R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #346
Tech Rookie

Default clean up

i got tools and two bodies that can help
i got corded and cordless drills and saws can bring pretty much what ever we need just let me know what weekend you want to do this
do have a pickup and can move stuff around just don't think i can haul an entire triaxle of dirt truck just isn't that big
associatedt4rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #347
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Track Condition?

Anyone been to the track to see how bad it is after the rains?
Old 09-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #348
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

a 5 am it was pouring at the track, very wet.....
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #349
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just a suggestion for you guys coming from someone that has helped at multiple tracks. If you want to save a nightmare of work in the spring in the mud, get all your track changes, done in the fall and then you do not have to worry about rains, etc in the spring and cold temperatures trying to get the track ready to race. After the winter though, it will be settled and be pretty close ready to race on.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #350
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Just a suggestion for you guys coming from someone that has helped at multiple tracks. If you want to save a nightmare of work in the spring in the mud, get all your track changes, done in the fall and then you do not have to worry about rains, etc in the spring and cold temperatures trying to get the track ready to race. After the winter though, it will be settled and be pretty close ready to race on.

thanks, We will need it we are planing on moving it.

Eric " Superman" Herwing started taking the concrete oval driverstand down by himself today!!! I hope we will be there to help that crazy guy out!

Thanks Eric, you went from smoke to superman from now on.....unless you start smoking motors again

Last edited by Team T2C; 09-10-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #351
Tech Adept

Default Sunday 9-11-11

Anyone going to the track today, or know if it can be made runnable?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #352
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No Superman here, just frustrated RC mechanic/father. Problems we've been having with ty's Truggy & Durango has soured him & he didn't want to hear of this weekends race. So I just went to kinda be by myself & tear something apart rather than the truggy for the umpteenth time. In my heart I do believe the truggy is back, but with all the rain this week we didn't get chance to test it at track (jumps, dirt, posible crashs to see if it really holds up. garage,driveway, even livingroom, it sounds good (no grinding), but hoping it holds up, just doesn't cut it anymore in Ty's mind.

Still a good bit of stand to be tore apart, got most of top done, but need socket wrenchs for lag bolts in framing, but still alot of screws need takin out & now school back in cession, I have to work every other Sunday.

Gonna try to be at track Sunday afternoon/early evening for some testing.
Track had it's usual wet spots, but the sun was out yesterday & it's currently shining here, should be decent later on.
Sportin' Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #353
Tech Rookie

Default stand

hey i got a battery impact i can bring out for the work next sunday
also got other drills n such
let me know i talked to shawn yesterday and he said that was kind of the day he was looking at maybee instead of test n tune on saterday we can get out there early sunday take care of the track stuff and then play in the aafternoon
Old 09-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #354
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood View Post
No Superman here, just frustrated RC mechanic/father. Problems we've been having with ty's Truggy & Durango has soured him & he didn't want to hear of this weekends race. So I just went to kinda be by myself & tear something apart rather than the truggy for the umpteenth time. In my heart I do believe the truggy is back, but with all the rain this week we didn't get chance to test it at track (jumps, dirt, posible crashs to see if it really holds up. garage,driveway, even livingroom, it sounds good (no grinding), but hoping it holds up, just doesn't cut it anymore in Ty's mind.

Still a good bit of stand to be tore apart, got most of top done, but need socket wrenchs for lag bolts in framing, but still alot of screws need takin out & now school back in cession, I have to work every other Sunday.

Gonna try to be at track Sunday afternoon/early evening for some testing.
Track had it's usual wet spots, but the sun was out yesterday & it's currently shining here, should be decent later on.
Tim and I will see you there this afternoon. Maybe we can get that truggy figured out once and for all! Tim needs to check/set some things up on the Caster also. Probably be there around 3:00 as Tim is charging his battery sets currently. Got a new set of closed cell foams for the 8ight-T XXT tires and would like to see how they hook-up. See ya soon!
P.S. Next Sunday sounds good for the Stand tear-down, Tim and I will be there.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #355
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Tim and I will see you there this afternoon. Maybe we can get that truggy figured out once and for all! Tim needs to check/set some things up on the Caster also. Probably be there around 3:00 as Tim is charging his battery sets currently. Got a new set of closed cell foams for the 8ight-T XXT tires and would like to see how they hook-up. See ya soon!
P.S. Next Sunday sounds good for the Stand tear-down, Tim and I will be there.

It is currently raining here. Will keep an update.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #356
Tech Adept

Default Nice day at 281

Got to the track around 2:30. Saw it had rained, took the squeegee's to the track. Ran from 3:15 to 5:30 AWESOME! The track took the water very well and traction was at peak. Hope to see you guys next week.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #357
Tech Master

roll call for sunday, i need to get the rest of that drivers stand taken down. let me know who may be out weather depending. thanks everyone.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:17 AM   #358
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team T2C View Post
roll call for sunday, i need to get the rest of that drivers stand taken down. let me know who may be out weather depending. thanks everyone.
Ty & I can be out Sunday morning, I can be there till around 1pm, then off to work I must go Shawn, if you could give Ty ride home after, he can stay & play...... after work is done of course Saturday I need to do some stuff around house that I've been avoiding.
Sportin' Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:25 AM   #359
Tech Rookie

Default stand

i will be there for sunday
i will bring tools
should be jon and me but if he doesn't come you at least get me
Old 09-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #360
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by associatedt4rev View Post
i will be there for sunday
i will bring tools
should be jon and me but if he doesn't come you at least get me
Tim and I will be there Sunday morning to work. What time do you guys want to get started? We probably will be up on Sat also to run the trucks, anyone else planning on being there weather permitting?