Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Old 02-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

I have a lot to say... Not sure whether I should get it out there or not, but I will get back to you guys.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think I'll leave the kinetic in the Mod XXX-SCT and keep the Havoc Pro in the 17.5 XXX-T. Sorry I asked, didn't mean to cause a stir! I like the idea of a spec Mini Sprint. Anybody have a crank puller for a set of 2nd Gen profile BMX cranks. Need some ebay funds!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Here it is fellas.

I have a lot to say to all you guys... First off I am speaking from
myself and not from any other guys from the track... This is just
my personal opinion on the topics presented earlier.
I can't believe that racers are actually complaining this much about
everything. Here is the thing, there is a handful of guys that seem to
complain about everything and anything they can. Examples...we said
that box stock and stock were different, not equal and and guys
complained and wanted them run together.
The track staff ran everyone together and more people complained. The
staff allowed them to be run seperate and the same guys complained,
because there were two seperate classes one with 3
racers and the other with 4 racers instead of 7 total running against
each other. The staff allowed foam on the road course for truck,
because a few people only had foams, guys complained...
The track followed roar rules with 1/8th scale and got complaints about
the 4 cell thing. Guys complained about not running 6 cell before it
was ever even opened.(we are talking lipos here not nimhs)
The track starts at a certain time so that a majority can get there and
race. If it isn't convenient for one person and they complain.
The staff decided not to count the track staff so that all of the
racers have a chance at a free race if you are next in line to
someone like myself and still people complain.
This track has a lot to offer that a lot of you seem to be overlooking.
There are some really good friendly people there. The track itself is warm,
clean, well kept, the best facility around yet there are still
complaints about everything. One for sure, maybe more, complained that
they got out too late and was/were too tired and stressed to play with
rc cars the next day... I come to race and have a good time. I do not
come to the track to see how quick I get back home. If I was worried
about this why should I even go to the track to race? I don't count for winning, but I still come to compete and have a good time. I stay waaaay later than everyone else to help clean and get the track ready for the next day, then wake up and spend the next day at the track, then stay late again, clean and do it again on Sunday. This is for good clean fun and it's not even a huge scale race with any real money or sponsorship on the line, and
still they complain they are too stressed and we need to get out early so they can go race the next day somewhere else.
We do run by a majority of roar rules, however there are things that we
let go so we are not hastling and nagging people constantly. Roar states
there is a weight minimum you need to follow. Would you like us to
check everyone in and weigh each car, and check battery voltages before
each race? Roar does that before every race they allow to be run.
Literally at the 1/8th scale nats people were disqualified for being
.01v over the limi. This means that if you turn on the car give it a little
gas to drop the voltage it is now allowed to be raced, don't and you are disqualified for the round. Also roar states that no quick change hubs/wheels on anything that doesn't come standard. This means guys that have t4s with
qc hubs are not legal. Would you like them to run mod? Also roar has a
certain list of legal escs for stock. We would have to check every esc
and all motors before each race. We might as well just eliminate any
motor that has the capability of advancing its timing, because I feel that
this will be the next thing that will be complained about. Should we
go by every single rule and crack down on everything so that it makes
it a hassle to race and not any fun? Only a few guys are actually
within that legal list for everything that roar says is legal, possibly
no one is legal considering all of the little details they go into...
including the guys complaining. Would you like them all dq'd or forced
to run in mod?
Also here is a big thing some of the guys complaining also used to run
20t armatures in a 27t can and complained about other guys running
brushless. There is no way you can run a 27t brushed motor as fast
as a brushless set-up... not possible, you can come close but it's not
the same. The big manufactures did this because they wanted to push out
the old models and force the guys to run the newest thing out. You are telling me that a car with a
brushed esc and motor with a lipo can actually get faster as the night
goes on without cleaning the motor. I ran a stock motor 27t, and if i
did not clean the motor after each heat it was at least a half second
slower, this is one heat, not an entire night. How do these guys actually get faster and faster as the night goes by with no cleaning... so fast that they are actually faster than the brushless... no way possible unless you run a different number of winds or modify the winds in the motor.

