Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hobby Store And Indoor Offroad Track Coyote Hobbies Victorville Ca

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Coyote Dave
Hey guys, I have been thinking of moving the start time up an hour. We had over 70 entries this past weekend and didnt finish till 11pm. Many racers left before the mains. If I do move the time up, I will give a 2 week notice. Thanks Rickie for the kind words my friend.
Another idea would be getting people lined up quicker for their race. I don't think people need 5 minutes of warmup. You could also try a 10 minute break before the mains instead of the usual 30+ minute breaks. This seems to be the norm at other tracks I've seen that get there schedule done quickly. These 2 things could help save over a hour. Just my 2 cents....

Edit:

Some one last night told me a great idea. Place some sort of table or bench for drivers to place their cars and radios on so they can turn marshal instead of heading to the pits and forgetting (Yea right...) to turn marshal. This would help get turn marshals in place quicker since lack of turn marshals seems to be one area that constantly delays the start. This table could be located in the far north/west corner that way drivers could head to the north side of the drivers stand and you can watch to make sure they are turn marshaling.

Last edited by bombertodd; 04-17-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bombertodd
Edit:

Some one last night told me a great idea. Place some sort of table or bench for drivers to place their cars and radios on so they can turn marshal instead of heading to the pits and forgetting (Yea right...) to turn marshal. This would help get turn marshals in place quicker since lack of turn marshals seems to be one area that constantly delays the start. This table could be located in the far north/west corner that way drivers could head to the north side of the drivers stand and you can watch to make sure they are turn marshaling.
That would be a good idea to get all to turn marshall
Old 04-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another idea would be getting people lined up quicker for their race. I don't think people need 5 minutes of warmup. You could also try a 10 minute break before the mains instead of the usual 30+ minute breaks. This seems to be the norm at other tracks I've seen that get there schedule done quickly. These 2 things could help save over a hour. Just my 2 cents....

Edit:

Thats what most all tracks do, then if a truck/buggy is not on the table and
your not corner marshalling you are docked a lap from your best Q or Main
or both. Docking a lap in your main seems to work best for keeping people
corner marshalling. I've seen fast guys get docked 2 or 3 laps just to make
sure they have no chance in the main to get their attention to keep them
marshalling every time their suppose to.. (works good too") They get their
azz out real quick if they know they can't win the main just from being an
ignorant azz not caring to help their fellow racers out...

Pretty simple really, you should not be allowed to win any R/C race if you
choose not to marshall or hold up the race program so your fellow racers
have to suffer because your a self centered azz...
Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

What about classes that are smaller than the turn marshals needed? The Novice 2WD Short Course qualifiers had 5 or 6 racers in them. I think 8 or 9 turn marshals are wanted on the track?

I think during the drivers meeting, do a turn marshaling etiquette. Go over the basics, keep people reminded to pay attention to their section and not a friends vehicle or racing in other sections.

Also go over for drivers to not go full throttle when a turn marshal is coming to help them. I've let a few trucks sit because the driver wouldn't get off the throttle.

When track was open for open practice between qualifiers and mains, kids were getting hit left and right from racers that are more worried about racing during practice, than actually practicing. I saw a kid get hit 4+ times from the SAME truck (Mod 4x4). I think no kids at all should be let on the track.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Error404
What about classes that are smaller than the turn marshals needed? The Novice 2WD Short Course qualifiers had 5 or 6 racers in them. I think 8 or 9 turn marshals are wanted on the track?
I think 5-6 turn marshals is perfect. Last race we had about 10 turn marshals in the main and a video camera guy on the track and it was really hard to see your car. It was like driving in a forest. It was much better during the qualifiers when we had about 6 turn marshals. I think capping the mains at 8 racers would be best too. We've had 13 and 11 car mains now and it's just a zoo out there.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=bombertodd;8980223]Another idea would be getting people lined up quicker for their race. I don't think people need 5 minutes of warmup. You could also try a 10 minute break before the mains instead of the usual 30+ minute breaks. This seems to be the norm at other tracks I've seen that get there schedule done quickly. These 2 things could help save over a hour. Just my 2 cents....

We do not give 5 minutes of warm up before the qualifiers. The issue is getting the racers out to turnmarshall. We had 77 entries that night and tried to get everyone lined up right away and started a couple of races with out enough turn marshalls. That pissed off a few people during their race. This week we had 59 entries and again we still had issues with guys not coming out to marshal. I made this a point during the drivers meeting. From talking to other racers, this has always been an issue at any track.

Now, between the mains I think that it would be better to start right away. I'm not giving excuses but will point out that we have about 10 races experience under our belts. I get alot of people asking me to start racing later, some earlier, some want to practice before the mains, some want the track watered. I know we have some issues, BUT they will be corrected. This week we were filming a video and getting still shots and that took some time.

My main concern is people not getting to race the mains because its getting late and they have to leave. So if i decide to move the time up so we could get a cushion of time I will do it. Let me point out that this is something I'm thinking about and is not set in stone, but if we keep getting the this many numbers for my club racing I will do it.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

I think 5-6 turn marshals is perfect. Last race we had about 10 turn marshals in the main and a video camera guy on the track and it was really hard to see your car. It was like driving in a forest. It was much better during the qualifiers when we had about 6 turn marshals. I think capping the mains at 8 racers would be best too. We've had 13 and 11 car mains now and it's just a zoo out there.
Mains will be 10 car. If there are 11 racers i will let them all race. @ 12 we will have a B main and bump 2. There were 7 marshals for every race including mains. There was a guy video taping for the web page and was a one time thing.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I thought Saturday went very well, and went pretty fast considering the space and number of people, your always gonna have people wanting it done different, I say keep up the good work Dave, it will only get better and smoother with time...
Old 04-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Dave, after re-reading my post it seems I might be complaining. Which I apologize if you took it that way, I don't mean to. I'm just throwing out some ideas. If you would like to try the table idea I'll gladly donate a table. I was also thinking some good old public embarrassment might work too. You could roll call the turn marshals, "Bob raise your hand, Steve raise your hand, Pete raise your hand...." Then when you see Pete raise his hand from the pits you could 5 second lecture him on the importance of turn marshaling.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Coyote Dave;8982054]
The issue is getting the racers out to turnmarshall. We had 77 entries that night and tried to get everyone lined up right away and started a couple of races with out enough turn marshalls. That pissed off a few people during their race. This week we had 59 entries and again we still had issues with guys not coming out to marshal. I made this a point during the drivers meeting.

