Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

ok i want to clear things up I am not in any means in charge of the track and did not make rules, i just thought that we should run a class with only sc10s and only the stock reedy brushless systems that come in them because a large majority of people run those sc10s. we need a class like this because i do not want to be competing in a mod sc class with a little 3300kv system when other people are running huge kv motor systems. that is not fair, their needs to be two seperate classes. i know that u might get alot more laps with a slower truck than in mod but still i want to run both classes. the other trucks could run in just the mod class or another stock class. but as i know their is no more box stock on sundays as far as brushed motors go,they are a thing of the past. so im just trying to make another class which would benifit the track also.

thanks derick yost
Old 12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jjdyost
ok i want to clear things up I am not in any means in charge of the track and did not make rules, i just thought that we should run a class with only sc10s and only the stock reedy brushless systems that come in them because a large majority of people run those sc10s. we need a class like this because i do not want to be competing in a mod sc class with a little 3300kv system when other people are running huge kv motor systems. that is not fair, their needs to be two seperate classes. i know that u might get alot more laps with a slower truck than in mod but still i want to run both classes. the other trucks could run in just the mod class or another stock class. but as i know their is no more box stock on sundays as far as brushed motors go,they are a thing of the past. so im just trying to make another class which would benifit the track also.

thanks derick yost
I agree anything to help the track.

I guess I just took it a little personally, that it would be a "box stock sc10" only class. As I'm just getting back into the hobby after a 6+ year hiatus. And I'm currently buying Slashes and a Torment for me.

You maybe totally correct that there isn't anything but sc10's running Sundays right now, but in the next few weeks, after the holidays, there just might be. As you might be able to tell from my avatar, I'm an AE fan, but AE doesn't not fit into my current budget. And I will run the RTR brushed motors until they die, and will upgrade to brushless at that time. I also know that, from a racing point of view, my trucks probably aren't competive with the sc10s that you have, but I want to race.

And finally I just dint want to feel excluded, because of the brands I own. I'm not looking for a track war. I just want to run..
Old 12-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jjdyost
so im just trying to make another class which would benifit the track also.
Isn't that how on-road died?

Mark, didn't we run 17.5s with the stock Sc10 motors? I think they were pretty even on the road course but I don't know how they would compare on an oval though.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Sorry havent been reading up lately getting everything ready to graduate.

Ill throw out some thoughts i have and remember being discussed before.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
DISCLAIMER - these are NOT the actual rules for the class yet - hopefully in the next week or two the track officials will come up with an official set after talking with more of the drivers that have run/plan to run in the class. I'm not one of the track officials, nor am I to be viewed as one.

I talked to Jimmy on the phone last night and we discussed a few things, and he brought up that it may be best to carry over the existing rules from a former local track that most of us ran at, and thus all of our existing vehicles would still be legal for the class.

Basically it would be like this:
Must run v-tread, non-street style tires
Battery must be encased in the proper compartment (no batteries hanging open under the chassis)
Minimum ground clearance requirement of some sort

As far as chassis go, Jim and I agreed that allowing the conversion-type stadium trucks would be best to start until there would be enough to split the classes up.

Again, these aren't set in stone, and were just the result of a phone conversation. If you have any ideas, bring them up Friday at the track and maybe we can get something going.
I will not be there this Fri, but next.
I was planning running the stock pede talons? They are not v treads, but thats all I have at the moment. Do you think that would be a possibility?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rag6
I will not be there this Fri, but next.
I was planning running the stock pede talons? They are not v treads, but thats all I have at the moment. Do you think that would be a possibility?
Talons are legal
Old 12-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by highster
I agree anything to help the track.

I guess I just took it a little personally, that it would be a "box stock sc10" only class. As I'm just getting back into the hobby after a 6+ year hiatus. And I'm currently buying Slashes and a Torment for me.

You maybe totally correct that there isn't anything but sc10's running Sundays right now, but in the next few weeks, after the holidays, there just might be. As you might be able to tell from my avatar, I'm an AE fan, but AE doesn't not fit into my current budget. And I will run the RTR brushed motors until they die, and will upgrade to brushless at that time. I also know that, from a racing point of view, my trucks probably aren't competive with the sc10s that you have, but I want to race.

And finally I just dint want to feel excluded, because of the brands I own. I'm not looking for a track war. I just want to run..

I don't make it every Sunday, but do know for a fact that there are more than just sc10's running in mod 2wd Short course. Everyone has the brand they like or the brand they support, that is what keeps the hobby going. A "brand specific" short course class maybe a good idea if there is enough for it, but also just creates another class and thins out the already existing classes. Stock is 17.5, and mod is anything under, speed isnt everything! So how about a Losi XXX-SCT class this Sunday with 7.5 Motors?!?!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Rookie

You want to run a class just for SC10's with the 3300kv? They already have a class like that, it's called box stock. What other cars and motors do you have so we can make classes just for what you run?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

as far as mod monster i dont see a problem with running whatever for the time being. As soon as there are a lot of guys we can work out the rules. There should be a certain height, but I think we should not allow converted stadium trucks. We had a lot of guys upset before when the sts would win.

For box stock the track has a box stock class. yes, some cars come with 17 turn brushed and others 3300 equivalent to a 13.5 and the trx system which is equal to a 10.5 or more. The track knows that they are not the same but they are run together because that is how they come out of the box. the class is meant for guys who just go out and buy a vehicle and want to run. Most likely those guys who just get into it are not capable of running with modified guys and the motors are not equal to 17.5 so they shouldn't run with stock. If it was run how the old unemployment office was they should actually be in a novice class. This lets them all run together and have a good time.

It was mentioned before that the box stock class should be just that and nothing else. Servos and radios make a huge difference, but since so many guys want a certain radio and the speedos and servos fry. The track said that it should be the rtr esc and motor, tires are optional and so is the radio and servo once it fries.

If we had enough guys who wanted to run only sc10s or only t4s or whatever then okay, but when we start splitting everything up we will end up with many classes of 2 or 3. If you guys still want to run with 2 that is fine, you can run it that way. I know to me it is always more fun when there is 4 or 5 total with a few heats of that class so there is a battle to get into the A main.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

hey d.k. watched the video and wow that was hard to make it the whole way through haha my head went crazy. cool video it was just hard to watch it out of the tailgate when everything was backwards.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

highster bring out the cars and your friends. you will get put where you can run, just let the guys know what you have and they will point you in the right direction.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24
highster bring out the cars and your friends. you will get put where you can run, just let the guys know what you have and they will point you in the right direction.
Thank you, we will be out. I'm pretty sure we wont be running till the Friday after Christmas, but we will be regulars.

This is mostly due to the fact that I dont want to allow my son, who is 17, to run his truck before my girlfriends boys get theirs for Christmas, as they all got or are getting them as Christmas presents. But we will be there at least watching and BSing before...
Old 12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

yeah come one out hang out with the guys and have a good time.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Tech Adept

I am again wanting to start a class where speed is not different,I want a class where driving skill comes into play. I know i am being brand specific but maybe if we can get this class up and running u could run anything with the reedy 3300kv or another similar 13.5 motor

thanks derick yost
Old 12-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dkrall
Isn't that how on-road died?

Mark, didn't we run 17.5s with the stock Sc10 motors? I think they were pretty even on the road course but I don't know how they would compare on an oval though.
they were pretty even but if you knew how to DRIVE you were faster than the 17.5's but on the oval my little 2300kv 17.5 eats them Reedy motors (3300kv) up and thats with a Novak GTB with no boost and timing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.