Wiki Posts
Search

Rockfield Adventures in Cincinnati Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtebbe
The scoring system is different than what you are used to. They provide a sticker that is similar to a anti-theft tag. As you pass under the scanner it reads your sticker and counts a lap. That is putting the whole things very simply.

I do not think that the track is open this Friday (Good Friday) or Sunday (Easter).
Thanks for the reply.
That makes better sense. As far as Friday, that really sucks because I have 3 others coming with me. Is this confirmed?

UPDATE

I have e-mailed Rockfield yesterday with no reply yet, so I called today about being open Friday. Don’t call the 304-1155 number! There was a women who answered and said that number was not related to Rockfield. Stick with the 335-1947

Last edited by babydaddy; 04-21-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We went on Sunday and they said at that time that they would be closed on Friday and Sunday.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Anyone know if they expanded the track yet?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default YES

Originally Posted by mumaluke
Anyone know if they expanded the track yet?
I ran into Cecil the other day at the hobby shop, he said the track is done and ready to run
Old 04-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Well that’s good news.
I e-mailed and called him again about this Friday the 29th being that I am bringing some people with me and wanted to be sure it’s ready but I have not gotten a reply. He must be a busy man.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

The track is not expanded yet. It was redone with a different layout, but not yet expanded. We went last night expecting the expansion and it was not done. Its been too wet for them to be able to get any fill to use to put in it. Until the weather cooperates, I'd expect it to be a while until it gets expanded.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

The track is not expanded yet. It was redone with a different layout, but not yet expanded. We went last night expecting the expansion and it was not done. Its been too wet for them to be able to get any fill to use to put in it. Until the weather cooperates, I'd expect it to be a while until it gets expanded.
Did he get clay yet?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default HUH???

HUH? "Scratches head" Wonder why on Tuesday I talked to him at Colerain hobbies he said the expansion was done... Maybe i misunderstood ??
Old 04-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by babydaddy
Did he get clay yet?

He is working on getting clay. He got some, but not enough to expand the track. The clay is essentially coming from a borrow pit on the land next to the warehouse. He is digging it out himself.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 111

Originally Posted by r955
rain has been a factor the whole time in keeping dirt from being hauled, this may postpone things a bit, it would be nice to have a new layout to learn!Cecil and I have been talking about the motocross format, we are thinking a 3 moto format so everyone gets more track time, and has more chances to improve your position. I always hated the whole 3 heats and a main format, it did not reward consistancy, we have been kicking around monthly point races, or series, just something different from the normal weekly deal. Any suggestions will be brought forward, so fire away, Cecil is very receptive to any ideas that might make it more fun for everyone!!! That is the whole point of his place! I am glad to see so many new faces each week I go, new people keep the thing fun, I enjoy watching people improve! Especially the kids, The little girl that won the youth class did great, my kids had a blast and want to race even more now! they all improved in the second heat.
The races have been more orginized after the scoring system was installed. The little girl who won the youth class is my daughter, her name is Riley, she loves this sport and looks forward to sunday all week long. She wrenches on her own truck and everything! Im very proud of her. Looking forward to seeing ya all this sunday!

Last edited by kersey527; 05-01-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: people thought it wasnt a nice post
Old 04-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, I came up there about a month ago and brought up my sons stampede. There were two guys mainly that were po'd that we were there with the stampede. Are people going to be upset if I bring it again? Or is there a class I can run it in?
I just don't have the money to get a short course truck to race and to have the truck that my son wanted.
Im not a basher on the track but I am definatly not a hardcore racer. I come to have fun and have a little friendly competition. That's all. Will it be pretty welcoming or are people going to pissed that we are there again? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure we are going to have some fun with the system actually up and running now and some "real" races going on. Thanks fellas and look forward to tomorrow!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default stampeded?

Originally Posted by FLATLINE XTR
Hey guys, I came up there about a month ago and brought up my sons stampede. There were two guys mainly that were po'd that we were there with the stampede. Are people going to be upset if I bring it again? Or is there a class I can run it in?
I just don't have the money to get a short course truck to race and to have the truck that my son wanted.
Im not a basher on the track but I am definatly not a hardcore racer. I come to have fun and have a little friendly competition. That's all. Will it be pretty welcoming or are people going to pissed that we are there again? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure we are going to have some fun with the system actually up and running now and some "real" races going on. Thanks fellas and look forward to tomorrow!
your truck is fine if you made some dudes mad thats their problem you paid your money to be their just like they did! don't worry about it have fun thats what these tracks are for, haven fun!some of the other guys on here can answer your questions about the race program. I know Cecil and alot of these other guys and they are all very friendly and helpful.go race have fun
Old 04-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Cool. It may sound weird but kinda needed to hear that seek.g as this will be only my second time at a track.
I actually just went on youtube and watched "sami racing rockfield adventures 4-13-11" and I am the shmuck with the stampede! I am also the shmuck that breaks his front a arm by slamming it into the end of the pipe!
I thought that was really cool that I was actually on there.
can't wait to go tomorrow though! See you there?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

I seen the track Friday and the new layout is awesome!

Last edited by babydaddy; 05-01-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Rookie

how many sc10's are running out there? Is there a motor size restriction? what are the rules for this.

EricL #11

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.