R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #61
Tech Regular

We have set a date for our grand opening. Saturday Feb 5. 10am. We will provide hot dogs, drinks and track use will be free. HPI has committed to being there and I'm in talks with Traxxas, Losi and Associated. We will be raffling away a Blitz RTR and a Blitz ESE for sure as of right now. Trying to get a Slash, XXX-SCT and a SC10, T4.1 and or B4.1 as well as other items. I will also be giving away a lifetime membership for free track use to one lucky kid under the age of 14. Come out run the track and have fun. There will be a sprint car and sprint kart out front on display. I'm going to try and get a baja truck and or a monster truck as well. We have not decided yet but we may have our first race this day. I will provide more details as we get closer to date of event or as I get commitment from other manufacturers.

On a second note, we officially opened the track for practice on Monday and had a great turn out the past 2 days. I have gotten great feedback. The clay is awsome and has very good bite with little tire wear. Track is fun and challenging.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Let me know who you are when you guys come in. David I do remember you, but its been a long time since you came in. Thanks for starting this thread.

Thanks and keep checking in for updates.

Coyote Dave
Coyote Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #62
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Should be up there around 4 today with a couple trucks
Old 01-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #63
Tech Initiate

This track is sick!!!!! Went there on monday to run on the track. it might look small but it is a very fun layout with fast lap times. Im not much of an electric racer but i will definatley go back there.
{5}spike{5} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by {5}spike{5} View Post
This track is sick!!!!! Went there on monday to run on the track. it might look small but it is a very fun layout with fast lap times. Im not much of an electric racer but i will definatley go back there.
You will be an electric guy now.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was at the track on tuesday and i had a blast. This was my first time driving an RC on a track. I cant wait to go back.

Here is a crappy vid of my blitz going around the track.

joboyca84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Ran out from Lake Havasu on Tuesday to check things out. Coyote dave has a great thing going.

Good pit tables with power (and adding more). Clay has great grip, layout was fun, sweet drivers stand, clean and stocked shop. Heated and it has A/C.

It was awesome to see some old friends during my visit.

Support your local hobby shop. I know I'll be back.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #67
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Really nice place. Track is fun with good grip. Was up there for a few hours tonight and had a good time.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #68
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
You will be an electric guy now.
no not even close i love nitro WAAAYYYYY more than electric it has more competition and more exciting.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by {5}spike{5} View Post
no not even close i love nitro WAAAYYYYY more than electric it has more competition and more exciting.
more competition most nitro races only have two maybe three guys on the lead lap by the end of the heat
Old 01-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #70
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
more competition most nitro races only have two maybe three guys on the lead lap by the end of the heat
yea but thats the point electric you almost always finish but in nitro u have to work on the car to get a good position. Sometimes you have the fastest guys end up in last one race and winning the next. Ive beat people by a couple laps then they beat me by a couple laps and in electric only some guys r on the lead lap to.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #71
Tech Initiate

Stopped by and met the guys today and took a look at the track. They have really done an awesome job of setting things up and the track looks great! I might have to dust off the Slash and Rustler and try a few laps in the very near future. I will say best of all, they carry Losi parts!!! Woohoo! Picked up some springs for my electric converted Losi LST =)

-CI
CICreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #72
Tech Adept

Haven't posted here in a few years... Anyway I'm back down in So Cal and I saw this place getting ready to do business and dropped in before the doors were open. This is a great shop, very well stocked with all the popular parts from a wide range of manufactures and it should do very well.

Dave is good people and has gone out of his way to make sure this will be a grate place to run. I guess it's time to knock off the dust on my T4 and get the 12 mini Hyper ste I picked ready for some clay.
RC nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #73
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Plasting Send a message via Yahoo to Plasting Send a message via Skype™ to Plasting

Anyone who has not been by here yet, needs to do so. Dave is awesome, friendly and respectful to those who are still new to the scene. The store is very clean and fully stocked and the track is great.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #74
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default great people great track awesome times

I've been there a couple of times it's awesome ,track is high grip sc handles great Dave and Fred are cool people looking forward to a race schedule drop by give them some support .Buy local they have good prices and lots of parts in stock on of the best I've seen locally that's for sure...
retsoorkcuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 AM   #75
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

Grand Opening party update. I just got confirmation and Losi will be represented. We will be raffling away a XXX-SCT and a Mini SCT. I am trying to see if we can possibly get the new 22 buggy as a give away but that might be a bit harder but I'm trying. We also got losi shirts hats and stickers.

Jconcepts is sending me a package filled with lots of give aways as well.

HPI will be there too. I got shirts, stickers, Blitz ESE kit, and a Mini Trophy already in my possesion to raffle off.

I'm still waiting to hear from other manufactures such as Associated, Traxxas, Proline Etc.

I will post more pics of finished driver stand and pit area in the next couple of days. Keep checking up on thread and please spread the word on my grand opening party. Food, fun, prizes and rc racing.
Coyote Dave is offline   Reply With Quote