R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #1111
Tech Addict
 
carcrusher46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the 'burgh
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR1140 View Post
Chad, we will have to work on your mini sprint setup next week. You need handling, and I need more speed so I don't get run over. Once you get the motor/esc fixed in the sct you will do much better.

Anyone know what the car count was?

I believe it was 58 entries overall when we printed the initial heat sheets. Nick came late and ran 2 classes, so I believe the grand total was 60 entries.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words - I can't believe my voice lasted the whole day!
__________________
Matt Stoltz
Thank you to my sponsors:
Team Associated - Reedy - JConcepts - Life Fast RC Paintworks
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #1112
Tech Apprentice
 
rag6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HITSBURGH!
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrusher46 View Post
I believe it was 58 entries overall when we printed the initial heat sheets. Nick came late and ran 2 classes, so I believe the grand total was 60 entries.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words - I can't believe my voice lasted the whole day!
You could announce anything. Super job today!
__________________
getinsitdownshutuppayme
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #1113
Tech Regular
 
Sludge-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

3-11-12 OVAL MAINS RESULTS
Attached Files
File Type: txt 3-11-12 Oval Mains.txt (104.3 KB, 61 views)
Sludge-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #1114
Tech Regular
 
Sludge-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I can post the results in PDF, HTML, JPG or TXT. The issue with the format other then the text file is each race is separate. Thus last week would have 14 files for the mains and this week 10 files. I don't want to put that many pics here on RCTech and take up bandwidth if I don't have to. That is why I do the text file right now, it has all the classes in one file.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
Thanks sludge
I took the a main results for the 2 classes I ran today and can post up pics if anyone wants them.
If I could get a copy of all race results, I could post them for every race if sludge cant whenever I am there.

By the way, does anyone know the fastest lap ever for mod sc oval???
Sludge-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #1115
Tech Rookie
 
BigJim4J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Plum Boro
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdyost View Post
Hey Jim you are vey welcome, it was nice pitting out in the front for once next to you.And my dad really appreciates them tires you gave him, you didnt have to just give them away. Thanks again he will get lots of wear out of them. Hope to see you next week

Derick Yost------Team Associated RC Racing
Tell your Pops he is very welcome.tell him I said.."Run em like ya stole em",..and don't even sweat me giving them to him, That's how we do things where I come from,It was great pitting with you guys too,...So when you gonna sell me that Old RC10 ?...HAHAHAHA,..just kiddin,..I'll find one, I was ebay all evening last night and I will check Craigs list after work today,...See you and your Dad Sunday
BigJim4J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #1116
Tech Master
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Thumbs up Thank You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR1140 View Post
Chad, we will have to work on your mini sprint setup next week. You need handling, and I need more speed so I don't get run over. Once you get the motor/esc fixed in the sct you will do much better.

Anyone know what the car count was?
Think I got the SCT fixed!!! I have the speed if I could get the handling down!!! I would really appreciate any help.

I think we should take the Front/Rear spoiler off and run wingless one weekend!!! That would be fun...
__________________
Sponsored by: Mugen|Proline|LFR|Carpy's
Chad Segner
spider882009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #1117
Tech Master
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson View Post
You could run a standard RS with an 8.5 or so in it.
That is the motor and esc I was looking @!!! If I keep having problems with the Castle it is coming out and going up for sale...
__________________
Sponsored by: Mugen|Proline|LFR|Carpy's
Chad Segner
spider882009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #1118
Tech Regular
 
rcmark17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I have a Duratrax Ice charger that I am looking to sell. If anybody is interested let me know and I will give you more info then. It is very clean and has never seen the dirt or outdoors.
__________________
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RACE OVAL
rcmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #1119
Tech Adept
 
olds45512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana,PA
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmark17 View Post
I have a Duratrax Ice charger that I am looking to sell. If anybody is interested let me know and I will give you more info then. It is very clean and has never seen the dirt or outdoors.
Yea but I bet Jess has touched it once or twice and that would make me not want it.
__________________
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS RACE OVAL
olds45512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #1120
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I converted the 3/12 A Mains to a PDF using a utility called CutePDF Writer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3-11-12 Oval Mains .pdf (50.6 KB, 65 views)
SBWheels2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #1121
Tech Fanatic
 
highster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SW PA
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

Anyone have any extra brushless ESc's that would want to sell at the track?

