R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #256
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Arc Hey whats up with Harley Halls points in the 1st round nitro sportsman buggy ? Thought those were a throwout Gary
Punch Fuels
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #257
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON A MISSION View Post
Arc Hey whats up with Harley Halls points in the 1st round nitro sportsman buggy ? Thought those were a throwout Gary
Top 4 look a little funky!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #258
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So on a club night i am guessing Electric doesnt have its own class. My buddy is going to run sportsman so is there any reason i cant run with the Experts so i can pit for him?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #259
Tech Adept

In the meeting we said IF any other electric buggies move into the nitro class then all electric buggies from round will have a zero for points. No one else moved and therfore the points stay for Harley. All I can do is apologize for our original mistake at this point.
[email protected]
951-760-4573
ARC Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #260
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

New track for next round ?
travertini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #261
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

We had a good day of practice yesterday. A few familiar faces showed up.

Gary proved that the 11 Spec 808 is lethal in the right hands (just not my hands) as he ticked off 28 second laps with my car after we worked on some set-up changes.

Also, Gary said he does plan to make a couple lane changes before next week as long as mother nature permits.

Last edited by strngdze; 05-15-2011 at 01:41 PM.
strngdze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #262
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

+1
definitely a nice relaxed day at the track.
I did see Gary ripping some nice laps in your 808. I've got a ways to go with only a handful of 32's
OFNA Hyper 9e
RacerMike42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #263
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Raceway View Post
In the meeting we said IF any other electric buggies move into the nitro class then all electric buggies from round will have a zero for points. No one else moved and therfore the points stay for Harley. All I can do is apologize for our original mistake at this point.
Some of the people that attended the meeting were under the impression that His points for round one were thrown out and would not count, Because of his lying about not pitting during the main which would have obviously changed his position by more than one spot. Because of the high level of competition.Cheat first, see if anyones watching
Punch Fuels
Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #264
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON A MISSION View Post
Some of the people that attended the meeting were under the impression that His points for round one were thrown out and would not count, Because of his lying about not pitting during the main which would have obviously changed his position by more than one spot. Because of the high level of competition.Cheat first, see if anyones watching
Ok dude.. thats enough! Man you really are "ON A MISSION"!

Are you serious??!! I'm not even sure who you are but I am sure that you don't know me, yet you have the nerve to call me a liar and a cheat?! Having contempt prior to investigation is a very foolish choice indeed!

As the result of searching back in this thread I am pretty sure your name anthony ho wart? If so, I thought you raced in the Pro class? Why is it you're so concerned with the Sportsman Class?

You must have an ulterior motive or some type of hidden agenda here that I am unaware of because there really is no cause for you to provoke me in this manner with your slanderous insults. We don't race against each other, we've never had any conflicts with each other and I don't think we have ever spoken to one another as far as I know, but I guess it is possible because I'm not even sure what you look like.

Yet, you're saying that you are so obsessed with my business that you actually tracked me on every single lap of the Sportsman Buggy A-main while there were also 13 other buggies on the track?? That is weird.

Please Note: I do not answer to you anthony nor am I offering any of the following explanation for your benefit. I am somewhat baffled by your insistence to create drama over something as insignificant as racing toy cars at the Sportsman level, and which was totally rectified more than one month ago. Your incessant whining leaves me no choice other than to reply in order to set the record straight and to not allow your slanderous remarks to go unanswered. I don't know you anthony and I would prefer to keep it that way. I will kindly advise you just this one time, to refrain from making any further insults of any type that are directed at me and in fact you would be well advised to keep my name from coming out of your mouth completely, otherwise your actions will force us to get acquainted in a hurry. Your choice.

For the record, I finished in 2nd place and as a result of my unintentional failure to make a pit stop, my total race time was adjusted to include the additional time it would have taken for the simulated pit stop. Since the top four finishers were only a few seconds apart, the only two drivers who were affected by this (4th pl Ricky Bobby and 3rd pl Reven Gary) were each moved up one place in the finishing order (3rd pl and 2nd pl respectively) and my revised total race time correctly placed me two positions down in the finishing order which is 4th place overall. The 5th place finisher was more than a lap down and was unaffected by this revision.

