Old 05-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #136
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when is the grand opening?
rcscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:07 AM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

we have been running on the track, we have had about 15-20 people that just come out and rent it for the day to play. Nothing set in stone because i haven't built the nitro pit lane yet. really have jumped at that because i haven't had time.

Still a work in progress, slow when it is a one man show.
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #138
Tech Master

work today cleaning it up.

Also anyone that is calling please text me it is a faster response. 814 289 9619
Old 06-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #139
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Video from today.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #140
Tech Master

there that dang Pink Buggy again!!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #141
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the orange blitz was so fast
peewee146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #142
Tech Master

Guys,

I want to give a summary and try to give some insight on the track.

We completed the track within the limits of the old oval it is 140ft X72 Feet. The lanes are 12ft in width.

We have had about 20-25 people that have come out and run (short coarse mainly) and they have given me positive feedback. They also have suggested some things and we are working on them.

We have a great opportunity here. The Track rent is paid for the next 3 years. So it will not disappear overnight. We have Water and Electricity and equipment on premises, and if needed for a " Big Event" we could even have some indoor pitting.

I built the track honestly as a place for me to improve my off road skills, this has resulted in others joining me and it is becoming a race track.

We have a AMB RC4 lap counter. We have some lights up but we need to complete a few things to make them work again since we made changes to the track.

Here is the cons

1)We have not put a nitro pit road in yet, the main reason is i haven't had anyone other then my friend Jim that has come out with nitro. We have plans for it just would like to get more people out for some insight and assistance.

2)It is a little tight(12ft wide), but it is really a challenge when you run a e scale or a 1/8 nitro buggy on it. you need to concentrate because it is very technical. I did that to improve my driving. there is section where you can air it out.

3) We dont have house transponders.

those are some of the things we need to work on.

Now for the good news.

Depending on support this location can grow. We have a full acre that we could grow into. it is only going to require us building the racer base.

We are already talking about making the track longer, but we need to arrange some more dirt.

I just wanted to everyone an update....and to say thank you

Now I would like to put together a day to have a cook out and practice/race day to meet all the racers in the area.

Any ideas when a good date would be? June 18th?

we are also going to do 50/50 to help with purchasing transponders for the track. We are going to set up a fund to allow the racers the ability to help build and improve the track. we will post the totals in the account and also ask for suggestions for improvements that it can be applied to in the future.

Again thanks for helping me create a nice place to hone our skills.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team T2C View Post
Guys,

I want to give a summary and try to give some insight on the track.

We completed the track within the limits of the old oval it is 140ft X72 Feet. The lanes are 12ft in width.

We have had about 20-25 people that have come out and run (short coarse mainly) and they have given me positive feedback. They also have suggested some things and we are working on them.

We have a great opportunity here. The Track rent is paid for the next 3 years. So it will not disappear overnight. We have Water and Electricity and equipment on premises, and if needed for a " Big Event" we could even have some indoor pitting.

I built the track honestly as a place for me to improve my off road skills, this has resulted in others joining me and it is becoming a race track.

We have a AMB RC4 lap counter. We have some lights up but we need to complete a few things to make them work again since we made changes to the track.

Here is the cons

1)We have not put a nitro pit road in yet, the main reason is i haven't had anyone other then my friend Jim that has come out with nitro. We have plans for it just would like to get more people out for some insight and assistance.

2)It is a little tight(12ft wide), but it is really a challenge when you run a e scale or a 1/8 nitro buggy on it. you need to concentrate because it is very technical. I did that to improve my driving. there is section where you can air it out.

3) We dont have house transponders.

those are some of the things we need to work on.

Now for the good news.

Depending on support this location can grow. We have a full acre that we could grow into. it is only going to require us building the racer base.

We are already talking about making the track longer, but we need to arrange some more dirt.

I just wanted to everyone an update....and to say thank you

Now I would like to put together a day to have a cook out and practice/race day to meet all the racers in the area.

Any ideas when a good date would be? June 18th?

we are also going to do 50/50 to help with purchasing transponders for the track. We are going to set up a fund to allow the racers the ability to help build and improve the track. we will post the totals in the account and also ask for suggestions for improvements that it can be applied to in the future.

Again thanks for helping me create a nice place to hone our skills.
Shawn,

The 18th is LCRC's next race so you may want to try another day as a good many racers will be there on that day. Let me know when you need help. I'm not even 5 miles out and I can help pretty much any day you need me.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #144
Tech Master

Old 06-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #145
Tech Rookie

Hey, looking to possibly get into RC. Would it be cool if I came out to the next event to check it out?
VballHerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #146
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VballHerk View Post
Hey, looking to possibly get into RC. Would it be cool if I came out to the next event to check it out?

yes we even have rental 2wd short coarse trucks. 15.00 to rent it 2.00 each battery pack, we have 2 or 3 depending on if they are prepared and ready. So bring friends

Thanks

you can contact us at [email protected] for more info we are open for practice and rentals 6 days a week 7-5
Old 06-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #147
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The 18th dosen't work for me either.. Oval race that I need to be at.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #148
Tech Master

the man!!! JAC9!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #149
Tech Master

I started looking at the track layout and i believe we can increase the size of the track by about 80-90 feet. Also it will be a section to allow a 8th scale to really get up to speed and an area to air it out.

I will keep everyone posted.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #150
Tech Master

Default SATURDAY RACE POSTPONED

also i must say the track is going to be open for practice on Saturday but we are still a couple weeks away from having a race. I am hoping to have an open day race on the 25th with a cook out.

please let me know who all is planning to stop out on the 25th, need to get enough food.