R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #271
Tech Regular
 
RickyBobby619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Raceway View Post
Ricky

Sorry for the misunderstanding, like we posted before its our mistake and we most definetly did not want it to turn into this. Once again our apology Ricky if I failed to completly clarify this in the drivers meeting.

Lets leave this here on the thread, where we CAN openly discuss matters, and lets have a great Race 3 of the Spring Shootout Series. We will in NO WAY tolerate anybody acting like a bully or threatening ANYONE at the track! If we here it or sense it you will leaving immedietly!

Yes we changed the track a little, in my opinion it is way better, and it is ready for practice on Wednesday.

Gary Guest
HAHA no worries Gary. You have definitely played a big part in the fun and excitement at ARC. And I appreciate what you and Dan give us in the hobby. As for bullying or threatening I don't play the part... I voiced my opinion on here because I saw questions being simply asked by Twan to get a better understanding and in return him getting bashed and threatened when it was totally uncalled for. Especially when all in all its toy cars and a hobby!!! When it comes down to it I really don't care for points and or prizes at big races because people like to lower there class (sandbag) just to benefit themselves in the long run and snake the prizes from those deserving of them in reality. I do it for fun not the glory... sure its awesome to win races but its not a profession its a hobby so I take what I get and am happy to burn some nitro and race with fellow friends and racers...
Ha and I'm out... peace...
__________________
KYOSHO MP9, AKA, FUTABA, ORION,
SWORKZ S350T, O.S.
RickyBobby619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #272
Tech Regular
 
RickyBobby619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON A MISSION View Post
WOW Let's get it out there My name is Anthony Howarth. Harley i could careless who you are, or spend any of my time looking at your lap times. This is no way a attack on you personally. This would have been posted if it was GARY GUEST himself. We have spoken actually right after the race when i asked you if you pitted and you said YES. THis is the reason i have knowledge of the events that night as we were trying to understand where you came from to finish second.This was asked by many of the racer's in your race. Just not to your face like i did. Dan and Gary Had the meeting with you ( ALL THE SPORTSMAN DRIVERS ) and all of the people at my table were told your first race was a throwout among all the racers asking what that was all about. This being the reason other's commented on the points in this thread ARC RACEWAY. That's what the forum's are for communication. Anthony Howarth AKA ON A MISSION
WERD!!!
__________________
KYOSHO MP9, AKA, FUTABA, ORION,
SWORKZ S350T, O.S.
RickyBobby619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #273
HH
Tech Fanatic
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 750
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby619
First and for most it was a nitro heat so it shouldn't of had to be announced...
First and foremost it is the Sportsman Buggy class that I race in because my skill level is that of a Sportsman.

My position has already been clearly stated regarding the fact that in this particular race, for the first time ever in my history of racing at ARC, there was no pre-race notice or reminder that all electric buggies would be called in to pit at approx the 7 minute marker, and in fact I was never called in to pit at any point in this race even though the standard procedure at ARC Raceway since I began racing has always been to receive a pre-race notice and then actually be called in about half-way through the race by the Announcer/Race Director 100% of the time.

Once again, I am not saying this somehow relieves me of my responsibility to make a simulated pit stop, and it is not intended to be an excuse, but rather as a simple explanation about some of the circumstances that were contributing factors in my forgetting to make a pit stop.


Quote:
... but regardless almost all e buggy drivers know that when racing in a nitro heat get called in for a 5 second hold on the wall why would this race be an exception? That's what I question...
Again, I race in the Sportsman Buggy class!

And you are correct, this race is not an exception! When electric and nitro buggies are in the same race at ARC almost all e buggy drivers know they will get called in for a simulated pit stop.

The key words in your statement are "get called in".

I will take this opportunity to also point out that you've never had to hear me whine about the 5-seconds on the wall which I know is giving up some time to the fastest fuel stops of my competitors. In the Sportsman Buggy A-Main in round 2 of this series I was called in to pit with no other cars on pit lane and the two buggies that were approx 2 to 3-seconds behind me also came in to pit, by the time I was counted down and taken off the wall both of these competitors had fueled and were already exiting pit lane back on to the track costing me two positions. Is that fair? Of course not, but it doesn't have any impact on my life or prevent me from having fun racing.

Quote:
Most times not following rules of a race calls for a DQ not taking off seconds... IMHO?
I don't disagree with you here. "Most times" DQ would probably be in order for most rule violations. Although, it should never call for a DQ at "all times" regardless of the infraction. That would be not make any sense given the fact that as humans we have the ability to reason and there are many different levels of severity for rule violations. In those cases where it is clear that a driver blatantly and intentionally violated a well established rule of a race in order to improve their position, I think almost everyone would agree that disqualification is in order. However I believe any unbiased person would conclude that is clearly not the case in this matter and the corrections already made by Dan and Gary are totally fair for everyone that it concerns.


Quote:
Not really creating drama... jus putting facts out there and myself and others get it but Wow racing toy cars has resulted in threats?
... I agree but why make threats if it is toy cars and a family fun hobby?
Yes, you and anthony are creating unnecessary drama by continuing with all of this inflammatory dialogue.

