R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote Dave View Post
Hey guys, I'm the owner of this facility here in the high desert and really appreciate this thread. Track build will be ready for clay with in next 2 days and I'm hoping that the clay could be brought in this weekend. The quarries are flooded from all the rain from last week and this week. So all they have is basically mud. Now if it dries enough for the trucks to be able to get into the quarry and the clay dries as well then it will be brought in. Keep your fingers crossed. Web Page is being built and should be published by this weekend. I will post pics of the pit and track area later today or tommorrow. Anyone is welcome to come by and take a look as well. We are very down to earth and enjoy all visitors. We are committed to providing outstanding service and a family oriented top notch facility. We will cater to the beginner as well as the advanced RC enthusiast. We will be having a grand opening party as soon as track is open. There will be food and drinks and raffles. Track usage will be free that day and Team Losi has commited to being here, as well as HPI. I will post as to when that event takes place. Again I appreciate all the kind words on this thread and hope to meeting all of you soon (some i have met already). I will keep you posted.

Dave

Good to hear! Good luck with the clay! We've had a ton of rain!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm the owner of this facility here in the high desert and really appreciate this thread. Track build will be ready for clay with in next 2 days and I'm hoping that the clay could be brought in this weekend. The quarries are flooded from all the rain from last week and this week. So all they have is basically mud. Now if it dries enough for the trucks to be able to get into the quarry and the clay dries as well then it will be brought in. Keep your fingers crossed. Web Page is being built and should be published by this weekend. I will post pics of the pit and track area later today or tommorrow. Anyone is welcome to come by and take a look as well. We are very down to earth and enjoy all visitors. We are committed to providing outstanding service and a family oriented top notch facility. We will cater to the beginner as well as the advanced RC enthusiast. We will be having a grand opening party as soon as track is open. There will be food and drinks and raffles. Track usage will be free that day and Team Losi has commited to being here, as well as HPI. I will post as to when that event takes place. Again I appreciate all the kind words on this thread and hope to meeting all of you soon (some i have met already). I will keep you posted.

Dave

Glad to hear the good news. Can't wait to see it all done and ready.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)

Quote:

Dave
We are eagerly waiting Dave!! Thanks for the update and I hope the sun shines on the high desert!!!! keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Where's the pics?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #35
Tech Rookie

Default coyote hobbies

this is going to be a top notch place to race dave is a super cool guy the drivers stand is amazing
racmugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by racmugen View Post
this is going to be a top notch place to race dave is a super cool guy the drivers stand is amazing
wheelchair accessible?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Sorry guys I havent posted pics. I have been swamped with so many things. I'm behind schedule with track and stocking store. Yes stand is ADA compliant (wheel chair accesible). Clay came in today and we will be building track this week and testing. Will be open to public for open practice right after that. Thanks.
Coyote Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
Sorry guys I havent posted pics. I have been swamped with so many things. I'm behind schedule with track and stocking store. Yes stand is ADA compliant (wheel chair accesible). Clay came in today and we will be building track this week and testing. Will be open to public for open practice right after that. Thanks.
Good news it is some project I could imagine!! Good luck and thanks for doing what you are to help the hobby!!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Haha........ forget the pics....... get it done and leave it as a suprise!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

Nice track!
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #41
Tech Rookie

I have been over there a few times to check out the progress and it is going to be very nice. I have been in Victorville since 1985 and cant recall ever having such a nice place for our hobby. I hope to see many people there once it is up and running. Word of mouth and this forum are huge for these guys so talk it up!
jay_3978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

is it near the size of westcoast track?
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #43
Tech Regular

No
Old 01-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Not much has been posted about Control Chaos in Palmdale but the turn-out looks to be growing on it own. Having an indoor track in the desert is needed more than the OC. Both tracks down there are so nice in any weather but the drive isn't. This hobby is growing again and shops/tracks are coming back.
desertraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:37 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertraton View Post
Not much has been posted about Control Chaos in Palmdale but the turn-out looks to be growing on it own. Having an indoor track in the desert is needed more than the OC. Both tracks down there are so nice in any weather but the drive isn't. This hobby is growing again and shops/tracks are coming back.
Agreed. I haven't been to the track in over a month. To far to drive with everything that has gone on with the holidays. Haven't had a day to drive down the hill. Will definately be nice to be a few minutes from home rather an hour plus.