R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #166
Tech Regular

Default a new track

Can't wait to race. please do offroad.........nitros maybe!!!!!!! i run 1/8th scale truggies and there is about six of us that all run together. we used to race the carpet oval in washington pa years ago and now we are looking for a track.
rythby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #167
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrusher46 View Post
Hey Andy I'll bring my laptop along too, but I'm not sure if I have the latest software - can we compare the software files real quick if we get a chance? I have to pick up Billy and may not be there till after 6 but hopefully we can catch a few mins somewhere.
Sorry didnt even read this til now. Left for the track at 3 didnt get home til 3-4. Next time just say something. The newest software is the v12 its the first software i actually put on there so idk whether or not its any different haha.

For all your graphic design needs.
CobraGraphics.net
Ostach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #168
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rythby View Post
Can't wait to race. please do offroad.........nitros maybe!!!!!!! i run 1/8th scale truggies and there is about six of us that all run together. we used to race the carpet oval in washington pa years ago and now we are looking for a track.
No nitros inside sorry. And there isnt much interest in 1/8th because the track isnt big enough to really open them up. They have to be turned dont pretty far to be managable. As far as coming to race, come on out. We will run off-road friday nights. Check out our website or call one of us for more details.
Ptraceway.com

CobraGraphics.net
Old 01-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #169
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any chance of running offroad on Sundays.That made for a late night Friday.There are quite a few of us that run dirt on Saturdays(We get there by 8 am usually,myself 630am).We have quite a few interested from MC's wanting to check it out.Mc's will be closed for Motorrama Feb 19.I had a great time and thanks to Edg for the parts and help.
Sgt Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #170
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It was great to see so many people at the track Friday night both participating and spectating. It really shows how much a nice facility can bring in the people!

There's been a buzz on the McC's forum about running electric on sunday during the Summer months - for the summer season, I wouldn't have any problem running both facilities since McC's doesn't start until noon at the earliest on Saturdays currently. However, I was absolutely burned out after the late night and early morning, and I slept 14 hours after I got home from McC's yesterday afternoon . . . . . and I'm still tired.

Maybe the Andys/Jimmy can get in contact with Doug and see if they can work together on something that will ensure that people won't have issues getting to either track? I know there is a good number of people who want to run both but can't because of the time schedule (I'm now one of them) - and if both places can work together, it can only benefit both places. Maybe it could be something as simple as McCullough's starting at noon weekly during the winter since we're no longer running nitro? Until then though, I'm going to have to bounce back and forth because 3-4 hours of sleep between 2 long racing programs is just too physically and mentally exhausting for both myself and a lot of others I talked to at both tracks this weekend.
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #171
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrusher46 View Post
It was great to see so many people at the track Friday night both participating and spectating. It really shows how much a nice facility can bring in the people!

There's been a buzz on the McC's forum about running electric on sunday during the Summer months - for the summer season, I wouldn't have any problem running both facilities since McC's doesn't start until noon at the earliest on Saturdays currently. However, I was absolutely burned out after the late night and early morning, and I slept 14 hours after I got home from McC's yesterday afternoon . . . . . and I'm still tired.

Maybe the Andys/Jimmy can get in contact with Doug and see if they can work together on something that will ensure that people won't have issues getting to either track? I know there is a good number of people who want to run both but can't because of the time schedule (I'm now one of them) - and if both places can work together, it can only benefit both places. Maybe it could be something as simple as McCullough's starting at noon weekly during the winter since we're no longer running nitro? Until then though, I'm going to have to bounce back and forth because 3-4 hours of sleep between 2 long racing programs is just too physically and mentally exhausting for both myself and a lot of others I talked to at both tracks this weekend.
I was talking to Doug sat about getting him down to PT the weekend of Motorama.
Sgt Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #172
Tech Elite

Hey guys, i just got in from the racetrack. We had a huge day once again. We would like to thank all of the racers that showed up today. We had a few minor glitches with the computer, but were able to work through it.
We cannot run off-road on sunday. We have a lot of support for the oval, and it is just not possible to run both oval and off-road in one day. We had 10 classes today and about 40 entries.
There is really nothing we can do about how late we finish. We try to and do run the races pretty quick and even gave no time in between rounds, the only thing that could possibly make us go quicker is to have no problems with vehicles and turn marshals ready to go. Things always happen, so there will always be a little time spent waiting. This is to be expected and really cant be avoided.
We have not talked with Doug yet, and will if that's what the racers want. We suggest that the racers express these ideas and their feelings to him and then when we come in contact with him we can mention it. We do not want to push the idea onto him and we do not want him to feel like we are trying to force him into anything.
I will update the winners tomorrow sometime. Check out this weeks winners for the a mains tomorrow. The website will be updated by 9pm at the latest.
Once again thanks to all the racers.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 01-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #173
Tech Elite

The results page has been updated. All the new winners are listed.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 01-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #174
Tech Apprentice

Very happy to hear of another track! ? Do you have a mod corr oval class on Sundays? Ill check out the track Wed if its open. Cannot run unless I have time to break down and clean from mc's Sat, but I will come and see. Looking forward to the clean, dry, warm location :}
Also any chance of a traxxas rally off road class? I will have to bring mine out to try it on the jumps. They look like the perfect size.

Last edited by rag6; 01-25-2011 at 11:52 AM.
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #175
Tech Elite

We have modd corr oval sundays and we have modd corr friday nights too. We will have a rally class if more ppl bring theirs out. We have 1 or 2 show up and a few mini revos, but they just sit on the tables, bring it out and ask ppl to run them with you.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 01-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #176
Tech Elite

Hey guys practice tomorrow, doors open at 5.

CobraGraphics.net

Last edited by Ostach24; 01-25-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #177
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostach24 View Post
We have modd corr oval sundays and we have modd corr friday nights too. We will have a rally class if more ppl bring theirs out. We have 1 or 2 show up and a few mini revos, but they just sit on the tables, bring it out and ask ppl to run them with you.
I'm a cab driver, Friday nights are out. I love oval though!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
I'm a cab driver, Friday nights are out. I love oval though!
Yeah come on out sunday then. Doors open at 12 racing will start at 2.

CobraGraphics.net
Old 01-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #179
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Got my stock buggy ready just have to find time to get there, maybe tonight.
joelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #180
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelm View Post
Got my stock buggy ready just have to find time to get there, maybe tonight.
Come on out we will run stock buggy.

Doors will open at five, racing begins at 7:30. You can even call ahead if you can't make it for registration.

CobraGraphics.net