Looking for something sensored.

Thanks,
Tom
highster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #1122
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania,USA
Posts: 108
Default ???

I am planning on running 8th scale e-buggy this summer if I ever get one. I know nothing about 8th scale size brushless motors, is the lower the kv the more top speed it has or the other way around? Also I dont know what size motor to get. I am planning on getting a rc8.2e buggy to run. And as for servos, how much torque do I need for a buggy? Any help would be much appreciated.



Thanks-Derick Yost---------Team Associated RC Racing
jjdyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #1123
Tech Addict
 
carcrusher46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the 'burgh
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Hi Derick - basically, the lower the KV, the more torque and less RPM you have. I run a Tekin 1900kv T8 Buggy motor in my 1/8 buggies. As far as a servo goes, I really wouldn't go below 150oz - I run a XP 1015 servo in all of my cars and it's a great value for 1/8 applications due to it's good torque and great speed.

One thing you definitely don't want to skimp on with a 1/8 vehicle is your electronics - the only 3 systems that I would put into a 1/8 car would be a Tekin, Castle or the new LRP system - the cheap Hobbywing stuff just won't cut it in a true racing application. You'll also want at least 5000mah 40c batteries - I prefer to run a pair of 2s Lipos rather than one 4s since I can always take those packs and run them in my 1/10 stuff as well if need be. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at the track!
__________________
Matt Stoltz
Thank you to my sponsors:
Team Associated - Reedy - JConcepts - Life Fast RC Paintworks
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #1124
Tech Master
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdyost View Post
I am planning on running 8th scale e-buggy this summer if I ever get one. I know nothing about 8th scale size brushless motors, is the lower the kv the more top speed it has or the other way around? Also I dont know what size motor to get. I am planning on getting a rc8.2e buggy to run. And as for servos, how much torque do I need for a buggy? Any help would be much appreciated.



Thanks-Derick Yost---------Team Associated RC Racing
That 1/8 scale I picked up on sunday. Everybody is telling me to run the Tekin RX-8 ESC w/ either the 2250kv or 2050kv in it!!! Servo's I don't know much about... Still might go nitro with mine... On the servo's just going off the losi website. There's a 25% chance this roller could be for sale... I found a Race Setup RTR Nitro for $400... Guy tells me yes Im gonna get and see which has a nicer set up chassis wise and sell one of the rollers. Or make one into a E-Scale.
__________________
Sponsored by: Mugen|Proline|LFR|Carpy's
Chad Segner
spider882009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #1125
Tech Master
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default Thanks Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrusher46 View Post
Hi Derick - basically, the lower the KV, the more torque and less RPM you have. I run a Tekin 1900kv T8 Buggy motor in my 1/8 buggies. As far as a servo goes, I really wouldn't go below 150oz - I run a XP 1015 servo in all of my cars and it's a great value for 1/8 applications due to it's good torque and great speed.

One thing you definitely don't want to skimp on with a 1/8 vehicle is your electronics - the only 3 systems that I would put into a 1/8 car would be a Tekin, Castle or the new LRP system - the cheap Hobbywing stuff just won't cut it in a true racing application. You'll also want at least 5000mah 40c batteries - I prefer to run a pair of 2s Lipos rather than one 4s since I can always take those packs and run them in my 1/10 stuff as well if need be. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at the track!
Thanks Matt!!! That helps me out also!!! I know Im alittle slow sometimes and get frustrated quick but this is alot of fun for me... And even with my frustrations it is way more relaxing then my 6 day a week work days.
__________________
Sponsored by: Mugen|Proline|LFR|Carpy's
Chad Segner
spider882009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net