Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok when we getting this party going I am ready to do some racing I think we need to start calling Andy Sr papa smurf
Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Every week I have at least 3-4 guys at McCullough's asking me when the track will be open . . . . . a bunch of us (myself included) want to do the double on a weekly basis as long as we can get out early enough on Friday nights.

Jimmy and Gary haven't been sending me any updates so I don't really know what to tell the guys up there, so is there any news regarding on how things are going?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slashracer1
Ok when we getting this party going I am ready to do some racing I think we need to start calling Andy Sr papa smurf
hahaha he does like his blue doesnt he? make everything blue lol, but the blue we painted the stuff will really go well with the white. I think everything will look great when we get it all together at the track.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm really hoping for some saturday racing. My good friends boy doesn't get out of school until 3:30pm and it's about a 2 hour trip for us.

Hopefully you guys will have some Saturday races
Old 11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
Every week I have at least 3-4 guys at McCullough's asking me when the track will be open . . . . . a bunch of us (myself included) want to do the double on a weekly basis as long as we can get out early enough on Friday nights.

Jimmy and Gary haven't been sending me any updates so I don't really know what to tell the guys up there, so is there any news regarding on how things are going?
I honestly dont know a time frame. We ran into a big problem with the floor. The stuff that was used to level it didnt stick to the surface underneath, and was going to pull up and then we would have big lumps in the floor and we couldnt have that with the touring car and oval guys running. We have to rip up the entire floor and level it with other material that will hold. if we were just going to run offroad no problem, but we aren't and we dont want to replace the floor on a yearly basis, so we are taking the extra time now to make things right. Believe me it has been a lot of work and our guys have put in several hours and cant wait to run. I dont have a date set, but when I do I will fill everyone in. Sorry for the delay guys.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Good to see a new track local to myself. Good luck to you folks. Hope to see you out soon.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

are you going to run 2wd short course mod or 4wd? or neither?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I hate waiting it seems to be taking for ever but when its all done and we start racing it will all be worth the wait
Old 11-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by polarisrider44
are you going to run 2wd short course mod or 4wd? or neither?
We hope to have a class for both. 2wd sc stock, 2wd sc mod, 4wd sc stock, 4wd sc mod. We know for sure we have enough for 2wd sc stock, 2wd sc and 4wd sc mod, we havent seen a 4wd sc stock class, but we feel if we have it available it will be very competitive.
The off-road classes are listed in the website check it out Ptraceway.com
Old 11-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slashracer1
I hate waiting it seems to be taking for ever but when its all done and we start racing it will all be worth the wait
Yeah feels like forever to me too, hopefully when it's done we will have the nicest track around. I know i got the itch for running.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default VTA?

Any plans for a Vintage Trans Am touring class? I'm about to obtain an old TC3. Been reading about this class. I've never raced a touring car before so I don't know if anybody races them in the area.
Thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

They race VTA in Beaver and I know a few guys who would probably come down to race it so I'd bank on there being a class at some point.

Andy - if you got the itch to run, come down on Sat and try the dirt again - with the turbo heaters it doesn't really get cold at all. If you put the kit setup on the RT5 you should be pretty close by the time practice is over, especially if you've got some MC suburbs since it's the tire of choice right now.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ostach24
We hope to have a class for both. 2wd sc stock, 2wd sc mod, 4wd sc stock, 4wd sc mod. We know for sure we have enough for 2wd sc stock, 2wd sc and 4wd sc mod, we havent seen a 4wd sc stock class, but we feel if we have it available it will be very competitive.
The off-road classes are listed in the website check it out Ptraceway.com
i know 3 people that have stock 4wd slashes and me could we have a class with 4 if i can get them down there?
Old 12-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete Vitale
Any plans for a Vintage Trans Am touring class? I'm about to obtain an old TC3. Been reading about this class. I've never raced a touring car before so I don't know if anybody races them in the area.
Thanks
Im also interested in VTA.I had a McCallister AAR Cuda body back in the day on my hybrid car that I ran at High Tec Hobbies.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Progress on track

Hello everyone its J.L. I just want to reassure what Andy has been telling you. We are working with the floor people to ensure the surface is at its best for all types of racing. As much as we would like to be open for buisness, we have to be sure that the surface is at its finest. The building is awsome but the floor has given us a run for our money. John, Andy and myself appriciate your patience. We are working daily behind the sceens to make the best race track this area has to offer. Keep posting any questions you may have. I will get a login for the forum. If you need to speak with me directly please call. 412-480-0882. leave me a message, I will return your call promptly. Keep watching for new pictures.
Thanks again. J.L.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.