R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #451
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Cool Indiana, Pa

If you run on sunday's I have a group of about 4 or 5 guys that run with me. We would be able to race. We all work on Fridays and Saturday's. We run SCT! 4WD SC 2WD SC and 2WD Mod!!! We also have 1/8 Nitro Buggy!!!

Do you need some help?
Do you have pictures of the track yet?

Are you near the Somerset Airport?
If so I practiced on the old track a few times last year. One time I got snowed on!

Our indoor track closes soon! End or March. His outdoor track runs Sat. And All of us work Sat.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #452
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoluv View Post
Hey bud,jim here from the old Altoona Raceway!!!! I know we got shut down and they paved our old spot were our track was at here in Altoona but myself and a few others are DEFINITLY looking forward to being frequent flyers at your track this year. As far as the classes u have set up,I think its a great start.I did all the track maintenence at our old track so i am interested in helping also!!!
Hey Jim, Great to hear from you! Thought you were out of RC for good after all that went on up there. It will be nice to have you around and the help will be greatly appreciated. Take a look at the various track layouts shown on page 30 and shoot us some input as to what you would like to see obstacle wise on any of them. The final decision as to which layout is chosen is still up in the air so, Now's the time to voice your opinions!
Hope to see ya soon.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #453
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Hey Jim, Great to hear from you! Thought you were out of RC for good after all that went on up there. It will be nice to have you around and the help will be greatly appreciated. Take a look at the various track layouts shown on page 30 and shoot us some input as to what you would like to see obstacle wise on any of them. The final decision as to which layout is chosen is still up in the air so, Now's the time to voice your opinions!
Hope to see ya soon.

Hey bud,Its nice to be back into R/C. I did sell off most of my stuff last summer to finance my tattooing appreticeship (which I finished and I am looking to open my own shop in the upcoming year or so). Anyway,I have bought a few new R/C things (SC Truck,electric 1/10th monster truck,nitro monster truck,and what I had before,my Team Academy 1/10 Brushless buggy.) I am looking at mostly 1/10 scale racing for now (mod truck,mod buggy,stock Short Course.) I would love to come and help with the track considering it is the closest to Altoona. Its a shame about our track but I will be careful of who I partner up with again on one of the tracks we build around here.Rob was just a all around bad person looking to scam anyone he could (including the Ronald Mcdonald House Charitys). Anyway I moved on and Im looking forward to seeing you and all the racers again and having the fun R/C is suppose to be about. I will look at the track pics and let ya know. Good talkin to ya and will get back to ya soon!!!!
Spectrum!!!
revoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #454
Tech Addict

As far as the track layouts I think #5 is a all around nice layout with plenty of interests in angles and curves and such. Please let me know how things are going and if help is needed!!!!
Spectrum!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #455
Tech Adept

Quote:
As far as the track layouts I think #5 is a all around nice layout with plenty of interests in angles and curves and such. Please let me know how things are going and if help is needed!!!!
Oh, I'm sure we could use your help! I will keep you posted on where things stand.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #456
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure we could use your help! I will keep you posted on where things stand.

things " are looking ok"

We got a invite to some future opportunities for races.

We still need

Dirt!!!!

Pipe!!!!

And the other things that were mentioned.

Jim great to see you back. I hope we can work something out !!!

Jimj do you have any new PDF's with what we talked about?

Also i will be at motorama so i will not be checking here this week.

take care guys and thanks for all the help
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #457
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rob martin

I saw the classes that were gonna be offered. Any chance of mod 2wd,truck etc being added? Or is the track going to be more geared towards the bigger cars ?escales 4x4 corr etc. One of the reasons i ask is cause i know a couple of of people with the cars i listed in the area(johnstown) and they asked if there would be a class for them to race... Have u ever thought about contacting doug(mcculloughs)and maybe gettin a mini series like 4-5 races between each track? May be a way to get guys to go to both track and it may help the turnout between both. Most people that go to mcculloughs dont know that rt281 exist. I would like to come out this summer and race here so i thought i would throw out some ideas.

