I know you, but you need to realize that not everyone is going to jump on board. May I suggest you try to not be so sensitive towards critisism. Try a little humor instead, ask for patience, give us some information on how the owner is planning to get it done. True, Some of the guys took jabs. So what? You need thick skin to run a track.

But telling the 'naysayers' that they are, for a lack of a better term, a bunch of divas, is not going to make them or me, want to come to your track.

I'm not unwilling to give Pittsburgh Raceway a chance, but the concerns expressed here are legitimate. I read that the owner has tremendous resources but then I read he's soliciting help. And now you admit that you would prefer it to turn into a basher's paradise. Well, you dont need my help to do that!

My only interest is racing at the best tracks and against best drivers I can find within a reasonable drive from where I live. I think Pittsburgh Race could be a place like that, but, with all this talk of 1/18 and 1/5 and crawling and truck pulls, ovals and cross overs, I dont know. I dont know how someone can do something like that unless he has 15-20 or more people already signed on to help.
__________________
Ed Toth

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #42
Tech Regular
 
gdux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2berg View Post
My intention was not to insult anyone and I don't believe I said anything insulting anyway. I said I don't know any of the people or their skill level. I said they may be as good as they say they are or not as I have no way to prove otherwise. My post was intended to point out that no one is offering any good suggestions or ideas. They are criticizing a track that is not even open or built yet.

I don't care about what people in a forum think of me or what I know. I just don't think it is necessary to put something down before it is actually in operation. How do you know that after a few test runs the owners plans don't change and they just build more tracks? I have been out there when it was Keystone Raceway and I know they have a lot of property to work with.

RobMartin. You are correct. If you reread my post you will see that I started by saying I was not an expert at ANYTHING RC. I DON"T know what racers want. I DON"T know how a track needs to be run. I DON"T know much about this track but I DO know that I would like somewhere to run. Even if it is a "Basher Paradise" it will still make me happy because in the end that is all I am anyway. I don't consider it a waste of time to help build something that I can use. By the way YOU were the one person I was talking about when I said about one guy offering to help. Just so you know.
Dude, what rock did you crawl out from under? It appears your only intention here, was to ruffle already flying feathers... There are several not just expert... but Industry Endorsed racers that have come on here and offered insight into the demands/expectations of Serious Racers and the tracks we race on... only to be told by Adam basically, "that's nice wait to you see the *monstrosity* I am putting together".

Resources are obviously there, as is a genuine interest by us the Racers. Between just the guys that have posted here, you're looking at probably 50-75 years of combined rc expierence. That should not be taken lightly, as I do know most of these guys and their opinions/ suggestions are valued with great credibility!!!

So Troll on!!!






__________________
Gary Duxbury:
MUGEN SEIKI RACING / NOVAROSSI USA / AKA / M2C RACING / TKO / LUCKY 7 RC / VP RACING FUELS / PTRC RACING OILS /
PAINTMONSTER AIRBRUSHING.COM / UPGRADE RC
gdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #43
Tech Regular
 
Pete Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Murrysville, PA
Posts: 271
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Adam, do you mind if I ask how much input the Tedesco family has on this? Are they going to be hands on in this or just letting your group handle the RC park? The reason I ask is I remember how well they ran South Park BMX and the sanction body NBL BMX years ago. It was a class act. I'm sure they can take that experience and turn it in to something great here! I wish you guys well in this endeavour.
__________________
In search of a faster transponder.
Pete Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #44
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Vitale View Post
Adam, do you mind if I ask how much input the Tedesco family has on this? Are they going to be hands on in this or just letting your group handle the RC park? The reason I ask is I remember how well they ran South Park BMX and the sanction body NBL BMX years ago. It was a class act. I'm sure they can take that experience and turn it in to something great here! I wish you guys well in this endeavour.
yes they do because its their property. myself and bob discuss everything that is being done. i will be more hands on but they still have the say so. thank you.
Adam SMYH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #45
Tech Addict
 
CJ Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 611
Send a message via AIM to CJ Weaver
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2berg View Post
RobMartin. You are correct. If you reread my post you will see that I started by saying I was not an expert at ANYTHING RC. I DON"T know what racers want. I DON"T know how a track needs to be run. I DON"T know much about this track but I DO know that I would like somewhere to run. Even if it is a "Basher Paradise" it will still make me happy because in the end that is all I am anyway. I don't consider it a waste of time to help build something that I can use. By the way YOU were the one person I was talking about when I said about one guy offering to help. Just so you know.
If you don't know anything about this then why are you telling everyone to shut up?

I will just come out and say this...once you realize 1/18 Scale and 1/5 Scale will not work on the same track, I will be more than glad to come and offer my advice.
__________________
RCAmerica | Team Xray | Hudy | JConcepts | Kal-Gard | KO Propo
Novarossi | Fine Line Design | ProTek RC | Byron Fuels | Team Tekin
Vinyl Graphics Unlimited | A-Main Hobbies | A-B Charles Hobby Shop
CJ Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
On-Road Racing at The Raceway - Beaver, PA McSmooth Mid Atlantic RC Racing 664 10-07-2016 08:23 PM
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin Ostach24 Track Locator Forum 1518 12-18-2014 06:23 AM
NEW TRACK AT PITTSBURGH RACEWAY PARK IN NEW ALEXANDRIA PA BIG HOP Track Locator Forum 139 04-16-2012 05:16 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:12 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net