R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #916
Tech Master
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Smile Come-on!

Wow!!! People racing is suppose to be fun not about bitching!!! I get to race maybe one nite a week... I don't care what time were done! I just wanna race and have lots of fun doing it!!! I work 12 hours a day. If I can take one day a week and relax and race for 6 or 8 hours Id be happy... At the dirt tracks I go to we start @ 10 am and sometimes don't leave till 7 or 8 @ nite. Last sunday I went to a track we started @ 10 am and didnt finish till 2 am on a Sunday!!! But it was son much fun!!!!!

Fun is what it is all about!!!
__________________
Sponsored by: Mugen|Proline|LFR|Carpy's
Chad Segner
spider882009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #917
Tech Regular
 
Pete Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Murrysville, PA
Posts: 271
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sludge-T View Post
The main reason for the late starts sometimes are ppl registering at the last minute which slow things down. As for the late finishes its due to the lack of marshaling after the race is over. A 14 class night @5min runs is 70mins add a max of 2mins between rounds and you get and avg of 98mins per round for a total of 5hrs. At times it takes 3-5+ mins to get the next race going and at that rate it almost doubles the time we spend at the track.

So how do we cut this time down. Its very easy and we just started it for the first time last Friday. One way is IMPOUND IMPOUND IMPOUND. The other is we add a few more cars to each round and add a 2min clock. If you are not out on the track in time you are out of luck.

First on the added cars to the round. I know most ppl will complain its to hard to drive with an excessive amount of cars on the track at the same time. TRUE but how are you and others going to learn how to drive in traffic without having the experience of actually doing it. Learn the art of passing and not bashing. Also drivers who are 2 laps down just give the leaders room to pass. Your not going to make up the laps in in under 3mins.

Now on the impounds. If you are not back to back or only have one break between your next race you will IMPOUND your vehicle on the table in front of the announcers stand put your transponder back and pick a corner to marshal. This technique is practiced worldwide in rc racing, why can't we do it at PT. I will be helping to enforce this rule on Friday so be ready. For back to back racers ask someone to help cover you for marshaling.

Now for my last little rant. Waiting on ppl to race. There is no reason why(unless broken) someone should not be ready for their race. The next race is always announced 5mins before its ready to start(Race #1 on the track now Race#2 get them ready). Add the 2min clock to that and you have seven minutes from race to race to be ready. No excuse to be late and delaying the show.The only way for racers to learn this is to start a race without them. I bet next time they will be ready.

Thats all for now.
Great points Tony. Especially waiting on others holds up the program a lot. I like the "shot clock" idea. Especially if turnouts are getting this big. I feel bad when I have to leave before the mains cause its so late for my son to race.
__________________
In search of a faster transponder.
Pete Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #918
Tech Regular
 
Sludge-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider882009 View Post
Wow!!! People racing is suppose to be fun not about bitching!!! I get to race maybe one nite a week... I don't care what time were done! I just wanna race and have lots of fun doing it!!! I work 12 hours a day. If I can take one day a week and relax and race for 6 or 8 hours Id be happy... At the dirt tracks I go to we start @ 10 am and sometimes don't leave till 7 or 8 @ nite. Last sunday I went to a track we started @ 10 am and didnt finish till 2 am on a Sunday!!! But it was son much fun!!!!!

Fun is what it is all about!!!
I cant agree more, It's all about having a good time and fun. But if you noticed the next post after yours not everyone can stay till 2am. Thus requiring some sort of structure to keep the fun going on a timely manner.

Example: The Sunday b4 last I set the TQ in 2wd mod truck, but had to leave for work b4 my main was up because things started late and ran longer then normal. I wanted to run in the final race and like everyone else and not be forced to leave because people would rather do other things then get their vehicle ready for the next race. Most people run one class that gives them an hour+ between races. No reason not be ready and in queue for your race.

Its all about having fun, but you must respect the other racer around you because your actions may not make it fun for them.
Sludge-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #919
Tech Elite
 
Ostach24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,611
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Pm sent out situation addressed and taken care of.

Matt is a good driver and no one cheated.

Next the foam tire thing with sc was addressed early on, and others are as well. In fact, the tire issue was addressed imediately after he ran. Personally his lap times were only .2 faster than second place and he won because he didn't wreck. If there is a problem or concern go to the 3 in charge and let them know.

The guy who ran foams in 2wd truck was also addressed the racers were asked if they cared about the foams they said no let him run them. If they had a problem and said yes he shouldnt run them the he would have been asked to switch to foams. If they reall did have a problem why not speak up when asked or to someone who could do somehing about it? This gave him the choice to run either and he chose foams.
__________________
Cobra Graphics

For all your graphic design needs.
CobraGraphics.net
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #920
Tech Adept
 
olds45512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana,PA
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sludge-T View Post
I cant agree more, It's all about having a good time and fun. But if you noticed the next post after yours not everyone can stay till 2am. Thus requiring some sort of structure to keep the fun going on a timely manner.

Example: The Sunday b4 last I set the TQ in 2wd mod truck, but had to leave for work b4 my main was up because things started late and ran longer then normal. I wanted to run in the final race and like everyone else and not be forced to leave because people would rather do other things then get their vehicle ready for the next race. Most people run one class that gives them an hour+ between races. No reason not be ready and in queue for your race.