From talking to other racers, this has always been an issue at any track.

That is not true at all Dave..I've raced R/C since 1984 and the only tracks
I've ever seen cornermarshalls be a problem at is the ones the race director
is affraid to put his/her foot down. At tracks where the race director says at
the drivers meeting (you will be docked a lap off your best Q) or (you wil
be docked a lap off your best Q and your main) and then he really does
what he says and anouces every docked lap on the PA to everyone it
never ever becomes an issue ever again.

Most tracks I've raced at for factory (fast guys) they will be docked 2 or 3
laps in their main for not cornermarshalling just to make darn sure they will
have a BIG problem trying to win a main. Plus they get docked in their Q's
as well..

No track I race at now has this problem. 702 Vegas,West Coast,Havasu..
But I will say at Vegas & Havasu with different race directors they will have
slow coming out to turn marshall. When my wife directs Havasu it will (NEVER)
happen period. When Scott does 702 it will (NEVER) happen. These directors
mean what they say and say what they mean and every driver knows it so
they haul butt out to not be docked (or worse)

A sissy race director = little or no corner marshalls..

A real race director = corner marshalls every time without fail.

Those are the facts of R/C racing anwhere in the country & Canada I've
raced all over both country's and racers know which race directors are
blow hard sissys or which ones are the real mcoy & won't take any $h!t
from anyone no matter who they think they are"

The best run R/C races are run by the ("BEST") real race directors

The day we raced at your track my wife offered to direct anouce for you
and if you would have took her up on it you would have seen how fast a
race program can run with corner marshalls every single
time and on time.. I promise ya"

It's all about the quality of the race director Dave and thats all there is to
it my friend.. Really pretty simple..
Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Guys who cares if it runs late yea its better to be done early but ive been to races that we had 6 hours between races even though we only had 17 heats instead of the 11 at coyote. You can tell that dave is shy while announcing but most people are like that ive also waited 5 extra minutes for turnmarshalls before and it sucks but it happens and even when announcers say there going to dock laps it rarely happens i mean ive never seen it except at nitro challenge. What do you want we live in the desert and have a nice and fun place to race its better than nothing at all so just be glad we have something.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by {5}spike{5}
Guys who cares if it runs late yea its better to be done early but ive been to races that we had 6 hours between races even though we only had 17 heats instead of the 11 at coyote. You can tell that dave is shy while announcing but most people are like that ive also waited 5 extra minutes for turnmarshalls before and it sucks but it happens and even when announcers say there going to dock laps it rarely happens i mean ive never seen it except at nitro challenge. What do you want we live in the desert and have a nice and fun place to race its better than nothing at all so just be glad we have something.
Well said.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by {5}spike{5}
I guess you haven't been to many tracks if you rarely see laps docked for
not cornermarshalling. You must only race at tracks with sissy directors
when you do get out to race. Come test my my wife when she's directing
anoucing at our track and see what happens when you don't marshall

I drive/ride 330 miles round trip to race 702 in Vegas,I drive/ride 650 miles
round trip to race West Coast in LA,I drive/ride 440 miles round trip to race
Coyote in Victorville just to club race. I for one do care if races are run on
time with no fooling around because someone chooses to be a jack wagon
and not cornermarshall..

At our track we had a lacks race director and we got very few out of town
racers even at our big races. Now my wife is running the races we get out
of town racers driving well over 300 miles on a regular basis because they
know they will get home at a decent hour after racing here.

I've always found it funny how guys that live 5 minutes from a track that
think it's just fine to have a sissy race director that lets racers be ignorant
to their fellow racers that have to drive 1 or 2 hours to race just because
they are so selfcentered... They think it's just fine to take all night
(7/8 hours) to run a race that should only take 4 hours to run because they
only drive 5 minutes home after their club racing. This is sad that some
racers think only of themselves at R/C tracks, but they are everywhere.

They not only hurt their fellow racers but they cost the track owner money
by running off racers that have to drive more then their 5 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, when I'm broke and get no time to fix one of my cars
and miss the next heat because the race director won't bow down to the
ignorant jack wagons at a track and make me corner marshall I don't like it
as much as the next guy. But I dam sure would rather it be that way then
hold up the people that have a long drive or make it hard on guys that have
to work the early next morning or go their kids foot ball practice early the
next morning. Thats not my style anyway, my parents taught me to respect
my fellow man and not to be a selfcentered.....

You can have a more fun place to race when race directors don't take no
crap from ignorant selfcentered butt head racers.. Thats a fact...

Last edited by BuckMan; 04-21-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Error404
Well said.

Yeah" well said if you don't give a $h!t about your fellow racers or the
track owner trying to make a living and keep his doors open...
Old 04-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whoa easy trigger. I was there Saturday, he probably asked for marshals, 4-5 times, and i only heard him ask more than once 1 time at the end of the night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.