R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

This is a fun track and the people there are a lot of fun, as well. I've met quite a few people there and have developed some good friendships. Admittedly it is more bashing than racing. But I have busted a gut laughing more times than not. If you are a hardcore racer, thi sis really not the place for you. If you wanna go run your car and have a bunch of fun with good people, we'll see you there! Bring spare parts.
rtebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtebbe View Post
This is a fun track and the people there are a lot of fun, as well. I've met quite a few people there and have developed some good friendships. Admittedly it is more bashing than racing. But I have busted a gut laughing more times than not. If you are a hardcore racer, thi sis really not the place for you. If you wanna go run your car and have a bunch of fun with good people, we'll see you there! Bring spare parts.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtebbe View Post
+2
Racing at www.CCRCR.net
2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #34
Tech Initiate

The first time I was at this track, it was packed. The people were nice and the owner was very nice. Everyone seemed like they were having a good time. Lots of different scales, many SCTís Slashís, Blitz Losiís and even some lightning fast mini Revos and a very fast 8 scale buggy. I drove a couple of test laps and noticed the dirt was some kind of top soil. My tires would just slip and sink if I tried to gun it. This caused batteries to not last quite as long. I donít know what to think about the way they race with the 3 laps each way as I have never stayed for it. The owner said he was getting some kind of out there motorcycle scoring system. Overall the place was not bad. Great place to bash but not race. I returned yesterday and the place was dead being super bowl Sunday. I started to drive some laps when I noticed the dirt was totally dried up dust, almost like fine sand. It actually was making a dust cloud as I was driving. Then I noticed some serious pot holes in the back straightway that would send you tumbling. I found that if you stay next to the pvc pipe, you are safer. After I was driving a few more people started to show up and next thing I know, there is a truggy going full speed the opposite way I was. Guess what, (head on). More people started to show and probably about 6 or 7 SCTís on the track and basically running in to me and everything. I broke a shock and a arm from getting hit. Everyone was driving like maniacs with no order or rhythm. I was really surprised because the first visit here was ok but after seeing how the track lacked maintenance and the careless driving, I donít think I will be returning for a while. Just a heads up, donít bring anything that you donít want destroyed.
cincinnatiboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I went once and thought that it had some potential to be a nice to place to race. Just needed a bit of work. Unfortunately.. it doesn't sounds that has happened so I will not be back anytime soon.
pfunk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #36
Tech Rookie

Since the address on their website is incorrect, where is this place?

Likely 11370 not 11730. If you pull up the address they listed on Google streetview, that is me in the blue civic, so I know where the street is!

My best guess is the "guard on duty" door with the port-o-let outside?
bonespec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonespec View Post
My best guess is the "guard on duty" door with the port-o-let outside?
yep, that's it....
Racing at www.CCRCR.net
2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #38
Tech Rookie

Well I guess it is time to learn something new.

No more hammer down and left, left, left, left....
Old 02-11-2011, 05:51 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm all for a place where kids and non-racing people can go and "play". Just because it's not for us racers doesn't mean that we should bash it. Maybe those demo-derby guys will hone their skills before coming out to the race tracks and turning them into a demo derby. Kudos to the guy running the place for putting the time and effort into it and sharing with the public.
Duratraxx Vendetta SC Hobbywing 25A ESC, Tacon 4300KV motor
Driver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #40
Tech Rookie

I was speaking of my carpet oval exp. at the High Banks of Hi-Tech and at John's Tri-State Hobbies.

Eli (1fastdude) can suck it
Old 02-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

Yeah now that is funny, does eli have any friends, lol

Hey this place is cool, it is somewhere to go and have fun with your cars, for people that like to just mess around and not get serious go have a try, I ran all night the time i went and didn't break anything. They even have air to blow the dirt off of everything. The owner was talking about getting some clay to put down. If he keeps working on it he could make a nice race place out of it.
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonespec View Post
Eli (1fastdude) can suck it
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
Yeah now that is funny, does eli have any friends, lol
Not to sure about friends, just people that like to ask if they can borrow things before even acknowledging you or even saying "Hi"!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

lol, hi eli

thanks for letting me use the soldering iron, your sc truck is getting alot better.
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #44
Tech Rookie

as with any track on a practice day there will be varying levels of drivers. For the folks who feel like they are getting demo derby , I use it as an opportunity to pass, and get out of their way before they can hit me in the next corner. the place is about fun, and I take my kids there, who are just learning, and they have a blast! everyone has to learn somewhere, soon there will be a track expansion, and alot more dirt, problem is no one hauls this time of year the dirt is too wet, so he is at the mercy of the dump trucks on that one. The place is ever improving, still having trouble getting the scoring system, but that will get resolved, give it some time to get better, on race days there will be less bashing. I really dont see alot of people giving any help just complaining about what they dont like. How many tracks have come and gone over the years in Cincinnati?
r955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #45
Tech Rookie

INFO... This track now has a lap counting system, it is close to being perfect! we raced yesterday and had a great time, the 2wd short course class ran a pretty damn clean race (there were 9 trucks on that small track) Saw and participated in some good racing! There is a track expansion (along with lots more dirt) planned to be done before the end of April. Damn rain is keeping the dirt from bieng hauled. The track will be expanded 12 feet towards the pit area, and should make it just big enough for a larger field of trucks! Keep in mind that this track started out just for the owners personal playground, and it has grown into something much larger than he imagined! Great place for newbies, and experienced drivers alike. They are adding 60 yards of dirt also, so the rather flat track that is currently there will be a thing of the past, he has alot of equipment available to work the track, and is constantly trying to make it better, even though there is not much dirt, it is packing down and holding together much better. Made for some good racing sunday! They had a youth class,a 2wd sc, a 4wd sc class, and even a couple of 1/8th scale electrics raced. Just shy of 20 entries, so come out and try it!
r955 is offline   Reply With Quote