Some major events actually allow the boost anyways, and there is a
fight for it to be legalized, that way there is no controversy over it.
Roar will most likely pass it, they will pass it over time because they charge an arm and a leg for each event, and if you don't play by their rules they tell you to hit the highway. This is just like when brushless first came out, no one thought it would be legalized, but it was.You have to abide by their rules, that is that.
Matt you are the ring leader in complaining about boost and timing
advancement having an advantage over the other stock guys...
I ran with no boost, no timing (you were faster) and I beat you. You were
still faster than me... yet I won (I was not the fastest guy, but I
won with consistancy). I run with boost and timing, somehow you manage to go even faster than before and run the fastest lap of the night (including modified buggies and trucks. I ran mod buggy and you ran a faster time than
me... with a stock set-up) Once again I was not the fastest guy out
there, but managed to win. Guys, we can only go so fast around the
track. It doesn't matter how fast you go, if you can't keep the wheels
on the ground then speed doesn't matter. There is a time when too fast
hurts you, consitant driving is what wins the race, not the speed. (I come out to practice and when I practice I practice pretty seriously. Practice allows me not only to come out and get used to the course, but it also allows me to play with gearing, suspension and everything else that going into making me as fast as I am. You can't just show up to race and think that you will be as fast as everyone else.) Look at some of the mod guys, they run as slow or slower times and get less laps than in their stock truck because they can't control it and are on their roof most of the time. Back to the point...
If boost is such an advantage how are you(matt) still faster than me? I
mean unless you are not legal and have modified your motor or esc in
some way... if not then is the boost really an advantage? Look if you can run a 12.7 with what you have, you are plenty fast, and it proves that the regular equipment can be run as fast as the boosted. It doesn't matter whether or not you are pushing it as hard as you can or not, you still ran a 12.7 if you can run it once, you could possibly run it every time.
Also you wanted a restart for the main... what sporting event/race do
you know that restarts after it is started. You may say nascar, they
have cautions and then restarts. when there are huge wrecks on restarts
do they stop wait for everyone to fix their car and get back in line?
No, they have another caution only to get the guys who wrecked out of
the other guys way. They need to make the track safe, it is not to
allow the racers who wrecked to get back in line and have another
chance. Heck we would have to restart every single race as soon as
someone hit the pipes. Also what was up with you running your truck
straight into the wall and then throwing it under under your pit,
causing it to break? How is this an example of good sportsmanship?
You had no problem with any of this until the other night when I raced.
Why all of the sudden? Why try to get others fired up? I am tired of
hearing it, it's gone too far. Each track has its own set of rules that each racer must follow.
Some tracks have 17.5 stock some 13.5 some even 10.5. If you don't play by their rules, you can't race. PT Raceway has its set of rules too, so follow them and stop complaining.
You guys are worried about competing and the cost of it, the track cost could go up, there could be no free race given and also the track could state that you must run a certain type of gear, causing everyone to
drop another few hundred to be legal. The track staff tried compromise, but no matter what they tried to do you guys still complain. I know I don't want to be around a bunch of guys constantly complaining about
everything. I know I don't want to hear constant bickering about it
and I am sure the other racers don't want to either.
I just want to be able to run and have fun without all of the
nit-picking and complaining. This is rc, it is supposed to be fun. This track we race at now is a nice affordable facility, show it
some respect. We want to have the most fun without forcing people to
buy certain things, and without hastling everyone about everything.
To all the racers out there enjoying themselves and come bringing a positive attitude, I thank you. You are the reason I come to hang out and play with my toys every weekend.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Good advice Andy. Show the track respect and don't whine. If you have a beef take it up the Andy's or Jim Lonzo and work it out. See you guys this Sunday.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I think you guys are doing a great job with the track, but no matter what you do everyone will not be happy.

Keep up the good work!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I love forums! Are we really going to start calling everybody that has an opinion a whiner or a complainer? Is that the road we really want to go down? Andy, I would be willing to bet that if you didn't already own a boosting esc that there would be no way it would be legal.you could have the slowest truck out there and still win so its not going to help anybody but you if you truck is a lot faster than the rest. I remember seeing that this was going to be ran like a club but clubs vote on stuff they just don't have one guy dictating what the rules should be just to make themselves happy. Well I guess my point is this, if you allow boost then there no point in me even coming cuz I'm not dropping 200+ for each vehicle to keep up and there are several other people that share my same thought.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with you Andy, if more poeple spent more time working on thier cars than whinning, maybe they win a race. I have not come close to winning a race and I am there every Sunday ready to race. Because it's fun. I guess some people find whinning fun? If you need the 10$ free race, maybe you should stay at home and race for free.

Last edited by bwana6; 02-23-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Boost

I'm running a EZ Run 13.5 sensorless and have managed to win a few races. No Boost, no sensor, not even $100 in it. I forgot, chinese batteries. Go figure. I have boost in another vehicle and haven't placed higher than third, yet, without Andy racing and against the others mentioned. Just my 2 cents. Haven't been there in a couple of weeks because of work. Can't wait to catch up on the Housewife's of PTRaceway!!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would like to say that I am very surprised at all of this. I don't believe that anyone remembers why this track was started in the first place. This was built for people (RACERS AND FAMILY) to come and have an inexpensive night of fun. I feel that this is one of the nicest facilities around. there are no water hazards on the track or even in the pitt areas. The restrooms are clean and warm for even the ladies. there is a great spectator area and the pitt tables and lighting are second to none. As for the CLUB. At the end of every drivers meeting it is announced that if anyone has any concerns please feel free to talk to the board of directors. Jim Lonzo, Andy Ostach or John Lokay. They would take any sugestions into consideration. And in most cases they already have made changes to adress most of them. Also as a club member, somethig you belong to , You might want to ask if there is anything you could do to help. Like stick around and clean till 2:30 am on fri. Pick up the gloves and scrub the toilets every night. Oh what fun. Volunteer an evening of your time for the concession stand or even donate some paper towels or toilet tissue. Obviously $10.00 is the cheapest fee for anywhere. If you think that it doesn't take alot of money to run that facility your wrong.

