R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
BigGus71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,115
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback

Looking to build an indoor track in North Jersey around Passaic County area. It will be close to major highways like RT80, 46, and 23. There will be a fully stocked hobby shop on site. The track will be open to practice or play the same hours the hobby shop is open with racing on weekends.
We would like a place large enough to run 1/8 scale. Rent isn't cheap around here so I'm looking for feedback on how many people would be interested in it.
BigGus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
SloRacer1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Madison, NJ
Posts: 1,441
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! As long as there is off road.

There is a big gap in this area. You have to go at least an hour either north towards Barnstormers in NY, or south towards Jackson RC and Trax 70, or west out to Trains and Lanes. There isn't really anything that I know of around here. There is Dirtrunners up in Jefferson, but it's really a 1/10 track, a little too small for 1/8 IMO.

Subscribed!
__________________
//SCRT10//Crt.5e//XT8//Mini E-Revo//Brushless 3.3 Maxx//FLM/UE E-Maxx//Critters Raceway-NJ
www.soundcloud.com/sloracer1080 // www.audiotool.com/user/sloracer1080 - My hobby on the side, check it out.
SloRacer1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
marshon50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 892
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default specific

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGus71 View Post
Looking to build an indoor track in North Jersey around Passaic County area. It will be close to major highways like RT80, 46, and 23. There will be a fully stocked hobby shop on site. The track will be open to practice or play the same hours the hobby shop is open with racing on weekends.
We would like a place large enough to run 1/8 scale. Rent isn't cheap around here so I'm looking for feedback on how many people would be interested in it.
If you were more specific, you'd get better feedback. What type of racing, on road or off road, dirt or carpet, oval or roadcourse, what scale, etcetera.
__________________
Thank you sponsors:
Werks Racing, 30% Race Blend Nitro Fuel, Werks B6 and Pro, B5 and Pro, B2, Pro Clutch
Hobby Pro USA, Agama USA, VP-Pro, Beta Racing Tires
Hobbymasters, Red Bank, NJ
Venom Group
marshon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
BigGus71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,115
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRacer1080 View Post
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! As long as there is off road.

There is a big gap in this area. You have to go at least an hour either north towards Barnstormers in NY, or south towards Jackson RC and Trax 70, or west out to Trains and Lanes. There isn't really anything that I know of around here. There is Dirtrunners up in Jefferson, but it's really a 1/10 track, a little too small for 1/8 IMO.

Subscribed!
Those are my thoughts exactly. Need something that people don't have to travel hours to get to.
We can swing a smaller place to run 1/10 scale but if it seems a lot of people are interested then we would want to go large enough for 1/8.
BigGus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
BigGus71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,115
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshon50 View Post
If you were more specific, you'd get better feedback. What type of racing, on road or off road, dirt or carpet, oval or roadcourse, what scale, etcetera.
It's gonna be off road dirt 1/10 and possibly 1/8. As of now it's electric but we would have to look into exhaust systems for nitro. I'd love to run nitro since the majority of what I own is nitro.
BigGus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
G_WORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North, Jersey
Posts: 2,677
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshon50 View Post
If you were more specific, you'd get better feedback. What type of racing, on road or off road, dirt or carpet, oval or roadcourse, what scale, etcetera.
marshon all u need to know its all things you like.
__________________
Crispy Critters Hobby Shop & Raceway
Mugen MBX7R / AE B6D / TLR 22-4 2.0
G_WORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
BigGus71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,115
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_WORD View Post
marshon all u need to know its all things you like.
maybe even more!
BigGus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Toiffel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,169
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Marshon, do you race anymore??? Last I heard, you were on your way to South America to promote Werks engines!!!!...........just busting barney....lol
__________________
Esteban "BBQ" Baquero

Barry "Barely" Goodwin's worst nightmare.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
jrz93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Oh I'm all in race hyper tt 4wd n 2wd buggy!!! 1/8 electric and be open during the week for practice ill be there all the time!!!!
__________________
---NEMO RACING USA--BULLITT--BETA TIRES--CRITTERS HOBBYSHOP--HOBBYWING--TRINITY--TOBAMEISTER PAINT--NYRT--GMK Supply--
--Critters Raceway--Barnstormers Raceway--360v2 Raceway
jrz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
Tech Elite
 
BigGus71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,115
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz93 View Post
Oh I'm all in race hyper tt 4wd n 2wd buggy!!! 1/8 electric and be open during the week for practice ill be there all the time!!!!
Ok cool!
BigGus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #11
Tech Master
 
critterracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Inside of Critters
Posts: 1,793
Default

ok ill play along.
what if there was a gold club membership limited to say 20 people, who would have to submit an application to be approved by the club. You would receive unlimited access to the track 24-7. Obviously there would be no store access if your there after hours. you would be aloud 1 quest to help or spectate.

chosen club members policing fellow selected members.