Dan and Gary are fully aware of all of the facts and the circumstances surrounding my unintentional failure to pit in the Sportsman Buggy A-Main Event and they were never lied to by me at any point. As Dan Cole will confirm, I agree with the rule and have always complied each and every time he has called me in to pit (as he has always done) since my very first race which was at ARC just less than two years ago.

However, this particular event was the first and only time for me that there was no pre-race announcement notifying me that I would be called in to pit at approx. the 7 minute marker and in fact I was never called in to pit at any point in this race as I always have been in every other race I have ever been in at ARC Raceway. As I told Dan and Gary, in hindsight, the thought of pitting briefly crossed my mind very early, but then as the race progressed my concentration became more intense with the top four positions only seconds apart, and the next thing I know our names were being called "done". I am not saying that any of this relieves me of my responsibility to make a simulated pit stop, I am simply explaining the circumstances that were involved in leading up to the failure to pit, as it was far more innocent than what "ON A MISSION" has stated. As Dan and Gary can also confirm, I have never opposed their revision of my total race time and finishing position which they corrected within days of this event.

This is supposed to be a family fun hobby, and I for one plan for it to continue being just that.

"If it's worth doin'... it's worth doin' it right" - Chip Jett
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #265
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

get out the popcorn,this is gonna be a good one
frankrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #266
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post

Are you serious??!! I'm not even sure who you are but I am sure that you don't know me, yet you have the nerve to call me a liar and a cheat?! Having contempt prior to investigation is a very foolish choice indeed!

As the result of searching back in this thread I am pretty sure your name anthony ho wart? If so, I thought you raced in the Pro class? Why is it you're so concerned with the Sportsman Class?

You must have an ulterior motive or some type of hidden agenda here that I am unaware of because there really is no cause for you to provoke me in this manner with your slanderous insults. We don't race against each other, we've never had any conflicts with each other and I don't think we have ever spoken to one another as far as I know, but I guess it is possible because I'm not even sure what you look like.

Yet, you're saying that you are so obsessed with my business that you actually tracked me on every single lap of the Sportsman Buggy A-main while there were also 13 other buggies on the track?? That is weird.

Please Note: I do not answer to you anthony nor am I offering any of the following explanation for your benefit. I am somewhat baffled by your insistence to create drama over something as insignificant as racing toy cars at the Sportsman level, and which was totally rectified more than one month ago. Your incessant whining leaves me no choice other than to reply in order to set the record straight and to not allow your slanderous remarks to go unanswered. I don't know you anthony and I would prefer to keep it that way. I will kindly advise you just this one time, to refrain from making any further insults of any type that are directed at me and in fact you would be well advised to keep my name from coming out of your mouth completely, otherwise your actions will force us to get acquainted in a hurry. Your choice.

For the record, I finished in 2nd place and as a result of my unintentional failure to make a pit stop, my total race time was adjusted to include the additional time it would have taken for the simulated pit stop. Since the top four finishers were only a few seconds apart, the only two drivers who were affected by this (4th pl Ricky Bobby and 3rd pl Reven Gary) were each moved up one place in the finishing order (3rd pl and 2nd pl respectively) and my revised total race time correctly placed me two positions down in the finishing order which is 4th place overall. The 5th place finisher was more than a lap down and was unaffected by this revision.

Dan and Gary are fully aware of all of the facts and the circumstances surrounding my unintentional failure to pit in the Sportsman Buggy A-Main Event and they were never lied to by me at any point. As Dan Cole will confirm, I agree with the rule and have always complied each and every time he has called me in to pit (as he has always done) since my very first race which was at ARC just less than two years ago.

However, this particular event was the first and only time for me that there was no pre-race announcement notifying me that I would be called in to pit at approx. the 7 minute marker and in fact I was never called in to pit at any point in this race as I always have been in every other race I have ever been in at ARC Raceway. As I told Dan and Gary, in hindsight, the thought of pitting briefly crossed my mind very early, but then as the race progressed my concentration became more intense with the top four positions only seconds apart, and the next thing I know our names were being called "done". I am not saying that any of this relieves me of my responsibility to make a simulated pit stop, I am simply explaining the circumstances that were involved in leading up to the failure to pit, as it was far more innocent than what "ON A MISSION" has stated. As Dan and Gary can also confirm, I have never opposed their revision of my total race time and finishing position which they corrected within days of this event.

