Pin Shop Hobbies Oakville,CT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pin Shop Hobbies Oakville,CT

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Okay looking to see if any intrest in running a Show/Race at Southwick Ma Motorcross park,talked to a friend of Kevin's that runs show he wants us and Car Action to put on a race on Memorial Day,i know its 2 weeks away so we have no time and should put it off till next year,but i also agree with the guy putting it on that if we start small this year it wont have to wait till next year to bring more atettion to the marriage of RC to Motorcross which is slowly happening now,even if we have enough to do mock races and some big air and freestyle and workout what we need to do for next year would be awesome even just on Sat,there is motorcross racing,beer,bands and babes already attending...I think we can make this event just as good as the stampede for next year if not better,let us know what you guys think....they have all the dirt and equipment to build...
Old 05-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pin Shop
Okay looking to see if any intrest in running a Show/Race at Southwick Ma Motorcross park,talked to a friend of Kevin's that runs show he wants us and Car Action to put on a race on Memorial Day,i know its 2 weeks away so we have no time and should put it off till next year,but i also agree with the guy putting it on that if we start small this year it wont have to wait till next year to bring more atettion to the marriage of RC to Motorcross which is slowly happening now,even if we have enough to do mock races and some big air and freestyle and workout what we need to do for next year would be awesome even just on Sat,there is motorcross racing,beer,bands and babes already attending...I think we can make this event just as good as the stampede for next year if not better,let us know what you guys think....they have all the dirt and equipment to build...
Sounds awesome, but not this year for me. I remember back in the day(15-20years ago) when I use to go to the motocross track that there already was a track there for R/C cars, or maybe it was for bmx bikes..........
Old 05-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

What r doing at motocross. They run gas
Old 05-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

I would be down to run at southwick. Would have to check with the boss first.

Just told her about Fathers day at the stampede. Went over as good as it could.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, I've got the results from Saturday's racing posted here:

http://visionarycomputer.net/rc/pins...1/May_14_2011/

Really great day, nice to see all the new racers coming from RCHR. Personally it was like a homecoming of sorts, seeing a bunch of guys who I used to race with years ago (Mark, John, Josh and some others). I hope we all continue to race together and I'm definitely going to hit a few RCHR races.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Okay looking to see if any intrest in running a Show/Race at Southwick Ma Motorcross park...
It sounds like a great idea and one I'd love to be a part of. Only question I'd ask is - Is the event ONLY on the Monday (Memorial Day itself) or is it the whole weekend? I can't make the Monday as I've got a family commitment but I could likely do Saturday or Sunday if the event is a weekend long thing...
Old 05-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

yeah we talked quickly about this before and i would be in and sure i can get a few people in too..and for those who dont know the motorcross track is not a bad ride from CT at all!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Thanks for having us over, it was definitely fun, good turnout, good racing, and the weather thankfully held out.....Next time, I will definitely run Mod SC.

Congrats to the winners!!!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

extremely interested but not sure how the girlie would feel about it, i will work on it keep us posted as to wether or not it will be running. this way i dont argue about something thats not gonna happen.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Is this going to be a Monday only race? What classes are you planning on running? I think I could do Monday.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Rookie

def think southwick motocross/rc race could be a great time.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

The event is Sat/Sun,the only thing they dont have is pipe for the lanes,we have a pile we can use,just not sure if we can pull off a full race day or just some ripping around,if we have enough intrest and help anything would be good start,and next year we can go all out...
Old 05-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

The event is Sat/Sun...
I'm in for Saturday. I can only do one day. My advice would be to run a casual race program each day, maybe even just qualifiers so the races are short enough that spectators don't loose interest. In between each race, have some sort of exposition...high/long jump...Baja (large scale)....1/16th or other small scale...just to show some diversity and give people something to look at.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Also keep in mind The Goshen Stampede is fast approaching the dates are June 17th thru the 19th,and the give aways are starting to come in we will post updates so watch for updates...www.goshenstampede.com for a list of other activites for the family...
Old 05-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

not going to be able to make southwick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.