Wiki Posts
Search

2 New tracks in little RI

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2 New tracks in little RI

Both tracks are located in Warren RI
1st track completed is at Darrlington hobby.
The track is behind the building. Not a bad setup ! Have run there a few times and had a good time great bunch of guys running a large variety of truck! 4wd slash the most popular.
2nd track is the second attempt
I finally got the land owner to go see the first track and now he has seen there is a demand for a place to race. Two years ago I tried to get him in but he didnt think the demand was there ! All the land has been cleared, measured. We came up with 80' length 40' w at one end and 50' at other end.
There will be oval racing on the outside of the track then the oval will have the option of being a road course in the center with the moving of two boundry walls.The plan is to be open by April. If this goes well there is a large building with some floor space that can be made availible for a carpet track.Also availible will be slot car racing (64th scale). If the demand is there we have some outdoor space availible for some crawlers.
So do me a favor and reply to this with your location so my partner can see more than what he saw at first track are interested.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Oval onroad or offroad? Either way, I'm not aware of any oval tracks that stay oval for long. There just isn't a demand for it.

I personally like to run outside, but weather is a huge factor. Indoors, a carpet track and dirt offroad track would be nice.

And, it's 1/2 hour away too.

There was another carpet track in North Kingstown, but nothing has been posted in a while about that one.

Either way, keep us updated.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

thnx for the reply During my research I found our area has no oval tracks, but they are everywhere else. Seems like as soon as you hit New England RC oval tracks kind of disappear. Ive read a few articles on how the dirt oval racing is making a come back out west and down south.So i wanted to include it in the track. A few guys Ive been bashn with have shown some interest. I want to make sure everyone is covered. The more options I put out there the more people we can get out there. Thats also the reason Ive looked into a crawling track. Was out the other day going over the property and found a spot to set up for some mud bogging rite next to where I want to setup the crawlers. I hope everything works out well, and what doesnt do well can be elliminated. As for the indoor part only going to have room for a med. size carpet track. Would like to do the same as outside, oval with road course in the center. It would be a little larger than RC Hovers indoor carpet track. I havnt been there in awhile. The last time I was there they had just finished the outdoor track out in the front lot, and they were using the old carpet store for the indoor track, not sure what they have going on ther now. I also just aquired a 1/10 scale drag tree with control box and individual lane timers. Hope to put in some type of strip for all those guys out there wanting to prove whos the fastest. Gona be like a amusment park for RC's. Something for everyone is my goal I will post progress as we go Pictures coming soon
Old 03-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default just a quick update on the newest ri track

broke ground 2day putting these pics up the first pic is what i started with and the second pic is half way through stage 1 of the what i figure to b a three stage project ! Hope to be open by the end of april weather permitting !! more pics coming soon
Attached Thumbnails 2 New tracks in little RI-b4-picture.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-halfway-through-stage-1.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-half-stand-set-up.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-front-straight-pit.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-stand.jpg  

Last edited by dereck123; 03-26-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: up date
Old 03-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dereck123
broke ground 2day putting these pics up the first pic is what i started with and the second pic is half way through stage 1 of the what i figure to b a three stage project ! Hope to be open by the end of april weather permitting !! more pics coming soon
this is great news. i have been looking for tracks in ri for along time. i have been bashing for two years now but want to get into racing. derick you have a pm.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dereck123
here are some more pics of my progress Snow this week slowed things up but going to hit it hard 2moro Shootn for copletion of front stretch turn 1 & 2 and a minimum of half of the back straight
Attached Thumbnails 2 New tracks in little RI-back-straight.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-stand.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-front-straight-pit.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-half-stand-set-up.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-b4-picture.jpg  

Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default got some more pics 4 u

Movin rite along every1 ! Started seting up lanes today ! Sorry to say we wont have the oval around the outside just not enough room at this point in time ! Maybe next season. So any way hope you can see the lanes havnt put down pipe yet but have raked short piles as dividers for now Need to bring in some material before pipe gets set down Will post more pics as we make more progress !As always i post the before pic.
Attached Thumbnails 2 New tracks in little RI-stand-final-corse-grid.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-corse-grid-2.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-3.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-4.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-b4-picture.jpg  

Old 03-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Once again snow slowin me down

We will be putting some loam down soon. Kind of wanted some rain to pack things down and let the rock come to the top again so it can be raked out. Hopefully I can get back out there satWillpost more pics. sat night
Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Is it an oval track?
Old 03-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Rookie

great
Old 04-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by K.Copeland
Is it an oval track?
No oval wasnt enough room When its complete its gona b a real nice 10th scale corr track. Might try for an oval next season.I have 20 yrds. of a good mix of sand clay and loam 2moro morn. Starting to do jumps and a good burm at the end of the 70 foot front straight. Will post pics 2moro night. You live close to here ?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

location of the second track? also is there going to be a charge for use?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

I'm about 30 min away.

Have an address for the track?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sydneysdad
location of the second track? also is there going to be a charge for use?
There will be a 10.00 charge for the day ! All proceeds will go rite back into the track. We still need to raise money for a transponder system. Looking into prices as we are building. The track is located in warren ri about 1 mile south of darrlington hobbies track. Hopping to form a couple seperate clubs so we can have turnies and go back n forth between tracks to keep it interesting for everyone involved ! Everyone likes the competition !! After 2moro the track should really start taking some shape. Have 20 yrds. of material coming in . My plan is to have half the track by days end !!
It all works on paper but we know how that goes I will be posting pics. 2moro night.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by K.Copeland
I'm about 30 min away.

Have an address for the track?
To be honest with you I know it as Steves Marine on market st. in warren ri Never checked the number of the building Pretty easy to find! Will post directions for opening day of general use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.