R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #361
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Vitale View Post
Anybody using Pro Line street fighters in SC? I picked up a set and wondered how they are working out if at all. I cleared a race night for Friday with my wife so see you guys then!
i know gary d. had a set on his slash and they seem to work for him other than that i dont know anybody else using them
rcmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #362
Tech Regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris172 View Post
Thanks, I've been missing out then I run SC and have made a couple of weeknights, but the weekends would be nice. I saw Dan this past Sun actually and he asked me if I was racing but I said no - I thought oval was whole other ball of wax (car!). If I can run my truck then I'm there! If I run the same truck do most people tighten things up, limit the shocks, etc, or just keep it more run-whatcha-brung?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
Honestly most guys just run a piece of tape to keep them from flipping over.

If you want to set the car up specifically for oval then yeah put limiters in the shocks to drop it some, use a little heavier oil, might want the right side stiffer than the left, but honestly it's a great group of guys out at the track on Sundays and they strap a piece of tape around and have a great time. As far as the other stuff the track races mini sprint cars mini late models. Some guys ome to run pan cars about once a month or so. 2wd truck is a big class. Bring what you have and have a good time.
i second what andy says actually i run the friday night raod course (still funner than oval) and take my truck and throw it out on the oval as is works great if you have a good setup some guys there tell me i have a wrong setup and gearing but it is fast and corners great
Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #363
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

We have a new course set up for this week. Earlier tonight was the first run on it. I wasn't there, have finals to worry about, but I will post a pic a little later, if dan remembered to take it lol.
Anyways I will be running mod 2wd buggy and truck friday night. Dan has his buggy ready and john p will also be running mod this week. Maybe Larry too, if he can make it. Might try to talk Dan M into it too.
See you guys friday... o and i hear there will be some new guys for oval on sunday, so bring the nascars and mini late models and mini sprints.

For all your graphic design needs.
CobraGraphics.net
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #364
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24
Honestly most guys just run a piece of tape to keep them from flipping over.

If you want to set the car up specifically for oval then yeah put limiters in the shocks to drop it some, use a little heavier oil, might want the right side stiffer than the left, but honestly it's a great group of guys out at the track on Sundays and they strap a piece of tape around and have a great time. As far as the other stuff the track races mini sprint cars mini late models. Some guys ome to run pan cars about once a month or so. 2wd truck is a big class. Bring what you have and have a good time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmark17 View Post
i second what andy says actually i run the friday night raod course (still funner than oval) and take my truck and throw it out on the oval as is works great if you have a good setup some guys there tell me i have a wrong setup and gearing but it is fast and corners great
Thanks guys, I'll drop it a little Sunday and come out and play. I already have the 2 stock limiters in ea. front and 1 in ea. rear for indoors. Hey anyone run a RC18 with a late body or tried to? Probably too wide(?). I got one in a few pieces- if that's legal I might have a reason to start work on. Nonetheless, the ragged SC will give it a run. Thanks.
Chris172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #365
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
We have a new course set up for this week. Earlier tonight was the first run on it. I wasn't there, have finals to worry about, but I will post a pic a little later, if dan remembered to take it lol.
Anyways I will be running mod 2wd buggy and truck friday night. Dan has his buggy ready and john p will also be running mod this week. Maybe Larry too, if he can make it. Might try to talk Dan M into it too.
See you guys friday... o and i hear there will be some new guys for oval on sunday, so bring the nascars and mini late models and mini sprints.
the track is fast and open the racing should be great the front double jump is going to be lots of fun center section could see alot of nice passes made
Old 05-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #366
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmark17 View Post
the track is fast and open the racing should be great the front double jump is going to be lots of fun center section could see alot of nice passes made
Beware the pit in front of the platform!.

...and is it me or is the website down?
Chris172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #367
Tech Elite

website was down... hostmonster said they were doing something idk exactly what, but It is back up and running now. Sorry guys... pt will have videos up and running shortly. pt has purchased little cameras and will be putting that on youtube whenever they come in and get the footage.

Also pt is thinking of having some sort of points series. Details arent worked out yet, but it is in the works.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 05-26-2011, 05:28 AM   #368
Tech Adept

hey andy,sorry couldnt be there last sunday.hurt my knee bad in gym at school but planning on coming this sunday if all works out right.

points series would be fun to do.i'm all for it!
jjdyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #369
Tech Elite

Guys call Jim up and let him know if you'll be there or not for the weekend. He is trying to get a count on how many people will be at the track. 412 480 0882

CobraGraphics.net
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #370
Tech Initiate

dont think I'll be making it tomorrow, need to do some work on the motorcycle
reh1555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #371
Tech Adept

For anyone who doesn't know, there will be racing on Sunday, May 29.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #372
Tech Regular

Default good times

it was good to see good old johnnie watt make the ride down to do some racing and it was good to hear him say he found a new racing spotand as a added bonus it was good to see john neiman back in the winners circle with his oval carthanks again to jim for keeping everthing moving along on sunday plus you guys are doing a great job
Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #373
Tech Initiate

Thought I'd throw this up here to see if any of the local guys would be interested before posting it in the main for sale area.

Team T4 with quick release hubs front and rear, 12 quick change wheels, 7 rear tires, 2 bodies...all the tires have plenty of tread left. Shocks were just rebuilt to match my other t4. Lunsford ti turnbuckles and RPM caps. Diff was rebuilt and raced twice. Chassis had been notched for battery leads by previous owner. Aluminum front bulkhead and bleeder shock caps. I'll look around and if I still have a hitec 605 left I'll toss it in too. Let it go as is for $100 Add a set of NIP holeshots for $15

If you dont like the quick release wheels I probably have parts to convert it to stock, but no wheels. We can work something out.

A set of brand new associated T4/SC10 ti turnbuckles I'd let go for $19 which is what I paid for them.

Have a few lunsford Ti turnbuckles NIP

Also have a set of new RPM front A-arms and bulkhead with hinge pins for a T4/SC10 for $10

SC10 gear diff new $20

Probably add more later

Last edited by reh1555; 05-31-2011 at 02:58 PM.
reh1555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #374
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tri oval layout

had a great time running the new oval layout good work change is nice and we still only had to turn left
chuck kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #375
Tech Elite

hey guys due to a lack of racers on wednesday and saturdays for practice the track is considering closing practice until the fall. give jim or big andy a call to let one of them know whether or not you want the practice before then.

on another note, the track has been changed again for the road course and yeah as chuck said it was a little different look for the oval guys too.

CobraGraphics.net