As for the whinning. I believe that this is childish. If you are a grown ADULT contact the board of directors. Posting on the internet is not the proper way. That would be like asking for a raise over email. your boss would laugh.

I myself have some of the best equipment that money can buy. I still suck at driving.

REMEMBER YOUR HERE TO HAVE FUN!!!! GOOD CHEAP LEGAL CLEAN FUN!!!
AS LONG AS YOUR UPRIGHT AND BREATHING AND GOING TO THE RACES , YOUR A WINNER EVERYDAY.

BE THE BEST MOST CONSISTANT DRIVER YOU CAN AND PRACTICE. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I guess its easier to bitch about "whining" than it is to discuss the topic at hand.

I didnt see one person say the track wasnt a great place. Just because someone mentions an issue in no way means they dont appreciate the facility, the work that went into getting it up and running, or the work that it takes to maintain the track.....EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE, if someone mentions a problem its because THEY LIKE THE PLACE ENOUGH TO OPEN THEIR MOUTH WHEN THEY SEE SOMETHING THEY RECOGNIZE AS AN ISSUE.

The only thing you guys bitching about the "whiners" have accomplished is alienating every driver who has opened their mouth about ANYTHING, from the bathroom doorhandle to the tires in the corneres of the track and even drivers using equipment they are not supposed to. Who really wants to come talk to the "board" when this is what happens? Maybe the topic of boost was brought to the forum FOR THAT EXACT REASON, that way EVERYONE could discuss it in an open manner with their fellow drivers. Maybe the topic was brought here because it was just made apparent right here on this very board that boost is legal, even though I cant remember it ever being discussed with the drivers at the track. This isnt asking for a raise via email, its a discussion with a group of people and that is the entire purpose of a forum.

Only Andy actually addressed the issue of boost, they rest of you guys just whined about whining...thats so very productive. Andys response was "there shouldnt be a problem because I had a slower best lap than Matt, even though I was running boost and timing advance". Thats all well and good, but I had a slower best lap running an 8.5 than a lot of the stock field. Does that mean its ok to throw my mod truck down in stock as well? HELL NO, because running my bigger motor would put me at an unfair advantage...no different than a driver running a boosted setup vs a non-boosted field. I may not be able to take full advantage of my bigger motor because of my lack of practice or because the track layout is so tight, but that still doesnt make it OK to have the advantage. For all anyone knows a slightly more open layout will put a boosted truck at a huge advantage....then what? Are we going to split the class up into boost and no boost....or are we going to let drivers continue to run with a handicap?

If anyone bothered to read my post from earlier on, its easy to check for boosting modes and from what I saw on friday its very easy to spot on the track. http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...y%26t%3D445483

I go to the track to have fun just like the rest of you....thats why I spoke up. Plain and simple, its not fun when you see a "stock" truck pulling lengths on the field while accelerating out of a hairpin.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What i was saying is that name calling doesn't get us any further. Please lets talk about the task at hand. if there is a problem see the board fri or whenever your at the track. if you have concerns about boost no boost or whatever you think needs to be discussed talk about it. I don't believe we can get anywhere like this. not sure what you guys are trying to get to, but talk to the board. Thats why it is a club. And it also considers 50 plus people on the decissions it has to make. Im sure they can or will try to resolve any situation that is given to them.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

There was a lot said there... I just want to clearify that i am not on the board do not make the decisions and when i voiced my opinion that was from me only. i stated that before and am now stating it again. So if you do have complaints go to the board. The board has been notified about whats been going on here and will be awaiting the questions tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Initiate

My son and I have alot of fun on Sundays at the track.We don't worry about winning,just having fun.Thats what it's all about!!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pete Vitale
I think I'll leave the kinetic in the Mod XXX-SCT and keep the Havoc Pro in the 17.5 XXX-T. Sorry I asked, didn't mean to cause a stir! I like the idea of a spec Mini Sprint. Anybody have a crank puller for a set of 2nd Gen profile BMX cranks. Need some ebay funds!
Hey i know i have one somewhere, but it isnt necessary. If you want i can pull them off without messing anything up.
If you want to do it yourself i suggest asking shane about it, he is really big into bikes and has his own shop.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pete Vitale
Good advice Andy. Show the track respect and don't whine. If you have a beef take it up the Andy's or Jim Lonzo and work it out. See you guys this Sunday.
Originally Posted by kaptain8
I think you guys are doing a great job with the track, but no matter what you do everyone will not be happy.

Keep up the good work!
agreed.

I came out for the first time last week and had a great time. Carpet isnt my thing but i gave it a try and also had fun. Its a great facility,clean and well ran. What more could u ask for. Ive been to alot of races,roar,norrca etc and this is a good group of people that run the show and that goes a long way!.. You cant please everyone but for the guys that are complaining y ruin a good thing?

Anyways to the pt staff keep up the good work and ill see u guys soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.