R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
WOW you guys are bring back some memories now.

I remember when I went to Chicago Hobby show with Rich, trying to push Quantum stuff - the diff lube was actually really good, I used it for years.

raffaeli and I worked at the old Island Hobbies, I think he stopped right when I started, we both went to NYIT back then. I ran his batteries for while, way back when as well (Remember Chris!!).

Wally and Brett were the guys from Savage, Wally had a shop way out towards the end of the island - I remember all the Savage - Powerline battles at LIR years ago.

I saw Johnny Themelis at LIR not long ago (pretty sure that was him), I am sure he didn't recognize me so I didn't say anything.

George did the track in Bellmore then originally opened LIR. After he sold it he moved to FL, I remember going down there one year for the old Winter Champs (like '97-'98) and saw him arguing with someone over parts or something.

Good times.....
This is funny. Raff started a company many moons ago, Viper RC products.
I was one of his drivers. I dont miss the long drives to CRC, or North Adams, MA.
Wally Rodriguez, Savage Products, I drove for him too..
Brett Paynter, Mr Sunshine bread products. Remember him coming to the track in moto leathers.. A sight that cant be forgotten.
Wes was Bretts left hand. If Brett pooped, Wes wiped.
Johnny Themlis is still doing his thing, playing in the dirt at LIR every once in a while.
Richie Siriano, still doing his thing too, and thriving.
I am still doing my thing too, after all these years.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They say timing is everything.

The Deer Park location is on Commack Rd. When the track was there it was a 2 lane road and a dying AIL was across the street. Now it's 6 lanes wide, a big shopping center across the street, a Home Depot, and the Tanger Outlet Mall is where AIL was.

Right after the track closed it became a dollar store. That closed and it was empty for about 2 years. Now it's a bank in the front, and Monster Golf in the back.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote