R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I didnt hear anything about a new track in Dudley and I'm from Dudley!

The guy is from out west? Like from around Coalmont? If this is the guy I'm thinking of, it should be an awewome 'sick' track except for one thing. I heard he outlawed chrome on the vehicles because he is Amish or Menonite or something.

Lovell must be busy doing whatever it is he does these days so I guess I have to be the one who says it:

'Build it and they . . . might come"

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was told this info from a local (Harrisburg Racer) he is reputable, and he has always been honest with me. No reason to lie. Im excited that there will be a an off road track thats decent as well as all dirt and heated!! I hope thay have the room to offer an outdoor track as well!!
I understand that these places run nitro, but are they legal? The answer to that is NO. We talked to the state about an indoor facility and they stated to us that if the Corps of Engineers approves it we could. Heck there was no way of passing that without spending $20k+ Not worth it for model cars. Why do you think Kranzels never ran them? Cost to much to ventilate legally. To risky to get shut down permanetly.

Last edited by HotRod Hobbies; 03-07-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #18
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
So does McCullough's in Sarver.

Coincidentally, word has it there's a big track going in Dudley Pa. It's supposed to have the best dirt ever seen and Some guy from out west flew in and built it. Then I heard another one is going in Martinsburg pa wich is only 10 minutes from Dudley. It's not supposed to be as big as the one in Dudley but I heard it's Government funded. Then I heard another track is being put in Hollidaysburg ironically enough 10 minutes from Martinsburg, this one is being sponsored by A-Main Hobbies. It's supposed to be a domed arena with a retractable roof. It is also rumored that Amain will have an on site hobby shop, a Hooters, and a Beer distributor. It will be run year round and guys dressed like Elvis will help you unload and get to the climate controlled pits.
WOW!
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #19

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

wasnt this the guy last wk tellin the world bout his place, u know the old w/the un-original name. shameless self promo.

kinda odd that the township and county signed off on chris runnin nitro considerin they even stipulated amts of fuel in building and how to dispurse, use, store, and remove it to/from the building.

R
Old 03-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #20
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default WHAT THE ?

I have a track in Dudley DAMNIT! I was at the last borough meeting to see if could put a stripper pole on the driverstand, (still haven"t got an answer on that one) and I was never told about a new track
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think you'll be ok so long as the stripper pole is not made out of chrome.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Im just trying to get some info on this track, sounds great. No where to really race indoors around here. As far as the nitro goes, again when we contacted the state on this matter, the answer was no, unless we had a ventilation system in place and inspected by the corps of engineers. I wasnt going to spend 20k on a ventilation system. Electric is fine here. I dont really care one way or the other. Just wanted to know more info on this new facility. Sounds great! Just wish i was a little closer. If anyone has any info please share.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Only way i see another indoor nitro friendly track making it is if it's an 1/8 scale track. I would be there all winter if that were the case.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
I have a track in Dudley DAMNIT! I was at the last borough meeting to see if could put a stripper pole on the driverstand, (still haven"t got an answer on that one) and I was never told about a new track
The track in Dudley is under double super secret hush. The only reason I even know about it is because of my Neighbor's Wife's Sister's Uncle's niece who lives in Saxton and she babysits for a girl who's Dog's Dad's Sister's Aunt knows the UNDERCOVER persons name. I heard it's so secret that the owner/operator of this new track doesn't even know about it yet. Hell I might be in trouble for just letting you guys know about it!

Last edited by gixxerman; 03-07-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

HotRod Hobbies - Jim Chase - quit being such a toolbag, don't imply that I am not legal, I have worked the last 8 years to comply with every agency you can imagine, and certainly don't need you on here suggesting otherwise. The state does not regulate if your municipality "opted in" when the building code was revamped in the state 6 years ago to the IBC (international building code). If your municipality did not "opt in" it falls within the states authority to regulate the rules of the IBC. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Army core of engineers, who typically police environmental issues - mostly water management, but some others as well, certainly not Indoor Air Quality - which is what we are talking about. As far as The hidden hangers potential indoor track is concerned I am certain that if it happens Luke and I will work together and make it good for the both of us, the way it is supposed to be. Just because two people happen to have the same type of business does not mean they have to be enemies. I wish there were more tracks - yours included however you are going about it wrong, you attacked others threads, had no supporting information about your facility when it was posted. People want details - pictures, driver stand info, directions, electric, bathrooms and other infrastructures, and everything else. This is not an easy business and if you are going to do it - do it right, and that starts by not alienating your potential customers.
The thought that you actually typed something that made it appear that I am not up legal based on some propaganda really bothers me.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies View Post
No where to really race indoors around here.
Really?
We have had some of the industries most prominent names through our doors both racers and manufacturers and have been told we have one of the nicest facilities in the country. Maybe you better redefine indoors -are you thinking pole barns with no heat and a light bulb to warm up with so you could feel your controller?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #27
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Im just trying to get some info on this track, sounds great. No where to really race indoors around here. As far as the nitro goes, again when we contacted the state on this matter, the answer was no, unless we had a ventilation system in place and inspected by the corps of engineers. I wasnt going to spend 20k on a ventilation system. Electric is fine here. I dont really care one way or the other. Just wanted to know more info on this new facility. Sounds great! Just wish i was a little closer. If anyone has any info please share.
I'm glad Chris posted because he was alot more pleasant than I would of been. Guess its time for you to get booted off Tech for a second time.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I understand that these places run nitro, but are they legal? The answer to that is NO. We talked to the state about an indoor facility and they stated to us that if the Corps of Engineers approves it we could. Heck there was no way of passing that without spending $20k+ Not worth it for model cars. Why do you think Kranzels never ran them? Cost to much to ventilate legally. To risky to get shut down permanetly.
I just read the whole thread along with your reply to the other tracks you pissed off with your original race post - if you think $20k is too much just do us a ll a favor and stay on the sidelines. I am going to consider the fact that you intentionally posted 3 times trying to hurt me - STRIKE 3
Please don't call me in the future wasting my time asking to sell you parts because you are not a legitimate hobby shop in the eyes of the distributors, or asking my opinion about software or tracks or anything else. Good luck with your track - with your attitude your going to need it.
I am sure Luke loves the fact that you brought the possibility of him opening a place up.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Hey Chris, I will be calling you tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Better yet you call me asap!
Closed Thread