R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 10-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #451
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How about ifmar style starts for qualifying?

I rarely come out but I would have preferred to start on the heats from the straightaway than the center last Friday night. I thought it would be cleaner to start a race from there.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #452
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
new track up this week, will have pictures soon.
Will this be the same layout for the benefit race or are you guys going to put up a different layout for that day?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:28 AM   #453
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Vitale View Post
How about ifmar style starts for qualifying?

I rarely come out but I would have preferred to start on the heats from the straightaway than the center last Friday night. I thought it would be cleaner to start a race from there.
I think a straightaway start with even spacing would be better but regardless of where we start if everybody takes the first turn at full throttle it wont make a difference. I prefer to take it easy thru the first turn so the feild spreads out a bit, that way(if im doing good) I can make my way thru the feild 1 car at a time. There's plenty of room in the turns for 2 cars but when there's 3 or more in the turn then it start to get a little tight and with open wheel racing it just takes 1 bump to make a big pile up. Ifmar qualifying would be ok with me but im not sure if there computer has the capability to do it, that may be something to ask the track crew about.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #454
Tech Adept

On a positive note its nice to finally have a good turnout for 2wd truck and buggy. I thought George did a great job driving his loner buggy for the first time. I can't wait till friday, when it starts to get cold out it makes me want to go racing.lol
Old 10-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #455
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds45512 View Post
Will this be the same layout for the benefit race or are you guys going to put up a different layout for that day?
not sure we will have to see how things work out
rcmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #456
Tech Adept

I talked to Ryan and he's going to try to take the friday before the benefit race off so we might see him for friday and Saturday racing. Maybe he will chime in hear to confirm that that is his plan.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #457
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

wasn't there this past week to see all the action you guys were talking about but it can be addressed in the drivers meeting before the races.

If you see someone doing something un-racer like just politely go up to them and give them some positive advice.

usually the fastest way out of a situation like that is to just wait for the t.m. if you push the car you are going slower because you push them and you will most likely need a t.m. anyways haha ever see a car push another one while the t.m. is chasing trying to get them apart???
also run the risk of being pulled across the pipes into the other lane and way off track anyways...
somethings do happen sometimes and the nerves get the best of people every now and again, some may not even know they do it... see an obvious fouls/penalties in sports and the guy holds up his hands in disbelief... kinda the same until he sees himself do it and they are pros, but we have a great group of guys at the track.

For all your graphic design needs.
CobraGraphics.net
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #458
Tech Elite

In my opinion the starting line was a terrible choice. I don't think it is good to jam everyone into a corner... also having the loop right there we had some .01 first laps that messed with the qualifying.

Personally i thought it should have been on the back straight with the center jump removed and then replaced after the race was started, but majority vote rules and most of the racers said just start there or we don't care where we start.

Looks like the easy solution to this is to place the cars in staggered ordert, because i have notice that even when the cars move forward to get away from the bunch all of the other drivers move forward too. also straight is usually the best starting point for races. it is an easy solution though no biggie.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #459
Tech Elite

Qualifying could go either way. There are pros and cons to each. some say you wont have the battle in qualifying with ifmar, but if everyone is on their own time they are less likely to get out of the leaders way because they feel they have a chance to be the tq.

If we space the guys out on the qualifying with ifmar the first guy is potentially coming up on the back end of the pack by the time the last guy gets started. I think it would be great if we had a 30-45 second lap times to spread the field, but we have had 9-12 in our past tracks.

Time was another factor. Everyone seems to want to get out early but we always have to wait for guys to come out and t.m. so everything gets pushed back anyways and many dont stay to t.m. after their main is done. With ifmar everyone is on their own 5 min, so that means more than 5 min and people will be there longer... shouldnt be a problem.

ifmar could settle ppl down at the beginning by not having them rush out of the gate and no pile ups in 1st corner... the new track there shouldnt be any problem with the pile up though.

If we went ifmar we would have to do the t.m. thing a little different to make sure everyone was right back out there and not messing around in the pits taking their stuff back.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 11-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #460
Tech Elite

As far as the benefit, I was a little surprised to see that there was a flyer with a date posted today when the track was changed over. Not too sure what is going on with it. when i get more info ill fill everyone in. looks like mark is more in the loop than i am on this one...

CobraGraphics.net
Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #461
Tech Elite

new track pics here. times were... come find out wednesday practice night I will say there wont be any 8 second laps on this one.
Attached Thumbnails
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin-1031112026a.jpg   PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin-1031112026.jpg   PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin-1031112025.jpg   PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin-1031112024.jpg  

CobraGraphics.net
Old 11-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #462
Tech Elite

I like the set up because you got 2 tech sections to keep you on your toes, but also an actual straight with no jumps to get the speed. the straight and the back jump section should separate the stock from mod guys a little bit.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 11-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #463
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
As far as the benefit, I was a little surprised to see that there was a flyer with a date posted today when the track was changed over. Not too sure what is going on with it. when i get more info ill fill everyone in. looks like mark is more in the loop than i am on this one...
sorry andy i did not keep you in the loop if you want call or text me laterto get got up but the date on that posted flyer is going to change Jim is not going to be in town on that date he wants to be there to help keep that day running smooth as far as new date we will let everyone know soon as possible plus this gives us more time to get more prizes in some have already came in the mail
rcmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #464
Tech Adept

The new layout looks pretty good, I think the only problem with ifmar qualifying would be that the mains would still be heads up and wouldent make any improvements to the race that matters the most. I think starting on a straight staggered with 3-4 feet between cars would work the best. Maybe a little piece of tape on the carpet so people know were to line up.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #465
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

i think we may use the tape thing i talked to andy about that lastnight
Revo Dan is offline   Reply With Quote