R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #991
Tech Elite
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig
Default

Results from tonight
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2WD SCT B Main.pdf (16.2 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf 2WD SCT A Main.pdf (26.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf 4WD SCT B Main.pdf (19.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: pdf 4WD SCT A Main.pdf (34.3 KB, 55 views)
__________________
Tyler Herwig
Tekno RC teknorc.com ∙ JConcepts jconcepts.net ∙ Spider Hobbies spiderhobbies.com ∙ SMC smc-racing.net ∙ Upgrade RC upgrade-rc.com ∙ Kustom RC Graphics kustomrcgraphics.com
T. Herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #992
Tech Elite
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig
Default

More results
Attached Files
File Type: pdf E Buggy A Main.pdf (20.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: pdf E Truggy A Main.pdf (27.8 KB, 55 views)
__________________
Tyler Herwig
Tekno RC teknorc.com ∙ JConcepts jconcepts.net ∙ Spider Hobbies spiderhobbies.com ∙ SMC smc-racing.net ∙ Upgrade RC upgrade-rc.com ∙ Kustom RC Graphics kustomrcgraphics.com
T. Herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #993
Tech Regular
 
Sportin' Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 301
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Good racing & Excellent racers!!!!! Congrats to all Winners & Runner-ups!!!
Good meeting "The Kirks" great bunch of racers!!! Steve: Fastest lap so far!!!
Our "LOCALS" are really bringing the heat also.
Thanks again to everyone for supporting the track!!!
Hope to make a few improvements/track adjustments by next race date: July 21st. WeeMan loves change
__________________
smoke (smōk)
a. vaporous matter arising from something burning and made visible by minute particles of carbon suspended in it
b. something without substance, significance, or lasting reality
Sportin' Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #994
Tech Elite
 
Grasschopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,647
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

For the next race I suggest we arm the corner marshals with fire extinguishers...LOL

Pretty pumped by my results tonight. Shaved nearly 3 seconds off of my fastest lap in the main and almost 5 whole seconds off of my average....and a podium...woo hoo.

Now how do I keep those lap times and keep my motor cool...I don't need flames and smoke shooting out of my truck too.
__________________
www.smc-racing.net for all of your Lipo needs
RC10B5, Caster S10B Pro, 22T
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #995
Tech Adept
 
kaptain8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 206
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

We had a blast! Nice meeting some new faces. Shawn has a very nice facility with great people. We will definitely be back with some more troops from the Pittsburgh area!
__________________
Steve Kirk

Serpent America | Desoto Racing | Upgrade RC | Nitro House | Ridgeway Bodies
kaptain8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #996
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
Hmm...that stinks, I was hoping for enough turnout for them to be separate. We only have one transponder right now (2nd is in the mail somewhere) and I was hoping to be able to watch him run so I could give suggestions.

Oh well. Here's to hoping I can get everything charged and ready for two trucks in the same heats.

I told you it would work out.....
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #997
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain8 View Post
We had a blast! Nice meeting some new faces. Shawn has a very nice facility with great people. We will definitely be back with some more troops from the Pittsburgh area!

Let me make this offical!!!!!

Steve Turned the fastest lap ever turned at Rt281 26.48!!!


Thanks for coming out and making me feel soooo slow!!!


JK thanks for coming out......... I really appreciate the support
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #998
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
For the next race I suggest we arm the corner marshals with fire extinguishers...LOL

Pretty pumped by my results tonight. Shaved nearly 3 seconds off of my fastest lap in the main and almost 5 whole seconds off of my average....and a podium...woo hoo.

Now how do I keep those lap times and keep my motor cool...I don't need flames and smoke shooting out of my truck too.
We talked about that we will be getting a couple to assure no melt downs!
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #999
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood View Post
Good racing & Excellent racers!!!!! Congrats to all Winners & Runner-ups!!!
Good meeting "The Kirks" great bunch of racers!!! Steve: Fastest lap so far!!!
Our "LOCALS" are really bringing the heat also.
Thanks again to everyone for supporting the track!!!
Hope to make a few improvements/track adjustments by next race date: July 21st. WeeMan loves change

he going to kick my butt
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #1000
Tech Elite
 
Grasschopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,647
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team T2C View Post
I told you it would work out.....
Yup...worked out great. And thanks again for the transponder loan. And just as expected his PT showed up in the mail that of course arrived after we left for the race. So next time he will be ready to go...assuming we figure out the motor situation.

