R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #211
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

larry f sr i have a heavy duty charger stand i made today if you would like it since i copied yours i will be there friday let me know and i will bring it
rcmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Haha just maybe it had something to do with it. And those cheerleaders you sent me were hilarious.

For all your graphic design needs.
CobraGraphics.net
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #213
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is the track setup in a new layout? I'll be making the trip down tomorrow for practice, weather permitting.
reh1555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #214
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by reh1555 View Post
Is the track setup in a new layout? I'll be making the trip down tomorrow for practice, weather permitting.
New set-up for the track will post a pict on here and or on the website tomorrow. We set the track up tonight, and by we i mean mostly big andy.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #215
Tech Regular

we might be in also for practice depends on weather also are you going to post up the edited rules for classes before friday that way if changes need to be made we have enough time to make them to keep people legal
Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #216
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmark17 View Post
we might be in also for practice depends on weather also are you going to post up the edited rules for classes before friday that way if changes need to be made we have enough time to make them to keep people legal
Basically everyone is legal, we just want to clear up some stuff. Example... Some guys feel that a 27t stock motor is not equal to a 17.5, and others feel that a stock motor is not a 17.5 turn. We had the rules posted for our track but it seems as though some were not in agreement or did not read them. There has also been a few things come up that were not posted on the updated rules sheet. Also some guys have 3s lipos or 7 cell nimhs and wanted to run them in a box stock truck under box stock class. We had listed that Only 2s and 6 cell were legal. We are trying to be flexible bc some guys only have these, so we have to update and add things and spell everything out so there is no arguement and no question. Another Example... Guys were asking about running foams on s.c. And stadium trucks. We want to point out that foams are allowed only on sunday for oval. Cant run them on the road course. Basically we needed to have a list for every class so everything is covered.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 02-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #217
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Ostach24;8626511]Basically everyone is legal, we just want to clear up some stuff. Example... Some guys feel that a 27t stock motor is not equal to a 17.5, and others feel that a stock motor is not a 17.5 turn.

as to that 17.5 and 27t are real close any good 27t can hang when i first had my SC truck i was running 27t and beating up on 10.5 and 13.5 with no problem it just comes down to driver and setup not top speed just remember what KEVIN used to run
Old 02-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #218
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=rcmark17;8627048]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
Basically everyone is legal, we just want to clear up some stuff. Example... Some guys feel that a 27t stock motor is not equal to a 17.5, and others feel that a stock motor is not a 17.5 turn.

as to that 17.5 and 27t are real close any good 27t can hang when i first had my SC truck i was running 27t and beating up on 10.5 and 13.5 with no problem it just comes down to driver and setup not top speed just remember what KEVIN used to run
All the manufactures say that the 17.5 is equal to the 27t, 19t is equal to 13.5 and so on. A brushless motor keeps fairly the same in power throughout its life, however there is a major drop in the brushed motors if they are not taken care of.
I was as fast as the 17.5 and beat them quite often before I went brushless, but I had to clean after each race... well the old man had to do it. If they were not cleaned after each race I was a half second slower.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 02-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #219
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Ostach24;8627273]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmark17 View Post

All the manufactures say that the 17.5 is equal to the 27t, 19t is equal to 13.5 and so on. A brushless motor keeps fairly the same in power throughout its life, however there is a major drop in the brushed motors if they are not taken care of.
I was as fast as the 17.5 and beat them quite often before I went brushless, but I had to clean after each race... well the old man had to do it. If they were not cleaned after each race I was a half second slower.
all good points all true but still they can run together with no problem just gear them right and like you said clean them out
Old 02-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #220
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up LOOKING FOR LIPOS

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY LIPO BATTERIES THAT WILL FIT A LOSI MINI LATE MODEL THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO SELL.

PLEASE CONTACT ME @724-396-0648

THANKS,

BILL
bwana6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #221
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Oval Pan Cars

Hello.

A few of us from Beaver are going to be at your track on Sunday, February 13 to give it a try. We run oval pan cars. To make it simple, we're going to combine our 13.5 HCOT class and the 17.5 TOUR class - both have very similar speeds. There should be three or four of us. We're just looking to have a little bit of fun - no strict rules to start out with.

I just thought I'd give you an advanced notice so that you're ready to remove the jumps for our races. Pan cars don't jump well. Believe me, I've tried it unintentionally.

See you Sunday! Thanks.

Kevin Minster
KMinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #222
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMinster View Post
Hello.

A few of us from Beaver are going to be at your track on Sunday, February 13 to give it a try. We run oval pan cars. To make it simple, we're going to combine our 13.5 HCOT class and the 17.5 TOUR class - both have very similar speeds. There should be three or four of us. We're just looking to have a little bit of fun - no strict rules to start out with.

I just thought I'd give you an advanced notice so that you're ready to remove the jumps for our races. Pan cars don't jump well. Believe me, I've tried it unintentionally.

See you Sunday! Thanks.

Kevin Minster
That is awesome and yeah we are ready to remove the jumps. We have had practice with the mini late models sprints and regular late models. We are excited to see you guys.
We want you guys to be happy so just tell us what your rules are for nascar and we will go with them. We usually dont get a ton of guys for that class, so you guys will set the standard.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #223
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=rcmark17;8627626]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post

all good points all true but still they can run together with no problem just gear them right and like you said clean them out
The 2010 Short-Course Nationals Rules (revised 4-21-10)
2wd Stock (SC10, Blitz, Strike, SCx, Slash, Ultima SC, & Pro-2wd type vehicles and similar)
Electronics:
Open to all servos, brushless speed controls, Transmitters/Receivers (the use of a 2.4GHZ Radio System is strongly encouraged).
Battery:
6 – 7 cell NiMH Style Battery Packs or 2-Cell LiPo or LiFe Type Battery Packs Only.
Motor:
Must use a 17.5 Turn ROAR Approved Brushless Motor From ANY Manufacturer. Labeling On The Motor Must be Clear. A 27 Turn ROAR Legal brushed motor of any type is also allowed.
Tires:
Must use OEM tires from the SC10, Blitz, Strike, SCx, etc... Any combination of these tires on any vehicle is allowed.
NOTE: HPI D-compound, belted, standard RTR tire, Part Number #103337 ONLY from the Blitz.
S Compound Traxxas tires are not allowed.
Body:
Full fender short course inspired bodies only.
Chassis/Suspension:
Open to any and all option parts intended for the use on SC vehicles
Minimum Weight:
2100g Minimum Weight
NOTE:
Other vehicles conforming to the above mentioned rules and specs may be allowed pending race director’s approval.
This is ROAR s.c. national rules. So if they say that a 27turn brushed and 17.5 are equal i hope we can all agree it is.
The only thing we are changing with these rules is that only 2s and 6 cell are legal in stock. if you run a stock motor and a 3s or 7 cell you will be considered modified.
I will find their 2wd truck buggy and all other rules I can and we will stay close with them. They set the standard for everything we are used to running, and how we had our rules already set up. the only difference is we ran into some stuff they dont have to deal with. They can say you only have 3s or 7 cell lipo, see ya later. we want to adjust accordingly when needed to our racers, within reason of course.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #224
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I like the new layout last night!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 AM   #225
Tech Regular

the new layout is nice has a good flow to it