Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback >

New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback

New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback

Old 01-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by critterracing
im sure the new owner of this track doesnt want to smell exhaust all day every day.
pine tree air fresheners.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I would definitley say start off small and grow as you need. I race onroad 80% of the time and 20% offroad. When i do race i go to LIR. I'm in the about 45 minutes from LIR and about 45 minutes from Passaic.

If you race you know in the summer people like to go out side no matter how good the facility is. So keep that in mind. I love the hobby and have often thought about opening my own place. I applaude you for going at this. It's a dream for a lot of us. I hope this works out.

I use to race at 360 which was probably the best facility ever built on the east coast. Door closed after a year or so. They had big screen tv's a kitchen and awesome pits. I now race at Horsham week after week. They have heat and a bathroom. 30+ racers every week. The have kept their doors open for the second winter.

I look forward to your doors opening. I have a Kyosho SC-R and a RB5 SP that need to get run.

Regards
Jerry
Old 01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uncle everett
Just like anything guys look before you leap! Bullshit walks $ talks. Keep it very low budget and slowly build things nicer if $ allows.

I've got a million guys who come out to race very in frequently. 1/8th scalers don't race enough by us, they just talk about it alot. Just be sure your clear where the $ will come from.
Don't get me wrong, not looking to build the taj mahal, but if there's not much difference in cost between a building that can fit an 1/8 scale track it only makes sense to get it. I see a bunch of people driving 1 hour, 2 hours or more to race. If we can give them the same thing locally (since there is nothing else around) I can see it becoming popular.
Originally Posted by uncle everett
Build it they will come, don't be stupid. Understand your demographic they are not high rollers so their incomes are very sporadic. $400 on equipment is nothing, but race fees are gone for the month so you'll not see that racer for a month.

Everybody is a player until you need to grab a shovel. ;-)
As for demographic, there are a bunch of very well off towns all with in a 15 minute drive. I see a ton of spoiled kids that mom and dad will buy them anything they want.
There is a good core group of guys behind this that won't have a problem grabbing a shovel.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

jerry what happened to 360? where were they located??

horsham looks to be onroad only correct?

for me onroad only is a ticket to bankruptcy court. like kendell from amain said 80 percent of this biz is offroad. he couldn't keep his onroad track going had to switch to offroad.

summer would be tough. i would defiantly agree on that.

hopefully biggus71 wont get to disappointed with all the talk of tracks that dont make it.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

jerry what happened to 360? where were they located??

horsham looks to be onroad only correct?

for me onroad only is a ticket to bankruptcy court. like kendell from amain said 80 percent of this biz is offroad. he couldn't keep his onroad track going had to switch to offroad.

summer would be tough. i would defiantly agree on that.

hopefully biggus71 wont get to disappointed with all the talk of tracks that dont make it.
360 was located in Babylon Long Island. The money wasnt coming in so it had to close it's doors. On road can be expesive but so can 1/8th scale dirt. So it's just a choice on where you want to spend your money.

I hope there is no dissapointment for anyone. This is a thread meant for people to voice opinons. I feel it would be great to have a track in northern NJ. There is an awesome Mini Z track in Saddle brook already so now adding an offroad track to northern NJ would be awesome.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

[QUOTE=BigGus71;8519892]Don't get me wrong, not looking to build the taj mahal, QUOTE]

why not you got bank.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerry P
I would definitley say start off small and grow as you need. I race onroad 80% of the time and 20% offroad. When i do race i go to LIR. I'm in the about 45 minutes from LIR and about 45 minutes from Passaic.

If you race you know in the summer people like to go out side no matter how good the facility is. So keep that in mind. I love the hobby and have often thought about opening my own place. I applaude you for going at this. It's a dream for a lot of us. I hope this works out.

I use to race at 360 which was probably the best facility ever built on the east coast. Door closed after a year or so. They had big screen tv's a kitchen and awesome pits. I now race at Horsham week after week. They have heat and a bathroom. 30+ racers every week. The have kept their doors open for the second winter.

I look forward to your doors opening. I have a Kyosho SC-R and a RB5 SP that need to get run.

Regards
Jerry
I can tell you on road isn't very popular around here and I'm aware of people wanting to run outdoor in the summer. I know people would want to run their stuff other then race days, people just showing up to play, or people who want to try tweaking stuff.
I hope it works also, like I said, I see how many people travel to race and how many people want to race but don't want to travel.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=G_WORD;8519962]
Originally Posted by BigGus71
Don't get me wrong, not looking to build the taj mahal, QUOTE]

why not you got bank.
Aldo took my bank.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=G_WORD;8519962]
Don't get me wrong, not looking to build the taj mahal, QUOTE]

why not you got bank.
Speaking of bank, I gotta talk to you about making money. I'm gonna try to stop in tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Biggus maybe try just a smaller location with a month to month lease and see how that goes. I know it next to impossible to get a month to month but he might be willing on the smaller location.

If it works after a year move it to the larger spot. You said you had shovels lol.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

I can tell you on road isn't very popular around here and I'm aware of people wanting to run outdoor in the summer. I know people would want to run their stuff other then race days, people just showing up to play, or people who want to try tweaking stuff.
I hope it works also, like I said, I see how many people travel to race and how many people want to race but don't want to travel.
I hate to travel 2 hours each way but i do it because i love to race. I go to Horsham and Jackson most of the year. I plan on running some off road after i get back from the Snowbirds. I'm burned out from preparing for the snowbirds. Hope to hear some new details soon.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Biggus maybe try just a smaller location with a month to month lease and see how that goes. I know it next to impossible to get a month to month but he might be willing on the smaller location.

If it works after a year move it to the larger spot. You said you had shovels lol.
The way the economy is people do 6 month leases. I doubt you want to keep moving the dirt around.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

I'll be ok. I have a feeling once the word gets out good things will happen.
I look at it this way, if it's a place where people can come all week long, practice, and get better then they would be more confident to race. I know if racing will be held on weekends it will be good, I'm thinking of the other 6 days of the week getting people on the track. The more time people get on the track, the more they will spend in the hobby shop. Not looking to make it sound like it's all about a dollar, but everyone knows things break and having a fully stocked shop will be a bonus. People prefer to buy stuff on the spot instead of waiting for something to be delivered.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

That's one of the reasons I'm testing the waters here. If it doesn't sound like there's a future in it then definitely start small. If the owner is willing to work something out with a little bit larger space, since he isn't making money with it empty, then shoot for the larger.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerry P
I hate to travel 2 hours each way but i do it because i love to race. I go to Horsham and Jackson most of the year. I plan on running some off road after i get back from the Snowbirds. I'm burned out from preparing for the snowbirds. Hope to hear some new details soon.
That's what I'm talking about, cutting out the long drive for a lot of people. If someone has to get up at 5:00 - 5:30AM 5 days a week do you think they want to do it on the weekend then drive 2 to 3 hours?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.