Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Andy, would this help?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...o-results.html
Old 03-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Here's another. Check page 9 of PDF.

http://www.rcscoringpro.com/docs/Tracks.pdf

You're using RC scoring pro correct?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

I read all of it. I'll have to take another look at the computer when I get to the track tomorrow. I am almost certain it is. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

sorry we couldn't make it on sunday i believe we will be coming this sunday and possibly friday.put a 3900kv in my buggy,hopefully tom blinkhorn will be coming so i can beat him. I think he put a new system in his.3300kv.my dad put a 17.5 stock motor in his to run with me and i think tom is also.other than that not much else is new.see you all sunday.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Andy and all,
I had a great time practicing at your track and everyone was great on my first visit; I'll definitely be back in. I appreciated your comments as well while I was practicing about my times getting better also. My wife was even out back today driving a bit!
Chris Ostermueller
Old 03-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by jjdyost
sorry we couldn't make it on sunday i believe we will be coming this sunday and possibly friday.put a 3900kv in my buggy,hopefully tom blinkhorn will be coming so i can beat him. I think he put a new system in his.3300kv.my dad put a 17.5 stock motor in his to run with me and i think tom is also.other than that not much else is new.see you all sunday.
you and your dad should come friday night and race the 17.5 SC class it is really a great class plus by running on the road course you can break the right side of your servo in
Old 03-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Hey guys I got the sunday winners done, need a reminder of who all won for the Friday night winners. I think a lot of them were past winners, Because I didnt have to take too many pictures, I just need to put them up there.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 2s Lipos

I currently only run NICD NIMH batteries. This track says they only allow 2 Cell Lipos maximum. Is a 2s Lipos a 2 cell lipo. Because some batteries say 20s lipos. Is that 20 Cell lipos? Sorry new to the Lipos batteries. What is a decent price to pay for one and is anyone selling any?
Thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gpklos
I currently only run NICD NIMH batteries. This track says they only allow 2 Cell Lipos maximum. Is a 2s Lipos a 2 cell lipo. Because some batteries say 20s lipos. Is that 20 Cell lipos? Sorry new to the Lipos batteries. What is a decent price to pay for one and is anyone selling any?
Thanks
yes a 2s lipo is a 2 cell lipo,and never seen a battery that said 20s on them.there is 20c ratings on them which mean how much punch or power will come out of that battery.a higher c rating means u will have more power coming out of that battery.they range from $20 ones (which I do not recommend)to $200+ in price.depends on what kind of vehicle you are running.short courses can run 20c through 40c batteries and range from $50 to $100.between $40 and $80 is a good mid grade battery and you will feel the difference with them in your vehicle.above $100 u are getting a really expensive battery and their is nothing wrong with that but its up to you if you want to pay that much for your first lipo battery.$200+ dollars for a battery is now getting overkill in price and they do perform the same as a $50 battery.remember it is not a game to see how much money you can spend on a battery.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

the first thing you want to do is is make sure your charger is able to charge lipo batts as for batts you can use the hong kong special $20 batts with no problem thats what i have been using and they work just fine as a matter of fact alot fo guys are using them as for your first lipo i would start there and if you dont like them you are not out big bucks i have had good priced $100 brand name lipos and they puffed up within 3 months your best bet is to stop up on a friday night (that is when i am there) and talk to people and see how to charge and what they are using because they charge differently than the nicds hope this helps you out

Last edited by rcmark17; 03-31-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 2s Lipos

Thanks for the responses. That clarifies things some. I may to invest in these soon. I am curious the rules say you must run 6 cell batteries for NIHM or NICD. I have 7 cell 8.4v batteries. Do the 2s have more punch than the 7 cell. Now you said the higher the C value is the more punch in lipos. Just trying to gauge how much difference there is between the 6 cell, 7 cell nihm and the 2s lipos.

Also I just ordered a Associated rc10t4.1. I have a traxxas rustler now. Since they have different battery connections is there an adapter that I can use so that I can use my existing 6 and 7 cell batteries with both cars? I just don't have the $$ to go lipo yet. (ie. new charger also)
Thanks,
Gary
Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the responses. That clarifies things some. I may to invest in these soon. I am curious the rules say you must run 6 cell batteries for NIHM or NICD. I have 7 cell 8.4v batteries. Do the 2s have more punch than the 7 cell. Now you said the higher the C value is the more punch in lipos. Just trying to gauge how much difference there is between the 6 cell, 7 cell nihm and the 2s lipos.

Also I just ordered a Associated rc10t4.1. I have a traxxas rustler now. Since they have different battery connections is there an adapter that I can use so that I can use my existing 6 and 7 cell batteries with both cars? I just don't have the $$ to go lipo yet. (ie. new charger also)
Thanks,
Gary
I had 7 cells before and seen a difference with a 2 cell lipo in my truck.It was faster than with a 7 cell and definitly a 6 cell.they also do not use as much power as a nihm or nicd.this means longer run times out of one before a charge.an average lipo can last around 10mins to 15mins.depends on what size you get.

yes i think they sell adapters for what you need.their is probably deans connectors on the rc10t4.1.traxxas connectors on the rustler.I run traxxas connectors on all my vehichles.I have a stock associated sc10,mod sc10,and mod 1/10 scale buggy i race.just use what ever connector you like.they both work great,solder the same connector on your rc10t4.1 to match what you have on your batteries.

come on sundays,we run oval,and talk with me.that is when im there.im derick yost.give me a holler.i'll tell you what to do and have you out on the track in no time.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks,
Gary
the biggest difference you will notice is the amount of power you have through out your run lipos hold their "punch" longer than nicds/nihm meaning as the voltage drops in nicd/nihm you start to run slower and slower were with lipos they hold thier power with slight loss over the run right up to their cutoff point then you will notice the drop in power plus you never want to run a lipo past their cutoff point also lipos are lighter than nicd/nihm so your trucks will seem faster from not carring as much weightas for racing you can only use 7cell in novice classes they are not allowed in mod or stock racing only 6cell nicd/nihm or 2cell lipo as for racing there are plenty of RC10t4's in our group that are some of the fastest trucks there all with great setup ideas our group specializes in team associated trucks and buggies
(3 t4's 4sc10's 2b4's)as for racing i think the offroard course offers more fun than oval course but everybody has favorites by group i mean a group of guys and girl that show up on fridays to race
Old 03-31-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcmark17
the biggest difference you will notice is the amount of power you have through out your run lipos hold their "punch" longer than nicds/nihm meaning as the voltage drops in nicd/nihm you start to run slower and slower were with lipos they hold thier power with slight loss over the run right up to their cutoff point then you will notice the drop in power plus you never want to run a lipo past their cutoff point also lipos are lighter than nicd/nihm so your trucks will seem faster from not carring as much weightas for racing you can only use 7cell in novice classes they are not allowed in mod or stock racing only 6cell nicd/nihm or 2cell lipo as for racing there are plenty of RC10t4's in our group that are some of the fastest trucks there all with great setup ideas our group specializes in team associated trucks and buggies
(3 t4's 4sc10's 2b4's)as for racing i think the offroard course offers more fun than oval course but everybody has favorites by group i mean a group of guys and girl that show up on fridays to race
I agree with you on the battery part alot.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yea like Mark said, theres a bunch of us running associated so getting you truck set up should be no problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.