I cannot help you with how you choose to interpret things and regardless of any "spin" you may try to put on it, there has been no threats of any kind made by me that have anything to do with the fact that, for me this is a family hobby that is supposed to be about having fun racing toy cars. (although dealing with all of this pointless drama sure is a fun killer)

(Hypothetical)
Suppose you throw the first stone at someone and that person does not throw one back at you, but instead they choose to give you a fair warning that if any more stones are hurled in their direction that will be considered as an offensive and hostile attack by you and that they will defend themselves by any means necessary and that the outcome will surely be regretful for all involved.
Who do you think is in the wrong in this scenario?
Do you consider the issuing of the fair warning to be a threat? I don't.
I consider that to be a form of kindness and consideration. I think the person throwing stones is the one issuing threats and it is their fully informed choices that will control the direction this scenario takes. Don't throw stones, its bad for everyone.

Quote:
But honestly why was a e buggy in the nitro class when they had there own class?


Again, we are discussing the Sportsman Buggy class, there is no nitro class.

Ever since brushless motors and LiPo batteries became the standard for electric RC vehicles, 1:8 scale Electric and Nitro off-road buggies have been competing against each other at ARC Raceway as well as at the majority of all RC racetracks across the country, in classes that are based on the skill level of the drivers which is the proper way to classify RC racing. The differences in race times/lap times between driver skill levels is enormous and the differences in race times/lap times between a 1:8 scale electric buggy and a 1:8 scale nitro buggy is virtually non-existent. If there is any measurable advantage it goes to the nitro buggies being approx. 0.5 seconds per lap faster on average than the electric buggies (I'd be happy to send copies of the detailed racing data that supports this to any one that wants it).

And you (Ricky Bobby) have been competing in the Sportsman Buggy class against me ever since I first began racing yet I have never heard of you protesting this at any time prior to this. It is interesting though that the first and the only time I have managed to finish in front of your nitro buggy with my electric buggy is also the first time you've chosen to protest about nitro and electric racing together. (albeit 5 weeks after the fact )

Yes, there has been a Open Electric Buggy class offered at ARC during the Spring Shootout but that does not qualify as being a replacement for classes based on driver skill level. You should request them to offer a Open Nitro Buggy class which would be the only true equivalent if it is to be fair.

Quote:
And in the private sportsman meeting I was under the impression that all e buggies running in the nitro class... there first race would be a throwout....
Gary addressed this in his recent post and it was also clearly stated at that meeting.

I'm sure most people are tired of this, especially Dan and Gary, (I know I am) with the only exceptions apparently being those who insist on creating the drama by diggin' up bones and makin' mountains out of mole hills... do us all a favor and move on with your life because this horse was beat to death a long time ago. Lets get back to having fun racing toy cars.
__________________
KYOSHO MP9 TKI3 | O.S. Speed XZ-B .21 ~ O.S. 2090 | KO Propo RSx

"If it's worth doin'... it's worth doin' it right" - Chip Jett
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #274
Tech Regular
 
revrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Yes, there has been a Open Electric Buggy class offered at ARC during the Spring Shootout but that does not qualify as being a replacement for classes based on driver skill level. You should request them to offer a Open Nitro Buggy class which would be the only true equivalent if it is to be fair.
Not that I really want to get involved, but this statement is completely false. There is a "sportsman buggy" class for any and all "sportsman" drivers but it is definitely implied that it is a "nitro" class. The electric guys race in this class when there are not enough of them to form their own class. In the case of the Spring Shootout, there IS an "electric buggy" class and all "electric buggy's" should be racing that class ONLY. It would be great if there were enough electric buggy's to be able to split the class into skill levels but since there are not you have to race with everyone else that has the EXACT SAME CAR YOU DO. Its kiind of like the good old days when everyone raced each other and if you were the best "sportsman driver out there" you won the "C" main. If for some reason, 10 "Pro" Truggy's show up and only one "Sportsman" Truggy, would it then be OK for the single Sportsman Truggy to now race the "Sportsman Buggy" Class? After all, it is the only class that matches the drivers skill level. I personally think the one single "Sportsman" driver should race with the rest of the drivers that are wheeling the EXACT SAME CAR. That seems fair to me.
__________________
Brandon
-Kyosho America - Team Orion - AKA - VP Powermaster Fuel - DE Racing
revrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #275
Tech Addict
 
sugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrace View Post
Not that I really want to get involved, but this statement is completely false. There is a "sportsman buggy" class for any and all "sportsman" drivers but it is definitely implied that it is a "nitro" class. The electric guys race in this class when there are not enough of them to form their own class. In the case of the Spring Shootout, there IS an "electric buggy" class and all "electric buggy's" should be racing that class ONLY. It would be great if there were enough electric buggy's to be able to split the class into skill levels but since there are not you have to race with everyone else that has the EXACT SAME CAR YOU DO. Its kiind of like the good old days when everyone raced each other and if you were the best "sportsman driver out there" you won the "C" main. If for some reason, 10 "Pro" Truggy's show up and only one "Sportsman" Truggy, would it then be OK for the single Sportsman Truggy to now race the "Sportsman Buggy" Class? After all, it is the only class that matches the drivers skill level. I personally think the one single "Sportsman" driver should race with the rest of the drivers that are wheeling the EXACT SAME CAR. That seems fair to me.