This is supposed to be a family fun hobby, and I for one plan for it to continue being just that.
WOW Let's get it out there My name is Anthony Howarth. Harley i could careless who you are, or spend any of my time looking at your lap times. This is no way a attack on you personally. This would have been posted if it was GARY GUEST himself. We have spoken actually right after the race when i asked you if you pitted and you said YES. THis is the reason i have knowledge of the events that night as we were trying to understand where you came from to finish second.This was asked by many of the racer's in your race. Just not to your face like i did. Dan and Gary Had the meeting with you ( ALL THE SPORTSMAN DRIVERS ) and all of the people at my table were told your first race was a throwout among all the racers asking what that was all about. This being the reason other's commented on the points in this thread ARC RACEWAY. That's what the forum's are for communication. Anthony Howarth AKA ON A MISSION
Punch Fuels
Old 05-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #267
Tech Rookie

Braaaaaaaaaap!
Mike Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #268
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Haha why yes he is and always is...

Are you serious??!! I'm not even sure who you are but I am sure that you don't know me, yet you have the nerve to call me a liar and a cheat?! Having contempt prior to investigation is a very foolish choice indeed![/quote]

And actually I was sitting marshalling when he asked if you pitted and you answered yes so there for he shouldn't have to investigate because he was told by you that you didn't pit...

Because like everyone else they try to help Dan and Gary make sure everything is right and the rules are followed...

Yet, you're saying that you are so obsessed with my business that you actually tracked me on every single lap of the Sportsman Buggy A-main while there were also 13 other buggies on the track?? That is weird.[/quote]

You were the only e buggy on the track in a nitro only class so it wasn't even hard to not notice... even myself noticed no pit by you and I was racing and caught up in the moment...

Not really creating drama... jus putting facts out there and myself and others get it but Wow racing toy cars has resulted in threats?

Most times not following rules of a race calls for a DQ not taking off seconds... IMHO?

However, this particular event was the first and only time for me that there was no pre-race announcement notifying me that I would be called in to pit at approx. the 7 minute marker and in fact I was never called in to pit at any point in this race as I always have been in every other race I have ever been in at ARC Raceway. As I told Dan and Gary, in hindsight, the thought of pitting briefly crossed my mind very early, but then as the race progressed my concentration became more intense with the top four positions only seconds apart, and the next thing I know our names were being called "done". I am not saying that any of this relieves me of my responsibility to make a simulated pit stop, I am simply explaining the circumstances that were involved in leading up to the failure to pit, as it was far more innocent than what "ON A MISSION" has stated. As Dan and Gary can also confirm, I have never opposed their revision of my total race time and finishing position which they corrected within days of this event.[/quote]

First and for most it was a nitro heat so it shouldn't of had to be announced... but regardless almost all e buggy drivers know that when racing in a nitro heat get called in for a 5 second hold on the wall why would this race be an exception? That's what I question...

I agree but why make threats if it is toy cars and a family fun hobby?

But honestly why was a e buggy in the nitro class when they had there own class? And in the private sportsman meeting I was under the impression that all e buggies running in the nitro class... there first race would be a throwout....

Last edited by RickyBobby619; 05-17-2011 at 01:57 PM.
RickyBobby619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #269
Tech Adept

Ricky

Sorry for the misunderstanding, like we posted before its our mistake and we most definetly did not want it to turn into this. Once again our apology Ricky if I failed to completly clarify this in the drivers meeting.

Lets leave this here on the thread, where we CAN openly discuss matters, and lets have a great Race 3 of the Spring Shootout Series. We will in NO WAY tolerate anybody acting like a bully or threatening ANYONE at the track! If we here it or sense it you will leaving immedietly!

Yes we changed the track a little, in my opinion it is way better, and it is ready for practice on Wednesday.

Gary Guest
[email protected]
951-760-4573
ARC Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any pics of the changes? Looking forward to round 3 and some fun running e buggy!