R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #586
Tech Rookie

Default box stock class

If there are atleast 4 box stock racers we will run box stock.We like seeing interest in other classes.We will run just about anything. This friday bring your E-REVOS & stampedes we are going to start running them this friday 12/9 it will be a blast. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thanks john
blitz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

thats awesome that you won that truck. I would say yeah run the box stock, just sign up for it. The thing is sometimes we have to throw the box stock and stock together if there isnt enough for both. We try to split it up because they are not equals but sometimes we have no choice.

For all your graphic design needs.
CobraGraphics.net
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #588
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Revo's holy crap.
Revo Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #589
Tech Apprentice

What a great race Saturday! Sorry I dropped out, but the cheap hobby king motor I ran, the rotor was slipping on the shaft and is toast. Also sorry to Gary for breaking his new driver.That was very nice to lend me a transmission after my slash steel gears broke(WHAT?). The mt class looks like so much fun. I will be there next Fri with my Stampede, and hopefully this Sun for oval with the kid(up to her). Thanks to everyone for putting on such a great show. It was nice to see the smiles on the kids faces driving the rce sct trucks
-Gizmo

P.S. Any tally on how much was raised?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #590
Tech Apprentice

What are the rules for the mt class?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #591
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

What would the rules be for box stock oval?

I mean is it truely "box stock" as in stock tires, shocks, springs, drive shafts, ect.?

I understand the motors, just wondering what else it has to be.

I may know a few guys that are getting back into RC, that would run this class on Sundays.
highster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:08 AM   #592
Tech Adept

the rules are only sc10s with stock brushless that are in them out of the box,they are the reedy motor and xp digital esc system. only sc10s nothing else. no limit on servos because lets face it, the stock servos suck,also tires,and any aftermarket parts are ok to use. these rules i think would be good to use but i am not in charge. trying to stir up a good conversation about another class

thanks derick yost
jjdyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:49 AM   #593
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdyost View Post
the rules are only sc10s with stock brushless that are in them out of the box,they are the reedy motor and xp digital esc system. only sc10s nothing else. no limit on servos because lets face it, the stock servos suck,also tires,and any aftermarket parts are ok to use. these rules i think would be good to use but i am not in charge. trying to stir up a good conversation about another class

thanks derick yost
I don't race oval but alot of places that run a box stock class allow any rtr sc truck but your aloud to use electronics and tires from any rtr. Basically you could run any chassis with any electronics and tire and long as they came on a rtr, so if you wanted to run a blitz you could just run it stock or put the reedy 3300 system in it.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #594
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdyost View Post

thanks derick yost
Wow, limiting a box stock class to only one manufacturer's truck would really seem to limit the class. At least thats my thinking. As I see it there are many trucks out that, that may not be race ready out of the box. At least not on the same race level as a sc10, but could still compete in the hands of a decent driver.

And from my personal perspective, I know at least three people that would show up to race, but we have Slashes and Torments. In my mind it doesn't make sense to me why the track wouldn't want our money to race.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #595
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default BOX STOCK

ok if you guys check the PT website under classes they have rules which are pretty simple as to how it comes out of the box is what you run and there is no brand specfic check it out I remember guys running it in the past and the only changes some made was radio gear not sure about the servos though hopes some of this helps out

Last edited by rcmark17; 12-06-2011 at 09:29 AM.
rcmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #596
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmark17 View Post
ok if you guys check the PT website under classes they have rules which are pretty simple as to how it comes out of the box is what you run and there is no brand specfic check it out I remember guys running it in the past and they only changes some made was radio gear not sure about the servos though hopes some of this helps out
Thanks,

I did not see the rules on the website, but I will look again later. I was really concerned about the radio and shocks, as myself and my buddy bought three trucks last weekend, as rollers, one had aftermarket shocks, and the other had no radio. I was going to get the flysky 2.4 radio for my sons, but I wasnt sure if this would be ok in a "box stock" class. And I really didnt think the shocks would fly, but wasnt sure.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #597
Tech Regular

Default rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
What are the rules for the mt class?

I am not sure if they have any rules yet but I think it was run what you have in it also ask Jim or John as they were running them so they might know of some rules
Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #598
Tech Regular

Thanks to all who came out to race this past Saturday for our Kotecki benefit race. It was great to see the Kotecki's there with the boys having fun and laughing and just having a great time with everybody there. I talked to the family on Sunday evening and was told that the boys got out the garden hose and took the handles off the brooms and made their own driveway race track Sunday morning. So it looks like in the future we will see 2 more racers coming to have a good time racing with everybody.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #599
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

DISCLAIMER - these are NOT the actual rules for the class yet - hopefully in the next week or two the track officials will come up with an official set after talking with more of the drivers that have run/plan to run in the class. I'm not one of the track officials, nor am I to be viewed as one.

I talked to Jimmy on the phone last night and we discussed a few things, and he brought up that it may be best to carry over the existing rules from a former local track that most of us ran at, and thus all of our existing vehicles would still be legal for the class.

Basically it would be like this:
Must run v-tread, non-street style tires
Battery must be encased in the proper compartment (no batteries hanging open under the chassis)
Minimum ground clearance requirement of some sort

As far as chassis go, Jim and I agreed that allowing the conversion-type stadium trucks would be best to start until there would be enough to split the classes up.

Again, these aren't set in stone, and were just the result of a phone conversation. If you have any ideas, bring them up Friday at the track and maybe we can get something going.
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #600
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by highster View Post
Thanks,

I did not see the rules on the website, but I will look again later. I was really concerned about the radio and shocks, as myself and my buddy bought three trucks last weekend, as rollers, one had aftermarket shocks, and the other had no radio. I was going to get the flysky 2.4 radio for my sons, but I wasnt sure if this would be ok in a "box stock" class. And I really didnt think the shocks would fly, but wasnt sure.
I cant see why you could not run a truck with aftermarket shocks there would not be that much of a proformance gain and plus the rules state bind and drive so a 2.4 radio should still be legal once again most rtr are coming with some sort of 2.4 radio now but you still should check with Andy,Jim,or John at the track