Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Hobbytown USA of Stamford, CT  1/24 Off Road Racing >

Hobbytown USA of Stamford, CT 1/24 Off Road Racing

Hobbytown USA of Stamford, CT 1/24 Off Road Racing

Old 03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey some great racing today.. These little cars are just so much fun on the track... Thanks for having it Raul.... I will be looking forward to next weeks run..

Rich
Old 03-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

i think that there should be different classes stock / modified . i noticed alot of people had many diy mods that make it kinda pointless to bring your "box stock" car and try to compete. but it was fun i had a good time except when my battery melted lol.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

In any form of racing, chassis tuning is always done but not required."Stock" racing, is sinple. No outside additional parts, no brushes, no carbon chassis. Oh, and no slinky spring. Any chassis tuning with what came from the kit is tolerated. Oil changes, shaving parts, moving shocks, adding weight is all permitted
Old 03-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

oh i was thinking it had to be box stock now i seeeeee
Old 03-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by speedslow
oh i was thinking it had to be box stock now i seeeeee
Yup, just do the shimming to the front and rear diffs, this helps to free them up which makes the car faster and give you longer run times. Plus this also allows the motor to run cooler so it won't over heat or blow. Also grind down the steering knuckles to help with the turning, just remember to not grind them down to far or you will be having the same problem as myself and some of the other guys were having with the Dog-Bones popping out. Overall the whole point of this is to just have fun. These are like Raul said, just toys cars.

See you all next week for some fun...

Rich
Old 03-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HTU Rich
Yup, just do the shimming to the front and rear diffs, this helps to free them up which makes the car faster and give you longer run times. Plus this also allows the motor to run cooler so it won't over heat or blow. Also grind down the steering knuckles to help with the turning, just remember to not grind them down to far or you will be having the same problem as myself and some of the other guys were having with the Dog-Bones popping out. Overall the whole point of this is to just have fun. These are like Raul said, just toys cars.

See you all next week for some fun...

Rich
Yep I had a blast!!! What a difference from the high strees world of 1/10 offroad. It was like old school R/C racing when I started back in the 80's.... PURE FUN!!!

Yep we all got to see first hand how taking to much material off of the steering created more problems with dogbones popping out than it was worth. I will be replacing the trimmed parts to stop that problem. Shimming the diffs are the best thing to do and it also improves cornering and corner speed.

See everyone in 2 weeks since I'll be at the ROAR Offroad Regional in Long Island next weekend.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Champion

Racing will be directed by Rich this Saturday. I will be at LIR racing the regionals.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tazz888
Yep I had a blast!!! What a difference from the high strees world of 1/10 offroad. It was like old school R/C racing when I started back in the 80's.... PURE FUN!!!

Yep we all got to see first hand how taking to much material off of the steering created more problems with dogbones popping out than it was worth. I will be replacing the trimmed parts to stop that problem. Shimming the diffs are the best thing to do and it also improves cornering and corner speed.

See everyone in 2 weeks since I'll be at the ROAR Offroad Regional in Long Island next weekend.
It's not that high stress. Just takes some more work, that's all. How are things going for you, Ron?
Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Racing will be directed by Rich this Saturday. I will be at LIR racing the regionals.
Yes, I will be running the next race Saturday March 19th. I will do my best to have everything running smoothly.

Remember guys, bring friends or anyone who you think will be interested, the more people we have racing the larger the prizes will be and the more fun it will be racing on the track.

Thanks

Rich
Old 03-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

i talked my friend into buying one on friday so most likely he will be there , but i cant find springs anywhere i checked every hobby shop around no one stocks any parts for this. only place i can find them is online but i have no account to order any so i will be there on saturday limping around the track again
Old 03-15-2011, 04:06 AM
Tech Champion

Guys I will be making carbon fiber steering links if anyone is interested. They will be allowed to use in racing. PM me.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedslow
i talked my friend into buying one on friday so most likely he will be there , but i cant find springs anywhere i checked every hobby shop around no one stocks any parts for this. only place i can find them is online but i have no account to order any so i will be there on saturday limping around the track again
you'll have springs for Saturday. Guaranteed. Call me at the shop today.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

you'll have springs for Saturday. Guaranteed. Call me at the shop today.
thanks i got your message. i didnt pick up because i didnt know the number how many different numbers you got
Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Guys I will be making carbon fiber steering links if anyone is interested. They will be allowed to use in racing. PM me.
Sweet Deal...
Old 03-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

how was the turn out?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.