I have to agree with Brandon here. This is a no win situation when you run nitro and electric together, especially at a series race with prizes on the line. There are too many differences between the two that cause advantages and disadvantages for both. I can refuel an 1/8th scale in 3-4 seconds, and I know some really fast pit guys who can do it faster, so electrics get penalized 1-2 seconds. I can also screw up a pit stop, cause a flame out, and now it takes 10-15 seconds to get the car back on the track, where an electric "pit stop" can never be screwed up (except by a complete knucklehead).

For regular club race days I don't really care and it has worked just fine. For a series race, just can't do it.
__________________
- Associated B4.1 Worlds -
- Associated SC10 FT -
- Associated SC10 4x4 -
- Mugen MBX6 Alpha F850 -
- Nomadio Sensor - Hitec servos - Panther tires - DE Racing -
sugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #276
Tech Regular
 
RickyBobby619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Haha this sh!t is funny... you call my name out and say I have a problem and only bring it up because for once you beat me? When the fact of the matter is you only did because you chose not to pit for one race in the past couple years. So yes you crossed the line ahead of me at the end but in reality only because you didn't stop for your mandatory pit... like I've said I really don't care! The reason I chose to post is because your story was a lil off and thought I would reply with facts I knew... and Anthony Howarth aka ON A MISSION was asking simple questions to Gary and you come in and try to bash him... and I don't care what you say but yes you threw the threat out there for no reason...
__________________
KYOSHO MP9, AKA, FUTABA, ORION,
SWORKZ S350T, O.S.
RickyBobby619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #277
Tech Regular
 
RickyBobby619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey BIG TIME... what's your plan for this weekend? I need you to teach me those killer wheel moves you had at rev that one race... you remember them still
__________________
KYOSHO MP9, AKA, FUTABA, ORION,
SWORKZ S350T, O.S.
RickyBobby619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #278
Tech Adept
 
ARC Raceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Temecula California
Posts: 197
Default

This comes directly from Dan Cole Owner of ARC Raceway.

"Its unfortunate that this has to be this way but after extensive thought and reading all theses posts the decision is clear to me. The previous posts in my opinion were direct bodily threats masked in an educated appeal and I will not allow this to trickle into my facility and make any of our racers uncomfortable, or be bullied by personal attitudes during race days at ARC Raceway. We work very hard to privide a good family valued enviroment and I will NOT be pressed to accomodate the opposite at MY place of business!"

"Mr. Hall please e-mail us your address and we will refund your money for the previous 2 Spring Shootout Series races, your points are disqualified and a 30 day break from ARC Raceway is in effect for you, from today May 18 2011 until June 17 2011 Its unfortunate to do this out in the open like this but after careful consideration it is the only way to squash this matter entirely."

"This is my final decision and I, nor any ARC Raceway affiliate will post any further replies in regard to this matter."

"Now lets have a great Race 3 of the Spring Shootout Series"

Sincerely,

Dan Cole
__________________
Best Regards,
ARC Raceway
www.arcraceway.com
[email protected]
951-760-4573
ARC Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #279
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 776
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Looking to possibly start racing with my son at ARC and wanted to know how many trucks race in 2WD Spec Short Course class on average?

Thanks,
Steve
SoCalSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #280
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 776
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Looking at getting these to race with.

Team Associated SC10RS 1/10 Scale RTR Brushless Electric 2WD Short Course Truck

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext

and

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext
SoCalSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #281
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: temecula
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Those will work just fine,and there is always a 2 wd sc class ,my son races in that class
frankrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #282
Tech Adept
 
ARC Raceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Temecula California
Posts: 197
Default



Lane changes for this weekend!
__________________
Best Regards,
ARC Raceway
www.arcraceway.com
[email protected]
951-760-4573
ARC Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #283
Tech Adept
 
ARC Raceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Temecula California
Posts: 197
Default

More prizes for the Spring Shootout Series are rolling in!!














__________________
Best Regards,
ARC Raceway
www.arcraceway.com
[email protected]
951-760-4573
ARC Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #284
Tech Elite
 
Dusttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Forest
Posts: 2,303
Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Raceway View Post


Lane changes for this weekend!
Man these layouts look like they would be a blast for 10th scale buggy too. Has anyone tried it? Wish I could race this weekend. =(
__________________
"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot"
Dusttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #285
Tech Master
 
trx450racer174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moreno Valley,CA
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Track looks great!!!
Hope to see all my bros out tomorrow.
__________________
E.K.D. RC Paint Work
Team Serpent USA, Desoto Racing , Team DE Racing, Team Hitec, Team Trakpower, Futaba, Team AKA, TrackstarRC.
trx450racer174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JBRL ELECTRIC OFFROAD RACING SERIES What up? California Racing 643 11-30-2011 08:37 AM
2011 JBRL Nitro series sickboy California Racing 55 11-10-2011 12:23 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net