R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NEW MEGA TRACK IN HARRISBURG?

I was wondering if any one has any info on the new indoor facility openening in Harrisburg? Suppose to be huge with both oval and offroad racing as well as a full blown hobby shop! I cant wait to see it!
HotRod Hobbies is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Tech Addict
 
Jason Haas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mechanicsburg
Posts: 671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies View Post
I was wondering if any one has any info on the new indoor facility openening in Harrisburg? Suppose to be huge with both oval and offroad racing as well as a full blown hobby shop! I cant wait to see it!
I think you mean Bumps and Jumps Rc raceway?!?!
__________________
Bumps & Jumps/ LCRC/ and Big thanks to Joe
Jason Haas is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

No, its new, hasnt opened yet. It will have real dirt lol Suppose to be awesome. Im looking forward to see it. might just be worth driving that way to see it once its open.
HotRod Hobbies is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Jason Haas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mechanicsburg
Posts: 671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies View Post
No, its new, hasnt opened yet. It will have real dirt lol Suppose to be awesome. Im looking forward to see it. might just be worth driving that way to see it once its open.
Well I will believe it when I see it!
__________________
Bumps & Jumps/ LCRC/ and Big thanks to Joe
Jason Haas is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Tech Adept
 
KG74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Etters, PA
Posts: 225
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies View Post
No, its new, hasnt opened yet. It will have real dirt lol Suppose to be awesome. Im looking forward to see it. might just be worth driving that way to see it once its open.
If its new and hasnt opened yet, how do you have any info on it? your asking other people for info on it, when your the only one who apparently knows anything about it, so why dont you fill us all in on what you heard
__________________
-Ken Garner-

Team Associated/Reedy/Fat Head Designs/KJ Designs
KG74 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I talked with a racer from the Harrisburg area and its true! Its happenening, they are in the process of leasing the building now. From what im told is that this track will be well know just buy the owners reputation. Im excited that there will be an actual indoor track that has heat and is an all dirt off road track. Im thinking of moving back to the Harrisburg area just to race there.
HotRod Hobbies is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
Default

that would be cool if a track opens in Harrisburg. hoping they run 5th scale. need a local track instead of traveling.
bulldog23 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Might be good for winter, but most head outdoors for summer racing. Like others said, bumps is the indoor dirt place to be in the winter. I have to wonder how many tracks and hobby shops does the area think it can support. It's the same group of racers at most tracks and I sometimes think that people think money is just growing out of our pockets that we can run at 4 or 5 tracks a week. And from visting most of those places, it's pretty apparent you are not going to get rich on it.

Bulldog,

I can't see 5th scale and indoor every happening.
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com
jmackani is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Haas View Post
Well I will believe it when I see it!
You would have thought someone local would know about it.
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com
jmackani is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Your right, the sad thing is here is the track has capital ($$$) backing it. Makes it hard for others to compete, especially when times get tough. I dont think there will ever be an indoor 1/5 scale track here in pa. Its illegal to run nitro methane or any other type fuel indoors without being inspected by the state. The ventilation system alone is so outragous in cost that no one could really afford it.
HotRod Hobbies is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #11
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies View Post
Your right, the sad thing is here is the track has capital ($$$) backing it. Makes it hard for others to compete, especially when times get tough. I dont think there will ever be an indoor 1/5 scale track here in pa. Its illegal to run nitro methane or any other type fuel indoors without being inspected by the state. The ventilation system alone is so outragous in cost that no one could really afford it.
HMMM, bumps and jumps runs nitros on their indoor track.
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com
jmackani is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
Tech Addict
 
RacerX11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Might be good for winter, but most head outdoors for summer racing. Like others said, bumps is the indoor dirt place to be in the winter. I have to wonder how many tracks and hobby shops does the area think it can support. It's the same group of racers at most tracks and I sometimes think that people think money is just growing out of our pockets that we can run at 4 or 5 tracks a week. And from visting most of those places, it's pretty apparent you are not going to get rich on it.

Bulldog,

I can't see 5th scale and indoor every happening.
I agree with this Post. There are already 3 Offroad Tracks, 2 Dirt Oval Tracks,
and 1 that runs both Offroad and Dirt Oval. Do we really need another track in this area...
RacerX11 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
HMMM, bumps and jumps runs nitros on their indoor track.
So does McCullough's in Sarver.

Coincidentally, word has it there's a big track going in Dudley Pa. It's supposed to have the best dirt ever seen and Some guy from out west flew in and built it. Then I heard another one is going in Martinsburg pa wich is only 10 minutes from Dudley. It's not supposed to be as big as the one in Dudley but I heard it's Government funded. Then I heard another track is being put in Hollidaysburg ironically enough 10 minutes from Martinsburg, this one is being sponsored by A-Main Hobbies. It's supposed to be a domed arena with a retractable roof. It is also rumored that Amain will have an on site hobby shop, a Hooters, and a Beer distributor. It will be run year round and guys dressed like Elvis will help you unload and get to the climate controlled pits.

Last edited by gixxerman; 03-07-2011 at 06:04 PM.
gixxerman is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
hambone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bloomsburg, Pa.
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
So does McCullough's in Sarver.

Coincidentally, word has it there's a big track going in Dudley Pa. It's supposed to have the best dirt ever seen and Some guy from out west flew in and built it. Then I heard another one is going in Martinsburg pa wich is only 10 minutes from Dudley. It's not supposed to be as big as the one in Dudley but I heard it's Government funded. Then I heard another track is being put in Hollidaysburg ironically enough 10 minutes from Martinsburg, this one is being sponsored by A-Main Hobbies. It's supposed to be a domed arena with a retractable roof. It is also rumored that Amain will have an on site hobby shop, a Hooters, and a Beer distributer. It will be run year round and guys dressed like Elvis will help you unload and get to the climate controlled pits.
You just got my attention! I'll run the beer garden.
__________________
Rob Hamm
The Nitro Shop
Bones Motorsports
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post
You just got my attention! I'll run the beer garden.
There's supposed to be Beer taps at each pit table.
gixxerman is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:25 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net