R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Revelation raceway in Montclair is talking about doing 1/8 scale racing on Friday nights, as well as sat night! Dana ( track owner)was talking about it this past weekend. He said they will be starting it soon as a trial basis to see what kind of turnouts he will get! So by the time you get out here it should be up and running, granet he doesn't cancel it right away!
Revrace.com
Heritage RC Raceway, San Diego CA
Jomo918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomo918 View Post
Revelation raceway in Montclair is talking about doing 1/8 scale racing on Friday nights, as well as sat night! Dana ( track owner)was talking about it this past weekend. He said they will be starting it soon as a trial basis to see what kind of turnouts he will get! So by the time you get out here it should be up and running, granet he doesn't cancel it right away!
Revrace.com

Looks like thats where i'll end up if they are still running Friday nights when I get there. Its only 20 minutes from where i'll be. All I need is a loaner table, chair, and extension cord please.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by modified763 View Post
Looks cool. Keep them coming. I'll be traveling all over the place, so just looking for a good night to race. Any tracks that have racing during the week? Looks like weekends arent an option.
Quote:
Looks like thats where i'll end up if they are still running Friday nights when I get there. Its only 20 minutes from where i'll be. All I need is a loaner table, chair, and extension cord please.
They have fixed tables, and chairs, and power outlets on each table! You should be set! Rev is a really good track, and the owner is awesome! Plus notch Johnson is the race announcer and is great! He makes the racing a blast!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #19
Tech Master

Sounds like fun. I cant wait. Now I need to get a quote from UPS what it will cost to ship my pit hauler and truggy.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Sounds like fun. I cant wait. Now I need to get a quote from UPS what it will cost to ship my pit hauler and truggy.
Cool, hope to see you out there soon!!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I posted a thread in the cali section but no one replied. not the hijack but i am gonna be staying at pismo the entire week of thanksgiving is there any where within an hour that races may sunday or has practice? I race 8th and sc so either or would be fine tia!
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezSlash View Post
I posted a thread in the cali section but no one replied. not the hijack but i am gonna be staying at pismo the entire week of thanksgiving is there any where within an hour that races may sunday or has practice? I race 8th and sc so either or would be fine tia!
hot rod may be the closest, but its still like an hour and a half away. check this site to locate tracks.
www.therczone.com
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Just wanted to let you know, that the Friday night racing at Revelation raceway will only be every 2nd Friday of the month, and it's only going to be buggy racing! No truggy, or short course!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomo918 View Post
Just wanted to let you know, that the Friday night racing at Revelation raceway will only be every 2nd Friday of the month, and it's only going to be buggy racing! No truggy, or short course!

Well DANG!!! No weekly racing in the area at all? Bummer. Still going to have my buggy and truggy there, just so I have something to do during down time. We may fly in on Friday instead of Saturday. I hope thats the case. I wanna race!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #25
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default So Cal racing schedule

Hey Tony,

If you are strictly racing 1:8 scale nitro then your choices are limited to what has been shared already which is on Saturdays at all of the tracks in this area with Revelation also just beginning to have buggy racing on the 2nd Friday of each month (which may or may not even be active by January 2011).

If you have any electric 1:10 vehicles (SCT, buggy, truck, stock or modified)or an electric 1:8 scale buggy then you can enjoy a full schedule of Indoor Off-Road Racing (typically 10 or more full heats) on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights at either Orange County RC raceway or West Coast RC raceway and Hobby Garage. If you do not have any electric vehicles I know that at OCRC you can rent a HPI Blitz and race in their 2wd SCT class which is always fun (somewhat of a bashfest) .

Both of these tracks have high bite clay and plenty of SCT and 1:8 scale action four nights a week and they are both approx. 45 minutes to their door from the center of Riverside (assuming there is normal traffic flow).

Here are the links to some of the local tracks so you can check out their practice and race schedules:

http://ocrcraceway.com/
http://www.westcoastrcraceway.com/
http://www.revrace.com/
http://www.arcraceway.com/index.html

HH

"If it's worth doin'... it's worth doin' it right" - Chip Jett
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Hey Tony,

If you are strictly racing 1:8 scale nitro then your choices are limited to what has been shared already which is on Saturdays at all of the tracks in this area with Revelation also just beginning to have buggy racing on the 2nd Friday of each month (which may or may not even be active by January 2011).

If you have any electric 1:10 vehicles (SCT, buggy, truck, stock or modified)or an electric 1:8 scale buggy then you can enjoy a full schedule of Indoor Off-Road Racing (typically 10 or more full heats) on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights at either Orange County RC raceway or West Coast RC raceway and Hobby Garage. If you do not have any electric vehicles I know that at OCRC you can rent a HPI Blitz and race in their 2wd SCT class which is always fun (somewhat of a bashfest) .

Both of these tracks have high bite clay and plenty of SCT and 1:8 scale action four nights a week and they are both approx. 45 minutes to their door from the center of Riverside (assuming there is normal traffic flow).

Here are the links to some of the local tracks so you can check out their practice and race schedules:

http://ocrcraceway.com/
http://www.westcoastrcraceway.com/
http://www.revrace.com/
http://www.arcraceway.com/index.html

HH
DONT FORGET ABOUT HEMET! http://hemetraceway.com/
THEY HAVE 90+ ENTRIES EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT FOR SHOURT COURSE RACING!...ITS CRAZY
RcRenew.com and TritonRc.com~Lucky7~Eazyrc.com
Venom-Group~Upgrade-Rc and TrackstarRc.com
deadmancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #27
Tech Master

I'll see if I cant come up with a 4x4 short course truck. I just sold mine. I have an SC10, but it needs some winter love. I'll see if someone will let me use their electric 1/8 scale. Really wanted to run nitro. We are going to fly in on Friday, so Saturday is a good shot. What time do the races start at Revelation on Saturday, and do they run buggy and truggy? Could someone help me out with some pitting? Thanks for all the info everyone.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Quote:
I'll see if I cant come up with a 4x4 short course truck. I just sold mine. I have an SC10, but it needs some winter love. I'll see if someone will let me use their electric 1/8 scale. Really wanted to run nitro. We are going to fly in on Friday, so Saturday is a good shot. What time do the races start at Revelation on Saturday, and do they run buggy and truggy? Could someone help me out with some pitting? Thanks for all the info everyone.
EVERY SATURDAY *
-
PRACTICE 2:00 PM TILL 3:30 PM
QUALIFYING STARTS AT 4:00 PM
THREE ROUNDS / 5 MINUTES EACH
MAINS
BUMP UPS / ALL CLASSES
-
DRIVER CLASSES
BEGINNER / NOVICE / AMATEUR / EXPERT
-
CAR CLASSES