Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bwana6
you don't want the mini slider. they are junk , if you want a sprint car get the new mini sprint they are a better car.
Bwana6 is right, the new sprint is a little bigger and seems to be much better on the track.
I know i always liked The look of the sprints, i remember going to challenger raceway all the time with my dad when i was younger. The sprints were my favorite back then and still are today.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think the sprints are really kool. gary seems to like his new one and it's fast with a lipo out of the box.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was thinking the mini slider and mini sprint were the same. Thanks for pointing that out! I'll check it out over the next few weeks. Have build up the squirrel fund since I bought a Novak Kinectic and some batteries. Is ESC boost/timing advanced allowed in the 17.5 classess? Have a good week. I'm stuck in Cinicinnatti this week. Thankfully there is no snow here!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Pete if your going to get one get the new mini sprint. They improved the design with the front end and bulkhead....the mini slider and mini late have the bulkheads like the xxxt and sct and they break very easy, especially if you were to run brushless. I have a mini slider and had the mini late with a 6800 mamba in it, very fast but broke all the time.

They are fun though, im thinking also about gettig a mini sprint, but leaving it stock.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

steve glad to hear your thinking about a new lsoi sprint i will be more than happy to take you back to driving school
Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pete Vitale
I was thinking the mini slider and mini sprint were the same. Thanks for pointing that out! I'll check it out over the next few weeks. Have build up the squirrel fund since I bought a Novak Kinectic and some batteries. Is ESC boost/timing advanced allowed in the 17.5 classess? Have a good week. I'm stuck in Cinicinnatti this week. Thankfully there is no snow here!
Yes we will allow for timing advancement and boost. It wouldn't be too hard to check, but it would add a lot of time to the races. Even at the big events they are allowing timing advancement, so we are following suite. There is no need to plug everyones esc into the computer every single race, or force people into buying a certain brand/model. We are out here to have a good time and to be able to run as clean and quick as possible.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by chuck kirk
steve glad to hear your thinking about a new lsoi sprint i will be more than happy to take you back to driving school
Hahahahahaha
Old 02-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Is anyone thinking of running mod buggy and truck this week. I brought old Mellow Yellow out of retirement on Sunday, and I am thinking of running both truck classes. Also need to see if I'll go back to stock in the buggy or just run mod. Thanks guys... Oh one more thing the website is updated, latest winners are up.
Sorry about the video, I haven't had much down time between class work and the track to be able to figure out how to put it in the site, so thanks for being patient and bare with me.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24
Yes we will allow for timing advancement and boost. It wouldn't be too hard to check, but it would add a lot of time to the races. Even at the big events they are allowing timing advancement, so we are following suite. There is no need to plug everyones esc into the computer every single race, or force people into buying a certain brand/model. We are out here to have a good time and to be able to run as clean and quick as possible.
i dont see how allowing it isnt forcing someone into spending money. if you allow it then i have to spend 200 dollars or more per vehicle to stay competitive when you guys could just turn the boost off for free. the stock class is ment to be a slower paced, more evenly matched, semi spec class not a who spent the most money class. checking cars every round isnt really needed because if someone is boosting it will be noticable. besides if people have to cheat it just shows what a poor racer they really are. i lose all the time but i do it honest and dont rely on an unfair advantage. i have dicussed this with several people who agree and dont want to spend a ton of money to stay competitive.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

boosting is also not aloud by roar rules which is what you guys said we were following. and speaking of rules i think that they should be inforced evenly regardless of who the person is. im not going to name names but there are a few people running cars that arnt legal for the class. i hate to be a pain but it really gets me jacked when people cant play by the rules so that we can have a fair competition.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll definitely be running stock truck and either mod buggy/stock corr or stock buggy/mod corr depending on turnout. Id rather run mod buggy since I just threw the mod motor in because of last weeks turnout....plus, I just cant leave Mark win 3 weeks in a row in stock corr

I really dont see any difficulty if running no-boost stock classes considering almost every manufacturer has been working with ROAR to come up with approved modes. http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737 IMHO checking before every race is way, way overkill...if someones boosting it will be apparent during the race and it would only take a few seconds to compare their ESC to the chart which I just threw up a link to. It says on the PT website there will be checks....and a quick look at an ESC LED's wouldnt even require removing the body if the windshield is clear.

I have no problem with picking up a boosting ESC to stay competitive if thats what it takes, but I dont like the idea of running boost in stock for 2 reasons. First, it defeats the purpose of the 17.5 motor limit; to keep the field tight. Boost is just a way to circumvent the reasoning behind the rule while staying within the motor limit...no doubt in my mind that the first use of it was to cheat in a limited motor race. Second, allowing boost widens the gap between novice and stock, both in the speed and the cost of being competitive. Ok, make it 3 reasons....its easy to turn boost off on a boostable esc, not so easy when its the other way around.

If it was up to me, I'd keep boost out of stock, but let anything go in mod. I'd rather have tight races than 2 or 3 lap blowouts, tight races are more fun to be in and definitely more fun to watch.

Last edited by reh1555; 02-22-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuck kirk
Old 02-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Id be in for a Sprint or Slider if it was a RTR class.Like mostRacing on a budget .
Old 02-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm not a fan of allowing boost either - I'm just running mod probably from now on or mod short course because I really don't feel like spending another $250 just to buy a motor/esc combo that will allow me to jack the boost and timing way up. It was an absolute joke that they allowed boost at the Midwest Champs this year and most of the other racers thought so too when they had to toss their motors at the end of the weekend. Motorama didn't allow any boosted setups and things seemed to go well from what I've been told by those who were there.

Why not let the club members vote on the boost issue for the stock classes and then nobody can complain?

EDIT: If everyone wants to run the mini sprints as a spec class, I would be interested as well. The only way I'm getting into oval is if it's spec - I'm not about to drop 2 grand on scales, tweak boards, a tire truer, and all that other crap you need for pan car classes :-P
Old 02-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Count me in for a stock mini sprint class also!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.