~Ridgeway bodies~B-Fast Performance Diffs~Flying Farmer Traction Sauce
rob martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #458
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob martin View Post
I saw the classes that were gonna be offered. Any chance of mod 2wd,truck etc being added? Or is the track going to be more geared towards the bigger cars ?escales 4x4 corr etc. One of the reasons i ask is cause i know a couple of of people with the cars i listed in the area(johnstown) and they asked if there would be a class for them to race... Have u ever thought about contacting doug(mcculloughs)and maybe gettin a mini series like 4-5 races between each track? May be a way to get guys to go to both track and it may help the turnout between both. Most people that go to mcculloughs dont know that rt281 exist. I would like to come out this summer and race here so i thought i would throw out some ideas.
to simply put it , i grouped a few classes so that those were covered. I know what we are selling locally. If we have the opportunity to expand classes. we will. these are not set in stone.

we are gearing the track to be friendly towards both 1/10th with a inner track with no change over and a other track for the 1/8 scale and 4x4 sc.
Jimj is working on some new drawing that show the tracks within the track.

all inpit is considered. somerset is a good location because we have 219- 220 and the turnpike close. even 68 is only 30 miles. we just need to continue building it up

thanks for all the input we are listening.
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #459
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I like track #5 as well. As a beginner i would say if you could make the jumps forgiving to save on marshalls. I guess to appeal to sc and buggies/truggies, more rolled landings will help with casing jumps and driving off. i think with a track that big, no matter what you put on it will be fun. Thanks jim for all the hard work on making a nice place
Hobbywing
outacontrol3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #460
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

#5 and #8 look good
Landscaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #461
Tech Adept

Default INPUT

Thanks OUTA & LANDSCAPER!
This is what we needed to get the general layout planned. Looks like #5 is the likely candidate. Once I add the proposed piping change to include the 1/10 scale layout it will be reposted and we can add some of the obstacles and begin getting thoughts from you guys for improvement.

Lanscaper, how far are you from the track, and do you plan on coming up to see us? Would be great! The more the merrier.

Rob Martin,
We are planning an included 1/10 layout with just piping change. I've watched you race at MC's this winter and you definately are fun to watch! I don't think I could drive those buggies to save my life! I would be broken always, for sure.

Last edited by jimj; 02-16-2012 at 05:46 AM.
jimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #462
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
This is what we needed to get the general layout planned. Looks like #5 is the likely candidate. Once I add the proposed piping change to include the 1/10 scale layout it will be reposted and we can add some of the obstacles and begin getting thoughts from you guys for improvement.

Lanscaper, how far are you from the track, and do you plan on coming up to see us? Would be great! The more the merrier.

Rob Martin,
We are planning an included 1/10 layout with just piping change. I've watched you race at MC's this winter and you definately are fun to watch! I don't think I could drive those buggies to save my life! I would be broken always, for sure.
I am in southern Maryland, Afew hours drive 3-4. I hope I can make it up there this year. I have a pretty busy schedule with ROAR.But I will try my best.
Landscaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #463
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team T2C View Post
things " are looking ok"

We got a invite to some future opportunities for races.

We still need

Dirt!!!!

Pipe!!!!

And the other things that were mentioned.

Jim great to see you back. I hope we can work something out !!!

Jimj do you have any new PDF's with what we talked about?

Also i will be at motorama so i will not be checking here this week.

take care guys and thanks for all the help

Hi bud!!!! I am so glad to see that you are at least gonna work on a track this season!!!! I can tell ya this much,as soon as the REAL Spring weather moves in (not freezing,and grounds thawed out),I will make the hour drive to put my help into your track.We tried to make a track work here after the fall of the Altoona Raceway and a friend of mine bought alot of black piping for the track along with spikes and the guy who owned that ground backed out on us so this pipe is at a friends that I will try to get ahold of!!! I will see what I can do now until this weather breaks!! Do you happen to have pics of the track area or the track itself?
Spectrum!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #464
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi bud!!!! I am so glad to see that you are at least gonna work on a track this season!!!! I can tell ya this much,as soon as the REAL Spring weather moves in (not freezing,and grounds thawed out),I will make the hour drive to put my help into your track.We tried to make a track work here after the fall of the Altoona Raceway and a friend of mine bought alot of black piping for the track along with spikes and the guy who owned that ground backed out on us so this pipe is at a friends that I will try to get ahold of!!! I will see what I can do now until this weather breaks!! Do you happen to have pics of the track area or the track itself?
Help him out Jim. They are a good group of guys and not what you had at the last place. You need to get a nitro back on to your racing classes again. Hint, not the monster truck either, but another buggy.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #465
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rob martin

Quote:

Rob Martin,
Sounds good. Im only a hr away so i hope to make it out as often as possible!

~Ridgeway bodies~B-Fast Performance Diffs~Flying Farmer Traction Sauce
rob martin is offline   Reply With Quote