For this gold membership cost is $100 per month.

normal fee would be $10 per day during normal store hour, what ever they turn out to be.

so if your a dedicated rc'er that membership really is GOLD

these members would also have say in track layout. maybe you'll be able to pick out a special pit spot all your own for race day.

just a couple of thoughts to throw out there

Aldo
critterracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
jrz93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by critterracing View Post
ok ill play along.
what if there was a gold club membership limited to say 20 people, who would have to submit an application to be approved by the club. You would receive unlimited access to the track 24-7. Obviously there would be no store access if your there after hours. you would be aloud 1 quest to help or spectate.

chosen club members policing fellow selected members.

For this gold membership cost is $100 per month.

normal fee would be $10 per day during normal store hour, what ever they turn out to be.

so if your a dedicated rc'er that membership really is GOLD

these members would also have say in track layout. maybe you'll be able to pick out a special pit spot all your own for race day.

just a couple of thoughts to throw out there

Aldo
Wow u beat me to it aldo Iol
Well I would like the club aspect dues and such and I know rent is not cheap in this area but $100 a month is steep for practice if it was for practice and racing I'd do it and as I told u I would help you build and promote the track!!! My carpet cars are going to be for sale tonight!!
As for the location is it finalized? I saw some pics on ur flickr acct is that it? If so leave the couch!!! Lmao!!!!!
__________________
---NEMO RACING USA--BULLITT--BETA TIRES--CRITTERS HOBBYSHOP--HOBBYWING--TRINITY--TOBAMEISTER PAINT--NYRT--GMK Supply--
--Critters Raceway--Barnstormers Raceway--360v2 Raceway
jrz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #13
Tech Master
 
critterracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Inside of Critters
Posts: 1,793
Default

hey calm down its not me. im just thowing idea at you guys.

well this membership would be for the hardcore. if you come just 3 times a week then your already over $100. i know tons of peeps who would show up at opening and wouldnt leave till closing. everyday.

if you only need a couple days then pay as you go type of thing. was also thinking of a time clock. punch yourself in and out and just pay for the time used.

remember not everyone works as much as you lol.

racing is a total separate animal. im talking club. for some reason everyone i talk to wants a club. christ im a member of 4 clubs myself.

for racing i see it happening on saturdays. start early. big events once a month.

cash races during the week maybe. $5 per race winner takes all.

jeez this isnt even my thread lol.
critterracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #14
Tech Master
 
SloRacer1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Madison, NJ
Posts: 1,441
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz93 View Post
Wow u beat me to it aldo Iol
Well I would like the club aspect dues and such and I know rent is not cheap in this area but $100 a month is steep for practice if it was for practice and racing I'd do it and as I told u I would help you build and promote the track!!! My carpet cars are going to be for sale tonight!!
As for the location is it finalized? I saw some pics on ur flickr acct is that it? If so leave the couch!!! Lmao!!!!!
+1
I agree about the club dues idea, like jrz said, rent's expensive. I'm down to help build the track. I've been dying to have a track closer to home. I already know at least one other person who would most likely jump on getting a membership too. I need all the practice I can get right now
__________________
//SCRT10//Crt.5e//XT8//Mini E-Revo//Brushless 3.3 Maxx//FLM/UE E-Maxx//Critters Raceway-NJ
www.soundcloud.com/sloracer1080 // www.audiotool.com/user/sloracer1080 - My hobby on the side, check it out.
SloRacer1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
Tech Elite
 
jrz93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by critterracing View Post
hey calm down its not me. im just thowing idea at you guys.

well this membership would be for the hardcore. if you come just 3 times a week then your already over $100. i know tons of peeps who would show up at opening and wouldnt leave till closing. everyday.

if you only need a couple days then pay as you go type of thing. was also thinking of a time clock. punch yourself in and out and just pay for the time used.

remember not everyone works as much as you lol.

racing is a total separate animal. im talking club. for some reason everyone i talk to wants a club. christ im a member of 4 clubs myself.

for racing i see it happening on saturdays. start early. big events once a month.

cash races during the week maybe. $5 per race winner takes all.

jeez this isnt even my thread lol.
I'm up for a track run by the racers!!! A majority /club aspect is the correct way have meetings to discuss ideas is great and sat to stay off the barn fri nights is great cause then we got options n more times n places to run....are u hearing this big gus???
I'm glad that big gus is open to ideas good ideas aldo I hope big gus is watching
__________________
---NEMO RACING USA--BULLITT--BETA TIRES--CRITTERS HOBBYSHOP--HOBBYWING--TRINITY--TOBAMEISTER PAINT--NYRT--GMK Supply--
--Critters Raceway--Barnstormers Raceway--360v2 Raceway
jrz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread -R2- Electric Off-Road 4125 10-16-2017 08:29 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net