Do you think the 20/80 combo might have just been too big for the LM-32K? Back off to an 18T pinion maybe?

And how about my obscene temps...195* F after the A Main...the alarm went off on my radio (telemetry) telling me it got over 165* but I was closing in on Noah with only a min or so to go so I figured I was going for it even if we had two fires in the Farr trucks tonight. LOL I'm running 26/76...should I back that down? I am running some boost...I suppose I could turn that off as well...maybe that is the first step.
__________________
www.smc-racing.net for all of your Lipo needs
RC10B5, Caster S10B Pro, 22T
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #1001
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 229
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
Yup...worked out great. And thanks again for the transponder loan. And just as expected his PT showed up in the mail that of course arrived after we left for the race. So next time he will be ready to go...assuming we figure out the motor situation.

Do you think the 20/80 combo might have just been too big for the LM-32K? Back off to an 18T pinion maybe?

And how about my obscene temps...195* F after the A Main...the alarm went off on my radio (telemetry) telling me it got over 165* but I was closing in on Noah with only a min or so to go so I figured I was going for it even if we had two fires in the Farr trucks tonight. LOL I'm running 26/76...should I back that down? I am running some boost...I suppose I could turn that off as well...maybe that is the first step.
What motor is it john? I run a 17.5 in my sc10 full boost geard 28/75 and it only gets about 120 after the main..even though i didnt finish mine tonight...
Pancar dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #1002
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
Yup...worked out great. And thanks again for the transponder loan. And just as expected his PT showed up in the mail that of course arrived after we left for the race. So next time he will be ready to go...assuming we figure out the motor situation.

Do you think the 20/80 combo might have just been too big for the LM-32K? Back off to an 18T pinion maybe?

And how about my obscene temps...195* F after the A Main...the alarm went off on my radio (telemetry) telling me it got over 165* but I was closing in on Noah with only a min or so to go so I figured I was going for it even if we had two fires in the Farr trucks tonight. LOL I'm running 26/76...should I back that down? I am running some boost...I suppose I could turn that off as well...maybe that is the first step.
i think 18 even gets them hot! but we know that is stock atleast.

Also i run a 17/87 in my losi with a element 3900kv motor. it is about 115 after a 10 minute run

hope that helps let me know if you need me to ship you anything before 11 am monday

thanks for coming down
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #1003
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancar dude View Post
What motor is it john? I run a 17.5 in my sc10 full boost geard 28/75 and it only gets about 120 after the main..even though i didnt finish mine tonight...
wow that a ton of gear!

Compared to my losi

yours 2.67 to 1
Mine 5.11 to 1

WOW~~~~~
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #1004
Tech Elite
 
Grasschopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,647
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancar dude View Post
What motor is it john? I run a 17.5 in my sc10 full boost geard 28/75 and it only gets about 120 after the main..even though i didnt finish mine tonight...
A super high end Turnigy TrackStar 17.5T. Honestly for $32 I didn't expect much but so far it's holding up even though I overheat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamT2C
i think 18 even gets them hot! but we know that is stock atleast.

Also i run a 17/87 in my losi with a element 3900kv motor. it is about 115 after a 10 minute run

hope that helps let me know if you need me to ship you anything before 11 am monday

thanks for coming down
Hey if you had an 18T I would have bought it. We had a blast...and best of all Sebastian wants to race more. I can't wait to get him back out.
__________________
www.smc-racing.net for all of your Lipo needs
RC10B5, Caster S10B Pro, 22T
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #1005
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default 2WD SCT Mod Points

Total Driver
414 Noah Swank (Wild Child)
357 Eric Herwig (smoke)
285 Sebastian Walker
262 Ed Rummel (weeman)
257 Jared Critchfield
195 Doug Sadano
190 John Farr
109 Shawn Brown
97 Ken Ross
92 John Critchfield
87 Cameron Bell
83 Jermey Swank
82 Chad Segner
82 Brexton Weyant
__________________
Spider Hobbies
[email protected]
814-701-2537
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net