Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ty & I heading to track again. Mowing & practice are on the agenda. See ya there if want to show up.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

No racing for me this weekend but ill be there for help if anyone needs it!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Pancar dude
if i get something together i will let you drive it
Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pancar dude
NO RACING.....man
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Ok question for the group. I'm going to get a second car but I'm not sure what to get. Here is what I'm looking at:

4x4 SCT - BENEFITS - can use my current batteries, larger class at Rt281. DRAWBACKS - easier to drive?
1/8 Buggy - BENEFITS - can race at LCRC and not tear the car up (have heard numerous reports that LCRC isn't 1/10 friendly) DRAWBACKS - cost, would need new everything and the tires are not cheap
2wd Buggy (1/10 clearly) - BENEFITS - can race indoors can use current batteries. DRAWBACKS - not raced at RT281

So my first desire is the 2wd buggy but the fact that it isn't raced at RT281 or LCRC really is holding me back. So having heard that Chad has a 22 and is interested in running and I believe Doug mentioned last week he wanted to run a 2wd buggy...are there others interested?

Shawn what would it take to get a 2WD buggy class going (i.e. how many cars?)?

If we could get a 2wd buggy class going at RT281 it would make my decision for me as it was my first love...fond memories of my original RC10 and the JRx2.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Add a class
Old 08-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Ok question for the group. I'm going to get a second car but I'm not sure what to get. Here is what I'm looking at:

4x4 SCT - BENEFITS - can use my current batteries, larger class at Rt281. DRAWBACKS - easier to drive?
1/8 Buggy - BENEFITS - can race at LCRC and not tear the car up (have heard numerous reports that LCRC isn't 1/10 friendly) DRAWBACKS - cost, would need new everything and the tires are not cheap
2wd Buggy (1/10 clearly) - BENEFITS - can race indoors can use current batteries. DRAWBACKS - not raced at RT281

So my first desire is the 2wd buggy but the fact that it isn't raced at RT281 or LCRC really is holding me back. So having heard that Chad has a 22 and is interested in running and I believe Doug mentioned last week he wanted to run a 2wd buggy...are there others interested?

Shawn what would it take to get a 2WD buggy class going (i.e. how many cars?)?

If we could get a 2wd buggy class going at RT281 it would make my decision for me as it was my first love...fond memories of my original RC10 and the JRx2.
4WD SCT as you mentioned would be efficient for you because you could share batteries and it would be a similar vehicle to drive. It would be cheaper than a 1/8 Buggy, and would drive close to one but not exact. 1/8 Buggy is a very fun class, but keep in mind it is the most expensive for sure. However, honestly when it comes down to it, electronics wise you basically end up spending the same for a 4WD SCT as an E Buggy. You may want to keep an eye out for the RTR RC8B2.E. It can be had for a nice price and it's a quick way into 1/8 Electric. The 2WD Buggy is just not big anywhere in the state during outdoor season. Now, when indoor season rolls around it is a big class. If we could get enough of them to show up here, we'd gladly run them but so far it just hasn't happened that we had a bunch of people show up with them. It only takes 3 to make a class!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks guys for watering the track last night, there were a lot of guys out and it was a good time. Just some information for the 2wd guys, Brian has mastered the triple with his slash, Shawn you might want to tech his truck because I think he is running an 1/5 scale castle motor with two 6s lipo batteries
Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
4WD SCT as you mentioned would be efficient for you because you could share batteries and it would be a similar vehicle to drive. It would be cheaper than a 1/8 Buggy, and would drive close to one but not exact. 1/8 Buggy is a very fun class, but keep in mind it is the most expensive for sure. However, honestly when it comes down to it, electronics wise you basically end up spending the same for a 4WD SCT as an E Buggy. You may want to keep an eye out for the RTR RC8B2.E. It can be had for a nice price and it's a quick way into 1/8 Electric. The 2WD Buggy is just not big anywhere in the state during outdoor season. Now, when indoor season rolls around it is a big class. If we could get enough of them to show up here, we'd gladly run them but so far it just hasn't happened that we had a bunch of people show up with them. It only takes 3 to make a class!
I agree with Ty on this one. About the only cost savings in 4x4 compared to e-scale is batteries and tires. The cars and electronics can be about the same in price. FYI, I have an RC8BE roller if you are interested that was raced one summer only.

The 2wd buggy is primarily indoors any more. The weird part about the 1/10 buggies anymore is people expect the racing surface for them to be as smooth as concrete so they can run the slick clay type compound tires. I have not seen many races in this area anymore where the track is actually loamy for these types of cars.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

In regards to the battery comment on the E-Scales. If you already have 2cell lipos just build a Y-connector to make a 4S. I use 2 2cell lipos in my truggy and currently only own 1 4S. One major plus in using 2 2s packs verse 1 4s is when a 4s happens to fail you lose the whole pack verses only one 2s pack.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBJohnson
Thanks guys for watering the track last night, there were a lot of guys out and it was a good time. Just some information for the 2wd guys, Brian has mastered the triple with his slash, Shawn you might want to tech his truck because I think he is running an 1/5 scale castle motor with two 6s lipo batteries
Man you cant give away my SECRETS......LOL.....no race for me sat got to work at 745...Brexton will be racin...that was fun the other night thanks to all the guys with MARSHELL
Old 08-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We barely received any rain here today! Weather for tomorrow looks awesome, and not a chance for rain. It will be a great day for racing.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Well this stinks...looks like I may be done for the year...I'm certainly also going to miss the last points race.

How late into the fall will you guys race?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weyant
NO RACING.....man
that stinks was looking to run beside the traxxas
Old 08-18-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Well this stinks...looks like I may be done for the year...I'm certainly also going to miss the last points race.

How late into the fall will you guys race?
until people stop coming because it is too cold, or snow! haha

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
We barely received any rain here today! Weather for tomorrow looks awesome, and not a chance for rain. It will be a great day for racing.

Bring your light jacket the moisture is up and the sun is hiding. meaning awesome track condition but a little chill in the air.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.