R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #1996
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJohnson View Post
So pt was a good time? Tyler are you putting up any videos.
It was fun! Very nice crowd of people as well and an awesome facility.

I did not get any video unfortunately but I do believe some others did.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #1997
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Everytime I thought to ask Ty for camera, I had to pop his ball caps back on his buggy's turnbuckles I'm not that coordinated + marshalling on indoor carpet you have to be aware of incoming!!!

Then they turn out lights with blacklights / stobes & vehicles trying to fly around track. Most of the drivers lost where their vehicles were, but on a positive note: Shawn turned his best laps
Sportin' Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #1998
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood View Post
Everytime I thought to ask Ty for camera, I had to pop his ball caps back on his buggy's turnbuckles I'm not that coordinated + marshalling on indoor carpet you have to be aware of incoming!!!

Then they turn out lights with blacklights / stobes & vehicles trying to fly around track. Most of the drivers lost where their vehicles were, but on a positive note: Shawn turned his best laps
There weren't any nice shiny fireman's type poles in the center of the room that Shawn seemed to be focused on with all the lights and strobes were there?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #1999
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
http://www.roarregion2racing.com

If you do not have a ROAR Membership, we can sign you up at the track. It's good for a year from when you sign up. You can also sign up online at http://www.roarracing.com/websitesignup.php.
Thank you...I got signed up do i need to do both Brexton and I both or just one of us???he's 10 i didnt know for sure so i just did me
weyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #2000
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyant View Post
Thank you...I got signed up do i need to do both Brexton and I both or just one of us???he's 10 i didnt know for sure so i just did me
Sign both up, usually family membership is cheaper. If you already signed up, email [email protected] and he can help straighten it out. In addition, there is no fee for him to race in our series.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #2001
Tech Regular

Thank you for all the info
Old 11-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #2002
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default Roar

What is this membership all about? Please help.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #2003
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo Dan View Post
Roar is havin its regional 1/10 races first is in Winchester VA...you have to be a member of roar to be in the series
Old 11-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #2004
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood View Post
Shawn, wished we would have just followed you out last night.
Stupid GPS on Ty's phone kept on wanting to head us to Rte 66 (partial toll road) & we kept ignoring it's commands till we ended up on the Monroeville side to turnpike entrance. Got past all those nice homes, but missed the road we came in from? Must get kickback from toll roads
yes we were home in 1 hour 12 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJohnson View Post
So pt was a good time? Tyler are you putting up any videos.
wow cool time! Dont eat so much shawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
There weren't any nice shiny fireman's type poles in the center of the room that Shawn seemed to be focused on with all the lights and strobes were there?
YES I DID, i was fast because i couldnt see anyone else cars, so i drove without worry of hitting people. and yes at motorama i will be closing my eyes! lol
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #2005
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

hotels for motorama! let me know if you want to block them out! ASAP

I will be booking these hotels by Thursday!
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #2006
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo Dan View Post
It's about a few things. First is insurance for attending all its events during the year. I think we all say I do not need the insurance, but the lady at LCRC who had her arm broken with an e-buggy the other week probably thought the same thing.

2nd is providing the capability to attend an organized event a step above club level racing. Our events and series are recognized at the international level by tracks, racers, and manufactures. ROAR events are the only avenue for pre-qualification to attending the IFMAR World Championships. The ROAR infrastructure is our minor leagues for determining who will go to represent for the U.S. in the World Championships.

3rd is providing a safe, fun atmosphere with a core set of rules for race directors and competitors to follow through out the U.S. in a repeatable fashion no matter the geographic location. When we all come together for National events like those this past summer at LCRC and some of those held through Shawn from the on-road side, all racers can attend and know what to expect at any track.

Last, it's about creating another level of friendships as we all travel to new places to race. We all share a common addiction and it does not take $25 a year to build those relationships. But, it's the events which are sanctioned by ROAR that can bring us to the same battlefield throughout the regional tracks to help promote the hobby which we all love every weekend. Without ROAR, the major leagues and pro drivers would not exist. Who is the man on the front of rc car action or rc driver? Most of those guys like Drake, Maifield, Lutz, Tessman, etc. would not exist without international recognized sanctioned races and sponsors who also recognize the sanctioning body. In one form or another, we are very much like NASCAR. Motocross has AMA, the RC Industry has ROAR.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #2007
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default Roar

Thankyou sir.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #2008
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had a great time meeting and racing with the guys that made it down to pt, im looking forward to trying my hand at some dirt racing with you guys next summer. For those of you trying to figure out who I am my name is Tim and I was running the black b4.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #2009
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Awesome!

Hey Tim,
Great to hear that you are interested in giving Rt 281 a try! I don't think you will be disappointed to say the least. It's a good group of racers and we have a great time each week. I'm sure we'll see ya again at PT. It was new to us but we had a really good time.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #2010
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default A great time!!

Well, PT was a hoot, great folks, great food, and lots of it, and a really challenging, but really fun racing format. A big thanks to all the folks involved, it was obvious that a lot of time and effort went into the First Annual PT Raceway Halloween event. We all were welcomed by the local racers, and it was great to see all the folks that came to Rt. 281 on their home court, like Shawn said on his first visit, I got my a$$ handed to me, but it was done with lots of smiles and carpet racing tips. Thanks everyone.
Registered for Motorama today too, got a couple of rooms in Carlisle thank you Marriott points, now off to work, I hope to see everyone sooner than later..
Bruce..
nussrods is offline   Reply With Quote