R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Track Proposal for City (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/487190-track-proposal-city.html)

smoothie7 02-28-2011 01:24 PM

Track Proposal for City

I am in the process of talking with the city about putting up a rc dirt track for recreational use. I know there are a lot of people in the city that have remote control cars but have no place to use them. Not everyone is avid racers (like a lot of us here) The city has kindly said they would allow us to use the land as long as we maintain it. It would be a large dirt oval with a short course track in the infield. The size of the track would be about 80' x 180' and we will allow both electric and nitro racing :) Water and electricity will be available. They are looking for me to put together a presentation to show the city workers/safety directors/mayor/etc. Has anyone done anything like this? I am looking for ideas on what would make a killer presentation. I will be putting together a power point presentation. All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sbdogwood 03-18-2011 06:29 PM

Your best bet is to show youtube videos of similar projects, and bring in hobby shop owners to help field their questions and concerns. Of course, be prepared for answers yourselves. Do your research! Good luck!

DirtRacer68 03-19-2011 05:20 AM

Well, I have never had to do such a presentation but have been around the hobby for many years. I have been a racer, rc track announcer, and have worked in a hobby shop, throughout 15yrs. :nod: I think I have gained a very good perspective over the years. First, I would say, keep in mind this is a hobby and is suppose to be fun. Remember there are many kids out there and maybe you could point out in your approach how this would give kids a structured environment around helping adults to keep the kids off the streets and from getting into trouble. It's nice to see others working to keep this hobby strong. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!! :tire:

SDelaney 04-04-2011 06:58 PM

Guys, I am in the process of doing the same thing. I am looking to talk with the Parks & Rec in my local shortly so if there is anything anyone has done I would love to see their work. Thanks

Pin2Win 04-08-2011 12:44 PM

Guys we at Emery Park RC did just what you all are doing last year. We went before the parks and Rec board and presented our proposal. We used Dirtburners in STL as a example because they are in a city park and have their stuff together. Be prepared to show cars and tell about what they are how you control them that sort of thing as most people have no clue as to how they operate. One of our board members made a slide show and did a outstanding job presenting it. We are a 501a non profit and made sure they were well aware of the fact anything we took in went directly back to the facility. PM me if I could help in any way.

Jray_1914 10-13-2011 05:17 PM

I would really like to see a proposal

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. My city just received 8,000 military troops. Having a RC Track would be great for the city. Please share a proposal, power point, and/or ideas.

ripping trends 10-19-2011 05:02 AM

Parks and Rec Depts

Just a word of advise to ya'll, think twice about getting local governmental bodies involved in this sport. You will loose all control of the what when and where. Each time the director changes hands so will your sport. Adk them to put teams together, classes ect but keep them out of the daily running.