R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #1021
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tom nice to see you make the A-main last week in stock SC are you going to try and do it again
Old 02-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #1022
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

I know right?

Nope I'm gonna place this time....

It's my story and I'm sticking to it.......
highster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #1023
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highster View Post
They sure are. If memory serves me they are just slightly smaller than the Legends, but basically the eaxct same design. I know back in the day, about 6-8 years ago, I had more fun running legends than anything else. Get 6-8 of them out there at one time and its a blast.......
Legends and the Digger are somewhat similar in that they have a dual-plate fiberglass frame, but the similarities end there. The Legends cars are longer, they have kingpin suspension, runs the battery through the center of the car instead of across the chassis, has a ball differential instead of a solid axle, and has a pretty substantial front bumper. The Bolink/RJSpeed cars are a blast to run and they're also very simple to work on, and I've inquired to a few guys in the past about staring up a class for them but there wasn't much interest. If people want to get in on it, I might throw in and have some fun with it if we run them according to the class rules posted on www.rjspeed.com. I see these cars run down south all the time on a concrete oval and they're amazing to watch because they're all so close.
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #1024
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrusher46 View Post
Legends and the Digger are somewhat similar in that they have a dual-plate fiberglass frame, but the similarities end there. The Legends cars are longer, they have kingpin suspension, runs the battery through the center of the car instead of across the chassis, has a ball differential instead of a solid axle, and has a pretty substantial front bumper. The Bolink/RJSpeed cars are a blast to run and they're also very simple to work on, and I've inquired to a few guys in the past about staring up a class for them but there wasn't much interest. If people want to get in on it, I might throw in and have some fun with it if we run them according to the class rules posted on www.rjspeed.com. I see these cars run down south all the time on a concrete oval and they're amazing to watch because they're all so close.
THanks Matt, I totally forgot about the ball diff and the battery mounting. I guess the only diggers I've ever had were converted to pullers. Maybe thats why I forgot, or that I'm just old.

I dont know that I can make every Sunday, but I'd be willing to play by the posted class rules. I like the idea behind the class. Cheap-Fun.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #1025
Tech Rookie

Default Oval Start

If team Yost goes at 7am, I will also anybody else ? 7,8,9 I dont even need an alarm clock actually, I dont sleep... I wait .
blinkt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #1026
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

starting that early its no longer a hobby it becomes a job 10 is early enough 12 is fine also.
chuck kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #1027
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrusher46 View Post
May I run a stock 27 turn motor in my digger?
Does it matter what esc or servo i run? I am using the stuff I have laying around for it, do not want to put anymore money in it.

EARLY SYART: I do agree with chuck but even if the doors opened at 9 and racing started at 10am that would be awesome.

Tom u get slow because u dont sleep, thats not healthy racing
jjdyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #1028
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck kirk View Post
starting that early its no longer a hobby it becomes a job 10 is early enough 12 is fine also.
I totally agree.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #1029
Tech Addict

I'd say the people who want to run the class should meet and discuss what we want for a motor rule - I think a 27t ROAR brushed stock motor rule would be fine. I think if we ran the Legends class though (which would not include the Digger) we should stick to the manufacturer class rules because they are extremely limiting and don't allow for any modifications to the cars - it focuses on driving and not messing with the car at all.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #1030
Tech Rookie

Default sunday start

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdyost View Post
OPEN THE TRACK AT 10 AM OR SOONER. HEY YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL, IF WE COULD EAT LUNCH AFTER WE GET HOME FROM RACING HAHA. Opening at 7 start racing at 8 would be VERY NICE!!!

And to tom u get slow and nervous when you enter the building and see me waiting to beat you. Ha

Also ryan tell justin that i just ordered a rj speed digger to run but is on backorder for a couple weeks so if he wants to race them that would be awesome.
You would be happy as a pig in mud if you could feed while you race !
Yeah, I know, you could still beat me while holding a samich when you drive HA
Old 02-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #1031
Tech Rookie

Default sunday time

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck kirk View Post
The 10 is very nice , I think sooner may lose some people
Old 02-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #1032
Tech Apprentice

What is the start time? Last I heard it was 12, now everybodys talking 10? I am getting confused... any earlier than 10 and I cannot possibly make it anymore, which would suck after putting $300 into the Late Model build, that I cannot drive anywhere else...
Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #1033
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

just heard the doors will open at 10 am on sunday the26th.. sorry iwas logged in under my sons name this is chuck.
JLKirk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #1034
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
What is the start time? Last I heard it was 12, now everybodys talking 10? I am getting confused... any earlier than 10 and I cannot possibly make it anymore, which would suck after putting $300 into the Late Model build, that I cannot drive anywhere else...
Yep this week Sunday Feb. 26, is a 10am open with racing starting at 11:30am.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #1035
Tech Addict

I hope everyone got home safely tonight - 130 wasn't too bad all the way to Jeannette, and then while driving through Jeannette the whiteout hit and by the time I hit 30, there was 3 inches of fresh snow on the roads and I was trailblazing some new paths up the roads. All within 2 miles!

As mentioned, racing will start at 11:30 on Sunday, with the doors opening at 10.