Its all about having fun, but you must respect the other racer around you because your actions may not make it fun for them.
+1

If I have to be at work on Saturday at 8 I can't stay till 2 in the morning then have and hour drive home, I don't enjoy being a zombie at work because I work with alot of tools that could take my fingers off and to be honest it will be kinda hard to race missing a couple digits.
__________________
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS RACE OVAL
olds45512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #921
Tech Apprentice
 
rag6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HITSBURGH!
Posts: 75
Default

I like how the impound worked last Fri, except when people were ignoring it. In all 3 of my runs my truck was the only one on the table.

Are we sticking with sc tires for Late Model? Need to figure out what I am buying next...

Thanks PT, Had a ton of fun last FRI on the off road course. Hope I can attend Fridays more often in the future.
__________________
getinsitdownshutuppayme
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #922
Tech Master
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Smile Well Then

@ the track I race @ in the summer if you aren't on track @ time when it suppose to start you don't race. And the last 2 dirt indoor tracks I went to if you weren't on track when they started you were laps down or you didnt race. None of this waiting around for people to get there cars ready. If you don't marshall you don't race I don't care if its your first time or millionth. I try to get out there as much as I can. As soon as my hockey is over I will be able to come on Fridays more often instead of just sunday's.

Sorry guys I just hate complaining!!! I don't like racing till early in the morning either but remember we all caused it. We all let it happen. Step up and say something or throw the green flag when its time to roll!!!

My friends all have there trucks now. So there is six of us with SCT's. I own a 4wd and 2wd mod. The rest all have 2wd mod. We will finally all be able to come soon.

Prob after the Motorama. There is a bunch of us up in this area that need places to race. I'm running dirt once a week and carpet once a week.
__________________
Sponsored by: Mugen|Proline|LFR|Carpy's
Chad Segner
spider882009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #923
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania,USA
Posts: 108
Default WANTED!!!

Anyone have any old stock 27 turn motors laying around. I need something that is HOT or real fast and clean kept. Also anyone have any transmission parts for a 6 gear rc10 or any parts in general for a rc10 goldpan 6 gear it would be appreciated.



thanks derick yost
jjdyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #924
Tech Addict
 
carcrusher46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the 'burgh
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Hi Derick - I have a whole case of them that you can have for $5 a piece - I believe they are all freshly cut and broken-in. I can bring them down Friday or Sunday if you want. Some Revenge of the Monsters, P2K-based motors, stock-race handout motors (they look similar to an Ultra Bird but they're 27t) and some others. Might even be a CO27 in there as well I'll have to check.
__________________
Matt Stoltz
Thank you to my sponsors:
Team Associated - Reedy - JConcepts - Life Fast RC Paintworks
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #925
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania,USA
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrusher46 View Post
Hi Derick - I have a whole case of them that you can have for $5 a piece - I believe they are all freshly cut and broken-in. I can bring them down Friday or Sunday if you want. Some Revenge of the Monsters, P2K-based motors, stock-race handout motors (they look similar to an Ultra Bird but they're 27t) and some others. Might even be a CO27 in there as well I'll have to check.
Awesome. We will be there this sunday, not sure about friday though. thanks alot I need some for my rc10 for vintage class on sunday


derick yost
jjdyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #926
Tech Regular
 
rcmark17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdyost View Post
Awesome. We will be there this sunday, not sure about friday though. thanks alot I need some for my rc10 for vintage class on sunday


derick yost
Come on Derick I need that rematch with in 4x4
__________________
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RACE OVAL
rcmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #927
Tech Regular
 
rcmark17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
I like how the impound worked last Fri, except when people were ignoring it. In all 3 of my runs my truck was the only one on the table.

Are we sticking with sc tires for Late Model? Need to figure out what I am buying next...

Thanks PT, Had a ton of fun last FRI on the off road course. Hope I can attend Fridays more often in the future.
As far as I seen they were all racing SC tires this pst Sunday
__________________
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RACE OVAL
rcmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #928
Tech Addict
 
carcrusher46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the 'burgh
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I'll bring them down for ya on Sunday Derick.

I think that at least one of the cars had the dynamite street tires which look darn cool with the sidewall lettering. The cars looked like they handled more realistically than I expected - they were carrying the left front wheel through the corners just like a real late model!
__________________
Matt Stoltz
Thank you to my sponsors:
Team Associated - Reedy - JConcepts - Life Fast RC Paintworks
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #929
Tech Regular
 
rcmark17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Matt do you have any arms. for the CO27 I still have those 2 Fantom team editions that just scream. They have more torque than some 17.5 motors
__________________
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RACE OVAL
rcmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #930
Tech Addict
 
carcrusher46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the 'burgh
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Unfortunately I don't have any spare arms - just a bunch of complete motors. Those Fantom motors really did run awesome when you had them. I couldn't believe how quickly the comms wore on them though.
__________________
Matt Stoltz
Thank you to my sponsors:
Team Associated - Reedy - JConcepts - Life Fast RC Paintworks
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net